• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I the Feudal Japan settlement a diamond sink?

FriarTuck

I got tired of the Viking Settlement so I started the Feudal Japan one. Soon I had a Merchant (or maybe a Market) which appears to want me to play a variation of Negotiate much like the Guild Quests. I don't have the diamond stock to do this every day. Should I bail and try another settlement or can the game be played without spending diamonds every day?

Thanks Axelroder

CommanderCool1234

The market allows you to use goods but since you do not have those good it allows you to use diamonds as an alternative. I suggest you get some goods.

Vger

You don't need to spend diamonds to do Japan (or any other settlement for that matter).

As CommanderCool just said, you do need goods. If your city isn't producing enough goods to do a few negotiations in Japan, then that would tell me that your city probably needs some work.

Don't expect to win every negotiation, you won't. But don't spend diamonds for one more turn. Bail out and try again. Yeah, you lose the goods you used. Cost of doing business (and goods are way easier to get than diamonds).

Tytan the Great

I ran through the whole 15 runs of Japan without using any diamond. It’s just simple negotiations, why would you need diamond? If you don’t have ANY goods to do even a single negotiation, then you’ve been playing this game wrong and perhaps you need to rework your city first before you attempt any settlements.

CommanderCool1234

I ran through the whole 15 runs of Japan without using any diamond. It’s just simple negotiations, why would you need diamond? If you don’t have ANY goods to do even a single negotiation, then you’ve been playing this game wrong and perhaps you need to rework your city first before you attempt any settlements.
Don't pretend that when you just started you weren't struggling with goods or you also assumed that you needed diamonds for negotiations. This has happened with most of us, it is a common mistake.

Tytan the Great

Don't pretend that when you just started you weren't struggling with goods or you also assumed that you needed diamonds for negotiations. This has happened with most of us, it is a common mistake.
Of course everyone will make mistakes and do stupid things, me included. I did have shortages of goods in the beginning, so I figure out why and how to fix it. I’ve never been that short that I can’t do 3 negotiations a day. If I were that short, then I would just not do the settlement. And I’ve played enough freemium game to know that there will always be a slow way to play the game without using the paid currency. You are in the right place to ask questions to help you progress, just wish you would’ve done that before spending diamond on those negotiations.

DeletedUser

There are 9 things to remember about the Japanese Settlements

1 Stuff needed to be efficient , Goods , coins and supplies (more on this later)
2 Get the merchant open as soon as possible , this is your first milestone and a biggy
3 Get to your Shinto Shrines , it will be your primary cuban maker the whole game
4 Remember the quests and try to set up more than 1 quest to be completed at a time. The quests are always the same and in the same order.
5 Do not move stuff around , demolish what isn't needed and only build what is (reason for coins and supplies and a huge time saver)
6 Max out each expansion at 19 and 19 only , less and you are inefficient , more and you waste Japanese goods for nothing
7 Map out your expansions and try to get straight lines with no obstructions for as far as possible (double line is better).
8 Pop buildings keep the population given if disconnected just not the coins. Ram them into a tight space with no roads to maximize the free space
8B Replace huts as soon as possible with the next pop building in line, they are tons more efficient
9 NEVER sell any main building level , you will only get one shot at completing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

FriarTuck

You don't need to spend diamonds to do Japan (or any other settlement for that matter).

As CommanderCool just said, you do need goods. If your city isn't producing enough goods to do a few negotiations in Japan, then that would tell me that your city probably needs some work.

Don't expect to win every negotiation, you won't. But don't spend diamonds for one more turn. Bail out and try again. Yeah, you lose the goods you used. Cost of doing business (and goods are way easier to get than diamonds).

FriarTuck

THANKS for that explanation--I'm so used to the Quests that backing down never even occurred to me. I'm looking forward to trying it but I've already started
Feudal Egypt so I'll me tied up for a long time.