• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I think this is wrong period!!!!

Tharkunn

In these negotiation sessions. We are supposed to guess what each of the people want. If we guess right on all the people the very first round. It only costs us five goods per person. This is fine this is how it should work. The come to the table wanting five of what ever.

Where things are goofy and just plain wrong is if they want five of a particular thing but will not say what that thing is. If I offer then five of the wrong thing they should just wave it off and I get my five mats back. In what would does the guy say, "NO! That is not what I want, but wait I will take it anyway. Now offer me five more of something else"

This is wacky.

DevaCat

Well, think about it. You're on an expedition for your guild, you're in some jungle and you've got a blanket on the ground where you just put down some goods in front of a chief who is backed by a pack of head hunters. You hope he will accept your offering and give you what you're after.

He shakes his head. "Nope, what else you got?"

You gonna ask for your goods back? Think about it. (That big guy in the back, yeah the one with the blow gun -- he looks a little sketchy...)

I couldn't stand doing negotiations at first, absolutely hated doing them. But I kept at it and now actually kind of enjoy doing them. You don't need an app. Just find a method that works, keep doing them, and you'll find a rhythm. Helps also to get your goods production up enough so that you don't have to be so concerned about the cost. Then you can enjoy the game rather than loathe it.

Zoonotic

Negotiating can be frustrating, but once you get your production or supply of goods up, it becomes less so. Tip that I use is to only progress onto round 2 if you have narrowed the number of Goods down to 3. The odds of finishing a 3 round negotiation with 4+ goods has got to be down around 15-20%. Much cheaper just to give up and start again.

67Sage101

In these negotiation sessions. We are supposed to guess what each of the people want. If we guess right on all the people the very first round. It only costs us five goods per person. This is fine this is how it should work. The come to the table wanting five of what ever.

Where things are goofy and just plain wrong is if they want five of a particular thing but will not say what that thing is. If I offer then five of the wrong thing they should just wave it off and I get my five mats back. In what would does the guy say, "NO! That is not what I want, but wait I will take it anyway. Now offer me five more of something else"

This is wacky.

I'll be the one that completely agrees since most of the foum responders are aplogists who's only goal is to make anyone that is unhappy with some aspect of the game feel like they are the only one and a bit crazy or loony. You are absolutely right about negotiations. They drain your goods at a rapid rate in all aspects of play...guild battle grounds, guild expeditions, and special events. I especially love it when the quest line throws up a complex negotiation that takes 7 goods for each player x 4 levels for a total of 140 goods for one negotiation. In terms of one goods building that is 7 days of goods production for one negotiation. I notice you are a new Member like me so that means you are new. Most of these players forgot years ago what it's like to be new at this game. But as you progress at the game...say 6 months in....you can get some GB's and special event buildings that give goods out. With a good collection of those you will have enough daily goods coming in to do some negotiations. But before I had those I was trading all my gold every week to do guild expedition. And frustrated as hell.

67Sage101

Well, think about it. You're on an expedition for your guild, you're in some jungle and you've got a blanket on the ground where you just put down some goods in front of a chief who is backed by a pack of head hunters. You hope he will accept your offering and give you what you're after.

He shakes his head. "Nope, what else you got?"

You gonna ask for your goods back? Think about it. (That big guy in the back, yeah the one with the blow gun -- he looks a little sketchy...)

I couldn't stand doing negotiations at first, absolutely hated doing them. But I kept at it and now actually kind of enjoy doing them. You don't need an app. Just find a method that works, keep doing them, and you'll find a rhythm. Helps also to get your goods production up enough so that you don't have to be so concerned about the cost. Then you can enjoy the game rather than loathe it.

Yea I thought about it some more. The guy with the blowgun sees that you not only have 160 goods....you have thousands....so he blows and your goods inventory goes to zero. LOL.

67Sage101

Last edited:

Savvy187

I actually do do them for fun. I can fight through GE lvl 4, but most of the time I negotiate it because I like doing the harder negotiations.
Personally, I find the harder negotiations easier, likely due to the extra turn you are given on the high difficulty. Too expensive goods wise if I can fight and suffer no losses though, and it's definitely not fun. To be fair though I have never been a fan of games of chance, and having to quit after the 1st or 2nd round and retry time and time again cause the odds I am presented with are abysmal is quite the opposite of fun for me.

Glockgemini

Only negotiate when forced to. Fighting is much cheaper. I see people running out of goods all the time because of GE and now GBG. I know I can't move up until I have 10K of each good in the bank. You can never get through the tech tree if you move up without goods.