• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

idiot hood people

Johnny B. Goode

People dump their defensive armies because it gets in the way of fighting with those now useless first 8 spots eaten up by units that you never lose or adjust anyway. Inno did this on purpose to slow fighting down so people just didn't put them up anymore
Sometimes when I'm fighting I'll notice that my city defense army hasn't been updated in several ages. That's how much attention I pay to it. LOL

Sounds like ifs and buts and candies and nuts, my fellow dreadie (I presume). I don’t plunder either unless plundered. Wait! I said something different, didn’t I? Don’t get me wrong. I like plunderers. Gives me someone to pay attention to. I reward them with crowns & medals and the warm sensation that they’re being watched (and sniped&attacked&plundered). Checking your hoodies’ defenses sounds like an active habit. Redefine your definitions.

You presume too much.
If you noticed, it was my comment, not Pericles coment. I.e., it should not have been posted as a quote at all, but as my own comment. That's why I said "that's weird"

yeah well I repelled an attacker. some of the units were already wounded. barely put a scratch on my units. wrecking crew whop..
also make 100+ fp on gbg a day

Tranir

Maybe they're smarter than you think:
~2 spear fighters denies you more battle points
~non-boosted goods buildings denies you the full plunder value
~TF's medal yield is paltry - again, a good choice if you want the plunderers to go find a 'better' victim (although my favorite is to do crowns from the sleigh builders as that means the plunder gets Zip and their guild gets the crowns)

and last, but not least, why waste hard to acquire 1-one up and Reno kits to age up buildings if they're planning on moving through the eras quickly? Or, if they are the ones that are built from tech achievements, they've just saved a lot of coins/supplies/goods in not necessarily acquiring the more expensive higher era buildings.

It's all about perspective! Sometimes defeating the opponent by making oneself less 'valuable' is far more satisfying than the instant gratification of earning more from your city "now."

Of course it could just be that no one has ever taken the time to explain such things to them as would happen from either a friendly neighbor or a good teaching guild. Pity.
Aslo, players who spend a lot of time plundering don't grow very quickly. I have a little PIA that often shows up in my neigborhood. I've grown 27% faste then them over the past year.

Dursland

Aslo, players who spend a lot of time plundering don't grow very quickly. I have a little PIA that often shows up in my neigborhood. I've grown 27% faste then them over the past year.
I have over 8,300 plunders in Zorskog and for those 2 1/2 years I was top ten lol. I'd still be up there too if not for a forced break RL.

Don't generalize :)

Ebeondi Asi

Dursland's comment made me go look at how many plunder I have done total. For three Worlds, and over three years my total average in each is 36 plunder per world. So very close to once per month per World. Some of those are plundering someone who plundered me.
As for sniping? I would guess I have done a total of about a dozen snipes. Some of those were sniping someone back.

I have no problem with others sniping and plundering. It is a basic part of the game. I just do not like to do it much myself.

Last edited:

Tranir

I have over 8,300 plunders in Zorskog and for those 2 1/2 years I was top ten lol. I'd still be up there too if not for a forced break RL.

Don't generalize :)

I've seen quite a few videos about using space to build Attack and Defense buildings. It seems that the consensus is that you don't grow as fast and that the space is better used to generate FPs. It is proving to be true in my example but who knows.

Tranir

At 46 months and across 2 cities (& 30 months, the latter city), I’ve plundered 9 times, apparently. And sniped thousands upon thousands of times.
I used to snipe all the time, but I've found that it's a great way to make enemies and can hurt your Guild's recruiting efforts. Do you see the same?

xivarmy

I've seen quite a few videos about using space to build Attack and Defense buildings. It seems that the consensus is that you don't grow as fast and that the space is better used to generate FPs. It is proving to be true in my example but who knows.
The general rule is those who try harder grow faster. You can choose to focus on boost and grow quite well. You can choose to focus on FP and grow quite well.

Though if by grow you mean the "rankings", that mostly comes down to "Age up as far as you can, then fight as much as you can" - you don't get near as many points for a fight against a lower age army. But I think the majority of players have learned not to care about the rankings :p

stymie of Suwannee

I used to snipe all the time, but I've found that it's a great way to make enemies and can hurt your Guild's recruiting efforts. Do you see the same?
Being a polite sniper can put you beyond social difficulties. Polite? Sure. I see a 1.9 structure in previous? Nope. Belongs to a respected guild (particularly if I’m friends with some)? Nope. If they complain, pay em back? Yep. If they ask what I’m doing, explain? Yep. Teach what I’m doing? Yep. See that they’ve graduated to a 1.9 and ignore forever? Yep. Recruit snipees because they show potential? Yep. The only complaint I’ve gotten in 2 years was an ex-guildie I pinched on purpose and promptly paid full value as soon as he asked. I’m looking for FPs, not drama. They’re just laying there, most of the time. PS. Retired from 1.9 myself, no hypocrisy here, just greedy non-materialism.

don;t care about points and fps,. then why do people play, Age up when you can and get big fp making special buildings and battle alot and lvl up gbs and snipe. a good defense helps keep the plunders away.