• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

If I jump to IndA can I still win PE troops from GE and GvG

Glaun

Question re advanced age troops.
I am in CA age but have just completed the IA industrial continent. I have discovered the PE continent and conquered one sector (tower).
During the time I have been in CA, I have won as rewards from GE and GvG one each of IA troop. No barrack was necessary. They were rewards, which have help considerably in battle.
My question is, if I jump age (to IA) will I continue to win troops as a reward from GE and GvG AND will they be PE troops?

DeletedUser29055

The only way to get advanced units is to continue with the continent map and the story line into the advanced era. You are not getting advanced units from GE or GvG, only from the story/bonus quests as rewards. GE only gives you current era.

There are limits, though, e.g., I am in PE and have PM units, but I cannot get CE units because the story quest will at one point that I research a PM technology or build a PM building which I can't.

DeletedUser31440

The troops you get from GE encounters (3, 7, 11, 15, etc.) will give you troops based on the age/era that your Town Hall was at the start of GE, 8:00 am Tuesday.
The troops you get from relics in GE are based on the age/era of your Town Hall when the relic spawned.
@Alvadora covered getting troops above your era in his post.

Glaun

The only way to get advanced units is to continue with the continent map and the story line into the advanced era. You are not getting advanced units from GE or GvG, only from the story/bonus quests as rewards. GE only gives you current era.

There are limits, though, e.g., I am in PE and have PM units, but I cannot get CE units because the story quest will at one point that I research a PM technology or build a PM building which I can't.

Glaun

Most helpful Alavadora. I stand corrected. I must have received the age advanced troops in the Quest Lines. Is it only the Story Quest line the age advanced troops appear, or will they show up in the Recurring Quest lines also?