• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

If you could only have 5 GBs in your city

Lady Gato

I agree, get CDM before TA. Don't agree with the level 10 though.. Push one GB to 50 before moving onto the next one.. level 10 GBs are mostly useless, planting a new GB and getting it to level 10 you've already invested a considerable amount into, imho it's better to take it past the sweet spot.
Hmmmmmmmmm

ODragon

If you look at the relationship between bonus and cost for each level, it is probably better to take them to 10 one at a time, then to 50 one at a time.

This times 100. Once you get to level 10, they growth really stunts until you hit the sweet spot and they aren't necessary at decent efficiency until they hit 10. Get the important ones all to 10, then start worrying about the sweetspots!

Emberguard

I agree, get CDM before TA. Don't agree with the level 10 though.. Push one GB to 50 before moving onto the next one.. level 10 GBs are mostly useless, planting a new GB and getting it to level 10 you've already invested a considerable amount into, imho it's better to take it past the sweet spot.
You spend far less FPs taking the TA to lvl 10 then you would getting the same amount of % from the other three above Lvl 10 in the cheapest way possible

kmc11

You spend far less FPs taking the TA to lvl 10 then you would getting the same amount of % from the other three above Lvl 10 in the cheapest way possible

If you're only in for ATK% yes. Though some players do stagnate because they are trying to buy goods for EVERY GB and push it to level 10.
They end up having no FP to grow and no easy way to get their boosts up further.

CDM is quite cheap and ATK, FP boost combo makes it a good GB to start raising your city.
( IMO after pushing arc to 60, or 80 if you can sustain it with event building FP )

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad move to push it to 10, it highly depends on what your FP income is on wether you can sustain to push it further.
Though the earlier you do, the earlier you see it paying itself off.

Just An Observer

No respect for Royal Albert Hall?

LoA has a smaller footprint. If you saw my city, which currently has a dozen supply factories, the LoA's limit of 40 works out just fine. Later on I am going to 5 factories with the LoA boosting them up to a 15K 24 hour production. The only reason to keep some factories around is to reach some objectives which pop up on Daily Quests and Event Quests. The big gas tank is Himeji.

Now if a player does not have Himeji and runs a lot of supply factories, then putting in both the LoA and Albert would be a fine move to make IMO.

DeletedUser27301

Ok you have listed 2 GBs that no one else has - Atlantis and Truce. Why did you list these?

I listed Atlantis because I really like plundering. There are arguably better FP generating buildings that aren't so costly to level up, but AM is just really fun! Double plunder on an Evergreen Express with a bunch of sleepers, nothing else in game gives a rush like that lol. Also the best looking GB, imho so it's bumped up for that as well.

Truce is one of the most underrated GBs, depending on what era you're in. I am going to aid guildmates and friends anyway, and if I save TT aiding for players in VF through SAAB, I get a lot of value by trading down the goods. I'm in TE, my TT is only level 4 or 5 and I've been able to build a whole bunch of higher level GBs without having to pay someone for the goods. I've also sold many sets of Arc and AO goods, some OF as well, so some months it's like getting 500-1000 extra FP for not doing much other than aiding and setting up some trades. When I sell goods, I accept any era that isn't Bronze Age and then either donate the goods to the guild treasury (usually what I do) or use them to help take trades of lower era players in my guild. No other GB at level 5 has given me that much value, and it's also value that helps out other players, it's win-win for all involved. I have also spend very few FP so far on the few levels it has, other players who wanted prints have largely contributed to it so far, even if I had used mostly my own FP to level it would still be very well worth it.

As for aiding, sometimes I will manually look for late game buildings, but even lately when I haven't has as much time to do that, aiding the top 10-15 players of my friendlist and guild still mostly gets VF-SAAB goods. I built Blue Galaxy recently and was able to get goods within a week by mainly targeting SAAB and SAM buildings to aid/motivate.

If someone is in the very late eras, TT is not super valuable and I think this is where the argument comes from that it's not very good, but if you're 5-6 eras down or more from the latest era and you're in a guild with late-game players, it's hands down the best goods GB.

Nicholas002

I listed Atlantis because I really like plundering. There are arguably better FP generating buildings that aren't so costly to level up, but AM is just really fun! Double plunder on an Evergreen Express with a bunch of sleepers, nothing else in game gives a rush like that lol. Also the best looking GB, imho so it's bumped up for that as well.

Truce is one of the most underrated GBs, depending on what era you're in. I am going to aid guildmates and friends anyway, and if I save TT aiding for players in VF through SAAB, I get a lot of value by trading down the goods. I'm in TE, my TT is only level 4 or 5 and I've been able to build a whole bunch of higher level GBs without having to pay someone for the goods. I've also sold many sets of Arc and AO goods, some OF as well, so some months it's like getting 500-1000 extra FP for not doing much other than aiding and setting up some trades. When I sell goods, I accept any era that isn't Bronze Age and then either donate the goods to the guild treasury (usually what I do) or use them to help take trades of lower era players in my guild. No other GB at level 5 has given me that much value, and it's also value that helps out other players, it's win-win for all involved. I have also spend very few FP so far on the few levels it has, other players who wanted prints have largely contributed to it so far, even if I had used mostly my own FP to level it would still be very well worth it.

As for aiding, sometimes I will manually look for late game buildings, but even lately when I haven't has as much time to do that, aiding the top 10-15 players of my friendlist and guild still mostly gets VF-SAAB goods. I built Blue Galaxy recently and was able to get goods within a week by mainly targeting SAAB and SAM buildings to aid/motivate.

If someone is in the very late eras, TT is not super valuable and I think this is where the argument comes from that it's not very good, but if you're 5-6 eras down or more from the latest era and you're in a guild with late-game players, it's hands down the best goods GB.
you may want to watch this video, and reconsider truce tower as a top 5 GB.

The gist of it is that unless you want to wait around 2 or 3 years for the Truce tower to pay itself off (and by then you are in a high age, so it loses all of it's value anyway), you are way better off putting the FP required to buy the TT goods and level it, into buying SAAB goods to trade down. Additionally, you have the space that the TT would have taken up to use for FP producing Special buildings.

OutlawDon

HC, Arc, CDM, Zeus, and then either CoA, Kraken or AO
If you get some easier ones first, they will help you get to the harder ones. I am surprised no one likes LoA, which gives a huge supply boost. And ToR gives wonderful surprises on the Guild Expeditions, including some rare items. I also think LoA is a beautiful building.

OutlawDon

In the worlds where I do a lot of fighting, yes it is. Outside of that, it is just too big.

Currently:
Traz (L80): 78 troops
Town Hall: 2 Troops (could be 4)
Timeless Dojo: 1 Troop (2 placed, 1 in storage)
Royal Bathhouse: 10 Troops

So the 14 troops I get from buildings doesn't compare to the 78 I get from Traz. Mostly Traz is just there for Rogue fodder since that's mostly what I care about. Typically, I have 1 military building of the age and 1 Rogue's Den. That said, I've gotten over 350 Rogues from HC so if I was starting over, I might go HC instead of Traz.

If you're going to do GE, GBG, GvG and torture your hood, you need the traz. If you aren't going to be big into fighting I wouldn't bother with the traz.
I don't see how you can win interesting stuff without doing GE. GBG is interesting and leads to valuable rewards. And negotiating is as expensive as fighting. I need the Traz to save cost of repairs to my army. Tanks are great, but get damaged. I can win battles easily if I just have enough tanks.

Lady Gato

I listed Atlantis because I really like plundering. SNIP

Truce is one of the most underrated GBs, depending on what era you're in. SNIP
LOL I haven't started plundering yet so Atlantis may be beyond what I want to do at this point. Truce Tower looks like an interesting GB to have once I have the basics down. I do like that aspect of it spilling out goods of different ages. But I had thought that TT also increased a chance of getting a blue print when aiding - or is that another GB?

Lady Gato

If you get some easier ones first, they will help you get to the harder ones. I am surprised no one likes LoA, which gives a huge supply boost. And ToR gives wonderful surprises on the Guild Expeditions, including some rare items. I also think LoA is a beautiful building.
In my original conclusion only 1 person recommended LoA. I actually do have LoA down as I am trying to follow a modified heavy questing guide originally wrote by CR. But since that guide is somewhat dated, I wanted to see what was actually being used out there. I also have a few ToR bps that I've gathered but I just entered into IA so I am trying to learn guild expeditions as well. What sort of rare things pop up if you have the ToR and you are in guild expeditions?

P C C

ToR enables the Relic Hunt. Each success in GE (64 per week once you can complete all of them) gives you a chance of winning a Relic, some great and some pretty useless. One advantage of FoE is that even level 1 has a big effect, getting it to level 10 adds much less than for other GBs. So if you have open space you may need later it could pay off to have it temporarily at a low level. Level 1 has 12% chance of relic per success (with 26% of relics uncommon or rare), level 10 has 16.25% chance of relic (32% of relics uncommon or rare). That said, I'm keeping mine even if there might now be a better use of the space in my city because I enjoy it.

One of the common rewards is 20 FP, among the uncommon rewards are 100 FP, 200 goods and 10 rogues. In addition, some of the other rewards that were becoming weak have been improved with the recent change to GE difficulty 4.