• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

if you lag on the forums this will help you sum

DeletedUser40766

if you are lag on the forums cleaning all your cookies out will help you out sum what

DeletedUser40766

i do still lag sum what i do not no if is the forums or what your welcome

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I lag trying to understand this.
Seems pretty obvious to me. @steel flame is trying to be helpful. He said that if you're having lag on the Forum, you could try cleaning out your cookies, which is a perfectly fine piece of advice. Then @Emberguard politely thanked him for this, because he was trying to be nice and helpful. Finally, he responded by saying "you're welcome", and went on to say he still lagged some (presumably after cleaning out his cookies), but that he didn't know if that was caused by the Forum or something else ("what"). If you are truly lagging in trying to understand this, maybe you should just stay away from cookies. :cool:

And to some of the less respectful responders, please try to avoid belittling others. Thanks.

Emberguard

Does anyone really have lag? I've never seen it on any of my devices, from PC to S6 to iPad Pro. Assuming that I have decent connectivity, of course.
At the moment? No. There has been odd occasions in the past when it has for me. Or that one time I cleared my cookies and cache and then the next cookie created linked my EN page to redirect to the US forums so I had to clear it again within an hr or two of clearing it the first time

Vger

I think in the last decade I have cleared cookies (or cache) exactly NEVER. Do people seriously still do this? Does it ever actually do anything today? Or is it just the placebo effect?

Emberguard

I think in the last decade I have cleared cookies (or cache) exactly NEVER. Do people seriously still do this? Does it ever actually do anything today? Or is it just the placebo effect?
it can depending on what you’re clearing for. In the game if the cache/cookies have old data stored it can effect the visuals.

DeletedUser40766

it seem aver time i click to go to the form from the forge of empires home page it tack to long to get her that is wan i am Login in to the forums all ready but wan i am not login it seem to com up faster

The Lady Redneck

I play on a laptop and have had no problems at all for a while. I used to get lags when playing the game every so often and it usually coincided with the times INNO was working to "fix" something behind the scenes. It did improve after I changed my browser to Firefox. I have also set my machine to clear browsing history and temp files etc, every time I shut down. Have been pleasantly surprised that I have come through the intro into the game of GBG and also this STUPID event without as much as a hiccup.

Captain Christian

So
Seems pretty obvious to me. @steel flame is trying to be helpful. He said that if you're having lag on the Forum, you could try cleaning out your cookies, which is a perfectly fine piece of advice. Then @Emberguard politely thanked him for this, because he was trying to be nice and helpful. Finally, he responded by saying "you're welcome", and went on to say he still lagged some (presumably after cleaning out his cookies), but that he didn't know if that was caused by the Forum or something else ("what"). If you are truly lagging in trying to understand this, maybe you should just stay away from cookies. :cool:

And to some of the less respectful responders, please try to avoid belittling others. Thanks.
Sorry, I was not trying to be rude. I just see this as well known information.