• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] If you sell barracks, do you lose soldiers?

DeletedUser2699

as the title asked, if I already pumped out my soldiers and decided to sell the barracks, do the soldiers stay with me or they vanish into thin air?

DeletedUser

they will vanish. Think of it as you have a place in this case the barracks for them to live and train and as soon as they no longer have a place to live and train they move on to another village.

Note that this is not the case for any troops that you get from completing quests these troops will stay with you until they die in battle.

Talc

That's cr@p, should be able to transfer some or most to the newer barracks, Also, even refit the older veteran units to the newer type at a reduced rate and rebuild at a faster pace. That would be more real world.

DeletedUser4844

In this game, the troops that volunteer to go into your army are actually unbelievably stupid. When you sell a building it actually gets demolished, and the troops inside are just too stupid to leave the place as it collapses. It should show little bloody stumps of arms and legs as part of the demolition process.

There, don't you feel better now that there's a logical in-game reason why you lose your troops?

DeletedUser9263

As a side note you can actually keep any units that are designed as (unassigned). They have no home and will fight for you until they die. This makes unassigned units more valuable than normal units that are bound to a barracks, and can be great for defense since you never lose units on defense.

DeletedUser4844

I wouldn't say it makes unassigned units more valuable. Unlike unassigned units, as long as you do havre the barracks you can easily replace the units in the barracks if they die by simply spending some coins and supplies. Unassigned units are only gained through relatively rare quests and the progressive era Alcatraz great building. You generally want to use assigned units for offense becasuse when they die they are easy to replace, whereas putting unassigned units on defense is a great way to free up your assigned units, it's not that unassigned units are actually any better on defense.

DeletedUser

My archers were actually pretty smart...when their buildings got knocked down, they ran out the back and hooked up in the forrest...formed some group they call "Rogues"....they're like merc's, and are Jacks of all trades....able to adapt to the profile of any military unit and they hang out in a Hideout in the woods!