• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I'm thinking about abandoning Fair Trade [Edit from "Free Trade"]

DeletedUser26154

It seems most people do not use the Fair Trade Calculator.
Time and again, people take my Fair Trades, then resell them for "Profit".
Meaning, they go against the Fair Trade Calculations.
I like the Fair Trade idea.
However, I am also a realist.

images.jpg

I'm thinking of taking my city off the Fair Trade Standard.

DeletedUser26660

I did that ages ago, just do 2 for 1 trades up and down, much easier and quicker to work out and all trades get taken. I never did understand why there had to be such complicated and different rates to always have to refer to just because it costs more to go up an era and produce goods from that era. It is the same for everyone especially now we are all in same hoods so if someone wants a certain good they get it.

DeletedUser26154

But anyway, back on topic.
So I'm really torn here.
A lot of people love Fair Trade and since I understand how it works, I see it's logic.
But people keep grabbing my trades then selling them as unfair.
Over and over and over again.

DeletedUser1753

The worst imo are those that when they trade up they use FTC and when they trade down 2:1. Selfish little sh!ts.

I agree that FTC doesn't always qualify as "fair" in the higher ages, imo 2:1 is even more unfair tho. I think the truth lies around 3:2 for the upper ages.

DeletedUser26660

You could try posting all era goods 2:1 up and down for a trial period and see what response you get, if you get same response as I do you will likely make up your mind to do 2:1 for all time.

Mustapha00

Of the five Guilds in which I'm a member, four are so-called "Fair Trade" Guilds, so, presumably, they would require use of the "Fair Trade Calculator".

I almost always post trades of the 2:1, 1:1, 1:2 varieties.

Even though the two aren't identical, none of my Fair Trade Guilds have ever objected to my "common ratio" trades.

I suppose that I can understand the frustration of abiding strictly by the set rules and then see someone else, unconstrained by those rules, profit from your trades. But, other than engaging in a bit of "trade shaming", I'm just sure what could be- or should be- done. I don't really want Inno forcing us into trading only how they want us to (and yes that includes not being able to trade in 4:1, 8:1, 16:1, etc. ratios- I've always felt that should be an option).

ITown

I used to trade 2:1 across ages. Now I trade 2:1 across 3 ages. This makes my FP:goods much more reasonable. Otherwise, if I offered 2:1 on AF goods, I'd have to offer 128 PE goods per FP to be consistent.

I try to be consistent.

DeletedUser26120

I never liked the fair trade concept. I prefer 1:2 / 2:1 trades. Yes I know this results in 100 AF goods being worth thousands in iron age but I don't care. If someone legit takes the time and work to trade down every age, they deserve the goods.

DeletedUser24787

It seems most people do not use the Fair Trade Calculator.
Time and again, people take my Fair Trades, then resell them for "Profit".
Meaning, they go against the Fair Trade Calculations.
I like the Fair Trade idea.
However, I am also a realist.

whats the verdict?
will you have faith in the fair trade cal. and help you fellow player and get taken by some unsavory players
or go to the old method of trades 2:1, 1:1, 1:2

a question would remain tho would you still do fair trades for friends and guildmates upon request?

DeletedUser11463

So what's wrong with people taking your 2:1 trade and then trading them at a different ratio to someone else? It's called Capitalism and it works. If you got what you wanted then why should you complain? If someone posts a 105 to 100 trade same age, should you tell them to stop and only do 100/100? Or if someone posts a hard to get item at 95/100 same age is that bad too? I've been in many guilds and seems like most people will post down 25% and up 100% for higher age goods.
You have a friends market, a hood market and a guild market. If you have a decent amount of friends and a decent size guild, that's generally 200+ people to trade with. If I want something quick I post a better than average trade and if I'm balancing goods I go even or sometime a lower rate. So I might post 102/100 same age for something I really need, and tight goods I might do 98/100 or 99/100 (AI data comes to mind).