• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Improving game performance, what can we do?

Frostblade

Sometime game performs poorly and I noticed hitting F5 fixes the problem for a while, but then after some time the UI becomes sluggish again.
One issue with that is fighting in GbG, by the time for attack window to open I could set army and attack at least 2 times more.
Also opening GB list window of someone else can be slow.

You can tell by loading shield icon which spins until a window appears, sometimes it spins for seconds.

I hope you noticed that too and I'm curious what are your workarounds?
refreshing the page or perhaps it depends on web browser? perhaps cleaning cache would help IDK, but what ever advice you have it could be useful.

I'm playing on PC.

Last edited:

PJS299

Sometime game performs poorly and I noticed hitting F5 fixes the problem for a while, but then after some time the UI becomes sluggish again.
One issue with that is fighting in GbG, by the time for attack window to open I could set army and attack at least 2 times more.

You can tell by loading shield icon which spins until a window appears, sometimes it spins for seconds.

refreshing the page or perhaps it depends on web browser? perhaps cleaning cache would help IDK, but what ever advice you have it could be useful.

I'm playing on PC.
I was about to say clear cache lol. Maybe try clearing history. Sometimes that helps.

FoE is really slow for a lot of people. I used to take about 5 seconds for the game to load. Now it takes 30. It also will take a long time to load random things. GB lists, messages, C-Map... It can also just be the device. Some people have very expensive gaming PCs and they load a lot faster. I just play on a Chromebook 3100 I bought from Best Buy. Nothing special lol

Dominator - X

I'm playing on PC.
I have not cleared my cache in over a year. I found out the hard way it resets all of my settings in Help**. Do so at your own discretion, if you haven't already. I only say this as I have not done it in over a year, yet have no lag issues that can't be easily fixed without cache clearing.

When experiencing lag (save for launch day in GBG. Nothing can fix that except INNO), close your browser, and wait 20-30 seconds and reopen FOE. Also make sure your browser is updated to its highest version. This will fix slow on your end. If it doesn't, check your modem/router firmware to make sure it is updated. Update it if it isn't. Even if it is, it is a good thing to shut them down from time to time, including the removal of backup batteries if you have them installed. Leave them off for a good 30 seconds to a minute to let them refresh, while disconnecting and reconnecting any cables attached. It's like giving it a nap. Removing and reconnecting cables can help remove oxidation (if there is any) from the terminals as well as give them more secure connections.

If these things do not improve FOE performance, it is likely INNO lag. Unless of course you have service issues and or a sluggish computer.

xivarmy

I'm playing on PC.
I've found that fighting-related memory leaks have gotten worse "recently". Don't really have an exact timeframe for how recently as it sorta seems to have incrementally creeped its way up.

I only used to experience it with mass manual-fighting after hours and blamed the process of loading a battlefield. But I get a glitch and have to close and reopen the browser every 500 or so autobattles now too.

I can typically tell it's coming, because things are slowing down before it happens and become immediately more snappy after I close and reopen the browser.

I've experienced this before with other innogames products (elvenar I found almost unplayable at times when manual fighting). But FoE hadn't been bad about it til recently. Hundreds of manual fights spanning hours triggering a need to restart my browser = whatever - how many people are even experiencing that anyways? But 500 autofights? Lots of people do that on a daily basis.

I expect this isn't entirely an inno problem, but also a browser problem as I don't find refresh fixes it. But closing and reopening the browser does. I personally use Chrome, which i think is even the browser they recommend though. I'm not sure if the problem would be better/worse/the same on other browsers.

Ebeondi Asi

A problem from a few years ago, I was having issues with playing GbG, just getting slower and slower over months. I was thinking I have to give up playing GbG. I was blaming Inno..
Anyway I just by chance tried a Microsoft app to check the modem. That said there as a problem. Now everything else worked fine, and it seemed like how could it be that? But the tech from my internet provider did a check and also said yes get a new one.
I got a new one from the Provider and my problem was gone.
Taught me a lesson about blaming inno for stuff they had nothing to do with.

I like my optical wired mouse. It has a nice free program to clean stuff. The app does offer stuff to buy etc, but well worth the bother. I use the cleaner every day, even twice a day to play Foe.

Last edited:

Frostblade

Thank you guys all advices, I'll test them.
Here is one advice I had been using for online multiplayer games which had fixed many MMO issues, primarily disconnects.

Log into your router and check if there is a setting which allows to to choose "Cone" or "Symetric" NAT.
If there is such option you can try setting it to "Cone"

Symmetric NAT is often deployed in gateways where higher security requirements exist. Cone NAT provides lower security, but it allows some applications to perform correctly and is more compatible with consumer applications, including applications on gaming devices.

In short "Cone" is must enable for online gaming (if there is option)
Funny it's currently set to "symetric" in my router, so I'll try that too and see if it makes any difference.

Also I noticed that GPU drivers have an impact on browser games even though hardware isn't used like with other games, so updating it to the latest might help.