• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Increase interest in GvG by randomly changing Landing Zones

DeletedUser11954

My proposal that I have brought up in my main world BETA was in order to keep GvG interesting and keep Guilds who plant themselves in a corner and hold off people by closing off areas to other guilds I.E. AA in K world is to occasionally change Landing Zones so that it draws interest from those that would otherwise stay away because it would be TOO difficult to go around and or through possible alliance Guilds. Instead of beaches Guilds can overcome Mountains and breach areas that would normally be off limits.

DeletedUser11954

Then a part of their game will die, the rest will follow. Change is what makes it interesting.

DeletedUser

The developers have stated that they will only be trying to fix performance issues with GvG, therefore changes to GvG are on the Do Not Suggest List for Proposals. I will move this thread to Forge Hall in case anyone wishes to discuss it further.

Algona

Then a part of their game will die, the rest will follow. Change is what makes it interesting.

If true it will be a slow death.

Too many players and Guilds have invested too much time and effort into becoming the op GvG Guilds to walk awy. They've put up with years of ever increasing recalc lag, ever higher power leveling, ever more needed coordination and preparation to leave.

Besides...

If a Guild is at the top of the world now, why would they want a change?

Any other speculation on GvG changes is useless until INNO release their announced changes. When? I see you shiver with antici

Triopoly Champion

As far as the GvG and battles, I prefer the current system, so I can have higher "Battles Won" than Algona.

If the landing zones change from 1 week to the next, he may have more chance to attack the sectors of my guild in Mount Killmore.

DeletedUser29563

The issue isn't interest, or lack of I should say. The issue is accessibility. PC players are a dying breed, mobile players are the majority now it seems.
GvG has an addictive quality that must be experienced to understand. Mobile players don't have that opportunity, at least not with any working quality. I still use Puffin Pro on occasion for scouting & planning. But it's cumbersome at best, not a good experience.

It's a shame it hasn't made it's way to mobile, but I understand(somewhat) the technical limitations.

Agent327

My proposal that I have brought up in my main world BETA was in order to keep GvG interesting and keep Guilds who plant themselves in a corner and hold off people by closing off areas to other guilds I.E. AA in K world is to occasionally change Landing Zones so that it draws interest from those that would otherwise stay away because it would be TOO difficult to go around and or through possible alliance Guilds. Instead of beaches Guilds can overcome Mountains and breach areas that would normally be off limits.

And how was the response to that proposal?

DeletedUser15539

I've posted in other threads that to make GvG closer to real life, some sectors should sometimes be LZ (Normandy) and some sectors should rarely be LZ (Inchon).
I suppose you could make just about any sector on the water a LZ at any time, but with high defender bonuses (landing during a full moon at a record low tide, for example ).

-Athena-

The developers have stated that they will only be trying to fix performance issues with GvG, therefore changes to GvG are on the Do Not Suggest List for Proposals. I will move this thread to Forge Hall in case anyone wishes to discuss it further.
Except perhaps some changes are needed in order to fix some of the performance issues. Just saying.....

-Athena-

The issue isn't interest, or lack of I should say. The issue is accessibility. PC players are a dying breed, mobile players are the majority now it seems.
GvG has an addictive quality that must be experienced to understand. Mobile players don't have that opportunity, at least not with any working quality. I still use Puffin Pro on occasion for scouting & planning. But it's cumbersome at best, not a good experience.

It's a shame it hasn't made it's way to mobile, but I understand(somewhat) the technical limitations.

Ugh mobile.....had to play only by mobile for 2 weeks...HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Athena-

And I like your idea....Creative thinking should be lauded not quashed.

DeletedUser33179

Except perhaps some changes are needed in order to fix some of the performance issues. Just saying.....

You do know that's complete wishful thinking on your part (with Inno's statements clearly saying otherwise), right?

I'm sorry for those that love it that GvG will forevermore remain as-is. Seems there is always room for improvements/creative new ideas/etc for all game features. Alas, not meant to be for GvG.

DeletedUser35713

I’m sure some have asked before but since I’m a first-timer, let’s pretend ithis is a new question lol. Is GvG going to be added for iPad players?

DeletedUser33179

I’m sure some have asked before but since I’m a first-timer, let’s pretend ithis is a new question lol. Is GvG going to be added for iPad players?

Lol. You're only a 1st timer on this forum. But you're playing in 3 worlds on the US server - longest appears about a year at least. So, please don't pretend that you don't know whether or not GvG will be added to mobile.

Edit: info is from ForgeDB website for player with your exact name & this info about GvG has been out there for months

Last edited by a moderator: