• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

INNO IS LAZY PERIOD!

mstorm

Let's get this right! INNO is Lazy their game designers have taken a back seat to this game and are slowly letting it die out.
Why do I say this? Because PART 6 OF coming soon. 18 months 1 age dragged on way way to long.
NO Use for AF or OF goods to Treasury. NO GvG OF or AF. No New Age now in over a year. Let's see. Inno can Create 40 New Special Event's to get your money to buy Diamonds, for crap buildings we have no room to place. WHY cause we have NO NEW Age with NEW Expansions.
Inno wants to keep pumping these special Quest lines down our throats to keep us occupied. Instead of highering NEW Staff to replace the members who left Inno, or passed away. INNO is more focused on their Newer games released.

Players here are quiting daily. Players that have dedicated years to this game. Are quitting and walking away, cause of all these issues. Either step up fix this stuff. STOP Being lazy on the ages. And stop pumping all these special quest for our Money if YOU ARE NOT GOING TO RELEASE NEW AGES! RELEASING A PART 6 of OF age is just plain lazy.
Sorry but I am calling it as I see it. I been playing 5 years, And sadly this will probably be my last year cause the game is going no where.

Rhyyss

I enjoy the events, and the various new options that have been added. This is a great game that you can still play for 100% free. If you don't enjoy the quest lines, just don't play them.

mstorm

I will see ya tonight in GvG on the left shore line in the landing zones. I do not care if ya have them stocked with rouges and drummers. :p

qaccy

While it's true that it's been a while since a new age was introduced, let me ask you this: What's the difference really between a new age and simply adding new research? Aesthetics? Goods? Aesthetics have no impact on gameplay and you've already strongly implied that you think goods are worthless now. New buildings (and units) have continually been added to OF with each new addition, including expansions. OF has 5 available in the research tree (I think that number increases to 6 counting the OF6 content), compared to 2 in FE, which was the last 'all-in-one' age release. Arctic and Oceanic have also both had more GBs than any other age at 3 apiece. What really makes a new age 'better' when the line has become so blurred lately? New content is new content, really.

mstorm

While it's true that it's been a while since a new age was introduced, let me ask you this: What's the difference really between a new age and simply adding new research? Aesthetics? Goods? Aesthetics have no impact on gameplay and you've already strongly implied that you think goods are worthless now. New buildings (and units) have continually been added to OF with each new addition, including expansions. OF has 5 available in the research tree (I think that number increases to 6 counting the OF6 content), compared to 2 in FE, which was the last 'all-in-one' age release. Arctic and Oceanic have also both had more GBs than any other age at 3 apiece. What really makes a new age 'better' when the line has become so blurred lately? New content is new content, really.

A New age always adds excitement, New Roads, Totally different units, A New Look to our cities. It is boring to keep looking at the same roads, same barracks, Same supplies buildings, same goods buildings. At the rate the Special Quest line is released, their should a new expansion with each New Special Quest line, to make room for the New Building they release. If they plan on making 6 part ages.
Or add a side Tec to explore and unlock new special units, goods, ect.
Add a option to the Continental Map so When we beat it. It gets attacked by the A.I. We took it from. And make us have to fight for it, to keep it, and not lose it back to A.I.
If you want to Make 6 Parts, Then Address the issues EVERY PLAYER has complained about. Treasury goods being wasted. If their is no Use for them. Then Let them goods go to our Inventory From Arc Atom, and Observatory. Let us use them goods to help our Guild members get tecs done, and GB's built.
Make a GvG AF Age, on the Map, make a OF Age for the GvG Map.
Keep us fighting if ya want to make a 6 part Age. Change GE map. to 7 Levels. and Release 1 GE level per day. That will keep people busy and for get about NEW AGES.
Change the GE rewards from time to time, Give us something New to Win. GE is the funnest thing in this game now. But it does not last long enough.

It was exciting to see new ages at least 2 times a year. Means a New Look to our cities, ALL New Troops, Buildings That have a different look.

qaccy

A New age always adds excitement, New Roads, Totally different units, A New Look to our cities. It is boring to keep looking at the same roads, same barracks, Same supplies buildings, same goods buildings. At the rate the Special Quest line is released, their should a new expansion with each New Special Quest line, to make room for the New Building they release. If they plan on making 6 part ages.

So mainly aesthetic complaints. Subjective, but valid. If I didn't like how OF looked or was reaaaaaally into art I might be anxious for a new age as well, but being new doesn't automatically mean it's going to look better either...just different. You could always put down buildings from another age to sort of change up your look if you wanted!

Or add a side Tec to explore and unlock new special units, goods, ect.

This is probably too ambitious an idea, but I'm not sure it would really add much either. GE is essentially what you just described anyway, albeit with our normal resources and units as rewards instead of unique things.

Add a option to the Continental Map so When we beat it. It gets attacked by the A.I. We took it from. And make us have to fight for it, to keep it, and not lose it back to A.I.

What would this add? What's the point of it? I can't really comment further because I don't understand what exactly it would bring to the game.

If you want to Make 6 Parts, Then Address the issues EVERY PLAYER has complained about. Treasury goods being wasted. If their is no Use for them. Then Let them goods go to our Inventory From Arc Atom, and Observatory. Let us use them goods to help our Guild members get tecs done, and GB's built.
Make a GvG AF Age, on the Map, make a OF Age for the GvG Map.

I don't think the issue is that we have no way to spend AF/OF treasury goods. I think the issue is that we have too many. Consider the difference between someone without an Arc vs someone with one at level 50+. Now multiply that across an 80-player guild. If a guild is building their treasury normally without GBs, do you think they're going to want more ways to spend them? Also, I'm specifically mentioning the Arc because that's the only one of the 3 treasury GBs that's really caused any significant 'problem' with guild treasuries.

Keep us fighting if ya want to make a 6 part Age.

New provinces are released with every new OF update, just like every other time new tech's been added to the game (new age or not). Other fighting options remain unchanged. You could always attack your neighborhood if nothing else.

Change GE map. to 7 Levels. and Release 1 GE level per day. That will keep people busy and for get about NEW AGES.
Change the GE rewards from time to time, Give us something New to Win. GE is the funnest thing in this game now. But it does not last long enough.

I do like the idea of GE being 'endless', but I think such a thing would be impossible to balance properly if it's even possible to implement at all. Eventually it's just going to reach a point where it's not worth doing, which is already before the current end point for a lot of players. What would the negotiation costs and military boosts look like in level 7 for OF GE? What would the rewards be?

It was exciting to see new ages at least 2 times a year. Means a New Look to our cities, ALL New Troops, Buildings That have a different look.

Aesthetics are again subjective, so I can't call you 'wrong' on that point if you're really itching for new appearances. However, new troops are new troops. OF is now going to have 10, and I consider the two 'sets' to be different enough in function that they're essentially from different ages. They do have the same general appearance of course, but beyond that they're different in pretty much every way which is how it usually goes with units across different ages as well. For example, you could rename the Octopod and give it a different appearance, do nothing to the stats and slap the name of whatever the next age is on it and you'd never know it was designed as an alternative to the Crab rather than an upgrade. Does a unit automatically become more 'interesting' or 'exciting' just because it's from a different age?

DeletedUser31540

Let's get this right! INNO is Lazy their game designers have taken a back seat to this game and are slowly letting it die out.
Why do I say this? Because PART 6 OF coming soon. 18 months 1 age dragged on way way to long.
NO Use for AF or OF goods to Treasury. NO GvG OF or AF. No New Age now in over a year. Let's see. Inno can Create 40 New Special Event's to get your money to buy Diamonds, for crap buildings we have no room to place. WHY cause we have NO NEW Age with NEW Expansions.
Inno wants to keep pumping these special Quest lines down our throats to keep us occupied. Instead of highering NEW Staff to replace the members who left Inno, or passed away. INNO is more focused on their Newer games released.

Players here are quiting daily. Players that have dedicated years to this game. Are quitting and walking away, cause of all these issues. Either step up fix this stuff. STOP Being lazy on the ages. And stop pumping all these special quest for our Money if YOU ARE NOT GOING TO RELEASE NEW AGES! RELEASING A PART 6 of OF age is just plain lazy.
Sorry but I am calling it as I see it. I been playing 5 years, And sadly this will probably be my last year cause the game is going no where.

Inno doesnt care about the people who have been here 5 years ... they care about the people who have been playing for 2 months

The sweet spot for a player spending money on FoE is when a player is a couple months in and starts to get addicted

Inno has been doing great ... FoE is more popular than it has ever been before and they are generating way more money than ever before

Your frustration is understandable but you need to realize that Inno tailors their game to make as much money as possible and if that means catering to the new player > the 5 year player then so be it

qaccy

Inno doesnt care about the people who have been here 5 years ... they care about the people who have been playing for 2 months

The sweet spot for a player spending money on FoE is when a player is a couple months in and starts to get addicted

Inno has been doing great ... FoE is more popular than it has ever been before and they are generating way more money than ever before

Your frustration is understandable but you need to realize that Inno tailors their game to make as much money as possible and if that means catering to the new player > the 5 year player then so be it

A bit of irony is that ever since the inclusion of Guild Expeditions, it's never been easier to acquire diamonds without ever buying them. However, it's also true that compared to older players, new ones don't have cities filled with event buildings that have been acquired over a period of years and new event buildings are continually getting better and better over time. To think I used to spend diamonds getting things like Reindeer Paddocks and Bazaars when now we've got Terrace Farms and set buildings...

wolfhoundtoo

Part of the reason for that 'sweet spot' is that how many people actually play the same game for years? Based on how familiar most of the posters in this forum at to me after all this time.......i'd say not many. :)

Also there's always the problem of giving rewards that seem 'worth' it to the players that have been here so long versus basically breaking the game balance which will would no doubt impact how new players would view this game.

DeletedUser25166

It's interesting that you don't actually try to debate my posts and instead resort to feeble personal attacks based on some false perception of who I am.
I don’t have time to debate every homerism post you make. For example, your complete lack of respect for colorblind people, by actually thinking the latest upgrade to building options is nice. It is a childish looking design change not needed. I’m sure I can find your post where you also like the achievements dropping down.
But please, continue on INNO stooge

Graviton

He likes the upgrade to the building options and that means he has no respect for colorblind people?!? Come on...that's a difference of opinion, not a character flaw. Those two things aren't the same.

qaccy

I don’t have time to debate every homerism post you make. For example, your complete lack of respect for colorblind people, by actually thinking the latest upgrade to building options is nice. It is a childish looking design change not needed. I’m sure I can find your post where you also like the achievements dropping down.
But please, continue on INNO stooge

You mean the post where I didn't actually dismiss the colorblind concern at all and instead focused on aspects of the new UI that are completely unrelated to color? I also never actually commented on my personal opinion of the new UI, since for the most part they tend to simply be changes rather than worse or better than what they're replacing. However, based on your reply I think I'm starting to see why you just attack without actually responding - you don't actually read someone's posts before you respond to them, and/or you develop strong biases for or against people based on poorly-formed assumptions and that paints how you view anything they say.

DeletedUser29055

Since Inno is taking the effort and time and money to port the game from flash to HTML5 I do not think they let it die or are laze.

Anno online died a few years ago because of the unwillingness of the company to change from flash to HTML5. I liked that game ...

DeletedUser31206

I've played Four Kingdoms (by far the worst), Mobile Strike, Clash of the Vikings, Celtic Tribes, Return of the King of Avalon, and while I would like to see them come up with a new age I consider this to be by a very large margin the best interactive strategy game that any of the gaming companies has come out with.

Last edited by a moderator: