• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

INNO Laying Off 75 Staff In "Comprehensive Reorganization"

... what ads do is generate a lot of revenue from a lot of players that previously would never pay anything. Assuming $5 per 1000 ad views, and each player has at least 5 instances per day where ads are placed (this number is higher, actually), it would take only about 200 players/day to watch those ads to get $5. ...
That would only be true if there are actually ads available to view. My overwhelming experience so far is that "No ads are available to view...". All those things are doing is cluttering up my city and making me manually do stuff that WAS automated.

honey55

They need to give us an incentive to watch them. A few supplies, coins, goods, 2fps, etc are just ridiculous especially in jupiter age. And frankly i can aid from my town hall those who aid me faster then watching 3 ads to get all my neighbors, friends and hood who aid. I'll watch an ad occasionally but not daily.

honey55

An idea for the INNOvators.... One special spot in the countryside where You can choose to watch Ads....
For every ad You watch You get one diamond.... no limit.... They will be rich beyond measure in weeks just from ad revenue....
I was thinking one fragment for a golden level or serpent or a keymasters workshop might do it for me. They could kill 2 birds with one stone. I'd not only watch ads but would like fragments.

La Marchessa

Guys, we don't know where in the company these employees worked. They could have been working on other games, or maybe were just accounting or management staff. Regardless, they lost their jobs. That's not a good thing, even if you're not a fan of the direction the game is going.

Wishing ill on them for maintaining, improving, and still innovating on what is, at the end of the day, an impressive suite of games, regardless of how they might be monetized, isn't the way you should be looking at this. If you want to criticize the decisions the company as a whole made? Go right ahead. But celebrating the departure of about a fifth of the company steps over a bit of a line, don't you think?

If anything, a laying off of staff will make it harder to address the issues that arise in the game, and reduce the ability of the remaining employees to create new content, good or bad.
I scrolled upwards from your comment and saw no one CELEBRATING people losing their jobs. So no one "steps over a bit of a line" here. Please do not create unnecessary drama out of nothing, it's not appreciated. If you can give an example of CELEBRATION, please do so.

I'm rather surprised at you UBER... this is a great departure from providing factual information, which I would imagine you would aspire to. tut tut.

It is interesting to note that 75 people are about 1/5 of the total workforce, thanks for the insider info. ; )

Flavius Belisarius

On the other hand, maybe they will rejuvenate GvG.
Restrict Arctic Continent to Oceanic Future.
Provide a GVG Era for SPACE.
Modify the LZ rules.
Address GBG/GVG battles-BOTS.
Bring back the historic mini-quests.
Maybe you could team up with any other 2-3 players and go in the dark Cave by the Antique Dealer for a mini-quest.

Last edited:

Angry.Blanket

On the other hand, maybe they will rejuvenate GvG.
Restrict Arctic Continent to Oceanic Future.
Provide a GVG Era for SPACE.
Modify the LZ rules.
Address GBG/GVG battles-BOTS.
Bring back the historic mini-quests.
Maybe you could team up with any other 2-3 players and go in the dark Cave by the Antique Dealer for a mini-quest.
Uhhh, i aint going in no dark cave with a strange man!!

Teev

I am a new player. About a month. I was able to build a place where I could spend time and grow. All the while keeping active. I reached a point where I was able to spend hours enjoying my progress. Now it seems to have changed. I have only moments of enjoyment then have to wait hours to play again. I built a strong army and am not able to use it most of the time. I liked it when I could spend money to speed up changes I would seek after. but now it seems there is nothing to do unless I just keep shoveling in cash. Now it is beginning to feel more like a one armed bandit than a game. I hope the new changes coming our way will not increase the new strategies I see emerging. I hope the new changes will be to improve the gaming experience for all. Giving the poor as much enjoyment as the rich. I do not regret the time that I have invested. I always seem to arrive at the tail end of what once was.

Businesses that are growing hire. Businesses that are shrinking fire. Seems like a Captain Obvious thing to say. Oh well, at least we have some top drawer new buildings to get in GE5 and in the events. Maybe we get surprised by Titan's new GB.
Not necessarily,

I suspect Inno may have hired a new CEO and they are on a mission to justify the cost of their salary by actively doing everything possible to maximize profits without regard to what us players think about it.

This is evidenced time and time again when they start a feedback thread about a change and it is almost completely negative, yet no changes are made.

Laying off staff is not a way to inspire confidence in Inno's customers that the game will be around and worth investing actual money in. The game has such a long term time frame, that short-sighted "bottom-line" cuts by Inno management do not make sense. I wonder if any of the executives actually play the game to understand their product? Kind of doubt it.