• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Introduce more Achievement popups to make the players happy

DeletedUser31882

What feature is that?

The new feature that has a lot of people in an uproar on the beta forums. I had assumed from your new posts in this thread(I haven't gone back to re-read the OP) that you were alluding to that. That's what I get for assuming. At least I have clean socks on today.

DeletedUser33002

The new feature that has a lot of people in an uproar on the beta forums. I had assumed from your new posts in this thread(I haven't gone back to re-read the OP) that you were alluding to that. That's what I get for assuming. At least I have clean socks on today.
soz 4 info...

DeletedUser32389

Why not, exactly?
For one OP changed the wording of the original post heavily, rendering the rest of this a complete joke. Another thing is that disabling the popups has been proposed in so many ways. If they were going to add that checkbox they would. They haven't, so....

qaccy

@Hootengoben I was referring more to the fact that the original proposal, according to the guidelines for nomination, fit the requirements. Unless they were explicitly denied a request to move it to voting (which didn't happen in the nomination thread, from what I can see), I don't see why they came back to basically withdraw their post.

DeletedUser33002

@Hootengoben I was referring more to the fact that the original proposal, according to the guidelines for nomination, fit the requirements. Unless they were explicitly denied a request to move it to voting (which didn't happen in the nomination thread, from what I can see), I don't see why they came back to basically withdraw their post.
Because I figured inno must have confirmed players would like the popup feature and therefore implemented it. So I'm in support of Inno now.

DeletedUser33002

@JaniceV So...you didn't even bother nominating your proposal for voting?

Why do we need voting? Did Inno actually work out a poll for the players before they decide to implement the popups?
Just admit it, Inno knows from heart how much we love the popups.

qaccy

@JaniceV I can't speak to when exactly it was first created, but the proposal/voting process has been present on the forums since at least before I joined. It's not exactly some new thing. The developers themselves don't have to poll us on new features because they're the ones in charge of designing the game and always have been. Conversely, we are not in charge of designing the game (most of us are completely lacking the required skills to do so), but we have this proposal process as a means of presenting ideas to the developers for discussion with other forum users and possible implementation into the game. As slight as it is, a lot of games don't even go this far with an avenue for listening to players (of course, some others go further as well). But if you're going to turn passive-aggressive about what was a good idea rather than your performing your due diligence on following the process, then Inno isn't really the one to blame here.

DeletedUser30312

Am I seriously the only player who doesn't hate Achievements? I wouldn't even mind seeing some more for that matter, like say ones based on completing DCs or something. I wouldn't be opposed to an option to turn them off though.

You know what we really need? GvG-based Achievements. </evilgrin>

DeletedUser31440

@JaniceV I can't speak to when exactly it was first created, but the proposal/voting process has been present on the forums since at least before I joined. It's not exactly some new thing. The developers themselves don't have to poll us on new features because they're the ones in charge of designing the game and always have been. Conversely, we are not in charge of designing the game (most of us are completely lacking the required skills to do so), but we have this proposal process as a means of presenting ideas to the developers for discussion with other forum users and possible implementation into the game. As slight as it is, a lot of games don't even go this far with an avenue for listening to players (of course, some others go further as well). But if you're going to turn passive-aggressive about what was a good idea rather than your performing your due diligence on following the process, then Inno isn't really the one to blame here.

In @JaniceV's defense she didn't submit it for voting on February 13th, it just never got put up to a vote, but instead of messaging a mod about it she edited everything to the point that it can't be used any longer.

qaccy

In @JaniceV's defense she didn't submit it for voting on February 13th, it just never got put up to a vote, but instead of messaging a mod about it she edited everything to the point that it can't be used any longer.

You're right; I do see the edited post in the nomination thread now whereas I missed it when I first looked. It looks like it was skipped over for some reason and the frustration certainly makes more sense now. I do still think it could have been better handled, though.