• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

iPad or iPhone

DigiGuy

Sharing these devices with others and I do NOT want the others to be able to login in automatically but the login user and password fields are saved somewhere and I can't figure out how to remove it. turned off password autofill and that doesn't do it.... Any help would be appreciated...

UBERhelp1

Does Apple not allow multiple users per device?

[EDIT] Wow. They don't. I swear they never add the most basic features

DigiGuy

I googled " Ipad Iphone password " and got the answer in the first response from Apple
In my laptop I can delete passwords in the Browser systems.
Wow.. your brilliant! however when I google the same I delete the passwords and then after opening the "Application" (here is the discrepancy from your logic) the user and password is STILL there.. thanks for trying though :)

Sharmon the Impaler

Wow.. your brilliant! however when I google the same I delete the passwords and then after opening the "Application" (here is the discrepancy from your logic) the user and password is STILL there.. thanks for trying though :)
Set your browser to delete it's cache including stored creds every time you fully exit the browser. I think that affects the app on the Iphone as well.

DigiGuy

Set your browser to delete it's cache including stored creds every time you fully exit the browser. I think that affects the app on the Iphone as well.
huh? on an ipad, iPhone or even an Android device you install an application separate from the browsers. they do not share the data that I am aware of. As a matter of fact uninstalling and reinstalling APPICATION ends up loading more data and returns to the login screen with both user and password autofilled. Mobile is different software than a PC/browser.
I am a bit surprised this issue has not been raised before. Let me give you another scenario where this is relevant. You have your mobile app loaded on phone or iPad and your son, daughter, grandkids end up playing on your device. They click on your FoE app icon and get to your city and destroy it... Don't think you would be all that happy. :mad:

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Only 1 SIMM per phone. Allowing and even facilitating multiple identities on a phone with only one SIMM would be a law enforcement nightmare.
Considering that allowing multiple profiles per device has been a part of several large operating systems for many years, I don't think it's a "nightmare."

Sharmon the Impaler

Considering that allowing multiple profiles per device has been a part of several large operating systems for many years, I don't think it's a "nightmare."
What provider allows you to assume multiple identities on the same SIMM ? Eg Name , number , IMEI ? I said identities and you said profiles.

xivarmy

What provider allows you to assume multiple identities on the same SIMM ? Eg Name , number , IMEI ? I said identities and you said profiles.
We're talking about profiles on a device. Not telecommunication contracts. You may for instance want to have alternate profiles for your kids or significant other you share the device with - especially a tablet which may not even have a SIM card.

Disgruntled Veteran

Apple added the feature for multiple profiles on an iPad, they just made it overly complicated like everything else they do. It’s called Shared iPad. I’m pretty sure it’s just for education or business purposes, but if someone is determined enough, they could use it for family members as well.