• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is a 1000 FP/Day City Possible?

DeletedUser40495

It's a bit of a challenge mathematically and I suppose there's no such things as "max" in FoE since GB's can theoretically improve infinitely...

But in practical terms...limiting any GB to level 81...I was wondering what is the maximum FP you can get from a city if you can all expansions available?

At the moment all FP-bearing GB's leveled to 81 will give a total of 370 fp/day.

In my world, Zorskog, the top player has about 73 event buildings in his city with the rest being GB's and general stuff. Since the FP drops vary between them, I gave each event building an average 4 fp/building drop to be conservative.

* I also did not add the new HC because it's variable.

73 x 4 = 292 + 370 = 662 fp/day

Obviously this is just a conservative estimate and doesn't account for variable city-planning and what non-FP producing buildings one considers necessary or not in the city. (like sleigh builders)

However, I also noted that this city did not take advantage of some of the customized event-set layouts that seek to maximize FP production (like Cherry Garden). The example I'm using also contains GB's I feel could be removed from the city when a person is at a high enough level- such as the RAH, Observatory, and a lot of HoF's. (* I'm not sure if the HoF yield at higher levels is worth it in terms of gaining points for your guild, but I'm also not entirely sure that the increase in guild rank is necessarily more productive than what can be done with an increase in FP/day to a persons city)

Also, the average size of each event building or set varies and was not taken into account here. Some were large and the smallest is a 4x4, but they all existed with a multi-functional city (able to do more things besides strict FP production) so using it was acceptable in my opinion.

However, do you think it is at all possible to reach a guaranteed 1000FP/day city in FoE- excluding variables like GE, ToR, HC, and that sort?
It’s very possible. In my Iron Age city on Jaims I make 101 FP per day from collections and have spent no diamonds to get extra event buildings. My city focus is entirely FP production and leveling the arc. Tons more room can be freed up though. Since the city is only 2 and a half months old I have yet to build Château Frontenac. I still have regular goods buildings which can be removed for more space when I build Chat. I think that 200 per day is very possible for that city in Iron Age. If that is possible with limited land in Iron Age, imagine what is possible with all expansions in higher ages? Yes it most certainly is possible to make 1000 per day from collections, but if you were not willing to buy diamonds to get lots of event buildings it would take a long time to maximize that land.

DreadfulCadillac

It’s very possible. In my Iron Age city on Jaims I make 101 FP per day from collections and have spent no diamonds to get extra event buildings. My city focus is entirely FP production and leveling the arc. Tons more room can be freed up though. Since the city is only 2 and a half months old I have yet to build Château Frontenac. I still have regular goods buildings which can be removed for more space when I build Chat. I think that 200 per day is very possible for that city in Iron Age. If that is possible with limited land in Iron Age, imagine what is possible with all expansions in higher ages? Yes it most certainly is possible to make 1000 per day from collections, but if you were not willing to buy diamonds to get lots of event buildings it would take a long time to maximize that land.
yes very true..

except the last part..if you were not willing to buy diamonds..you could still get a few 100 more fp per collection by lvling fp gbs.....orrr as somebody said..
(it wasnt the arc the breaked the game, it was the CHAT)

matto1

It actually would be difficult unless you spent diamonds. I added up all the FP producing buildings in my city and in my inventory (a reasonable comparison to what others who don't purchase diamonds would have after ~3 years of playing) that provide an FP proficiency of .25/sq or higher (NOT including SOKs) and got this:
263 FPs/day @ 1266 sqs
^ Granted, the above factors in half the roads needed on the longest side of each building, so with some efficient planning, this could be reduced by about 40-50 sqs.

Add in your estimate of 370 FPs from GBs and that's only 633 FPs/day. Allowing some of those to get to lvl 100+ would make a big difference, but you specified no GB over lvl 81, so I'll respect that in my calculations.

According to the wiki there are 190 known expansions. If a city had all expansions earned and purchased with diamonds (big assumption here), then that equals 3040 sqs, so with the above considered, that leaves 1774 sqs left. But you have to account for the size of FP producing GBs, other GBs you also might have and want in your city that don't directly produce FPs (like CF), town hall, and any other needs for your city. Just town hall and FP GBs alone would take that down to ~1500. If you want CF, military GBs, etc.. your available space would again go down to about 1200-1300 sqs.

If you filled the rest of the space with SOKs, you'd need 250 of them and get 250 FPs, taking your total to 883 FPs/day. 250 SOKs wouldn't be impossible, but it'd be a royal pain, and I personally only have half that many. But assuming you did have that many...

Another factor is BG, you could technically earn over 100 FPs per day collecting from high output buildings like fully leveled settlement reward buildings and some of the more recent special buildings if the BG was leveled to 70+.

So with that setup you'd be pushing 1000, just about. But there's zero residential, production, goods, and cultural buildings and no room for deco. Of course if you used diamonds to purchase multiple copies of the more efficient FP producing buildings, it would be easier to reach that threshold. But even then, those buildings wouldn't save that much space, some of which might have to go to non-GB, non special event buildings to make sure you have the pop and/or happy to meet your needs, as well as any other buildings you might want or need. One trick to help work this out would be to keep all your FP producing special buildings that add pop in the lowest age possible and never use reno kits to upgrade them. That way you might meet your needs with only a high level Inno Tower, and since FPs in those buildings are the same across all ages, you don't have any reason to age them up.

Again though, without purchasing diamonds it would be very hard. Even with purchasing diamonds, you'd need to be very efficient and drastically limit the non-FP producing buildings in your city. Since most people prioritize atk % boost along with FP production, a pure FP producing city isn't very common to begin with.

Anyway, I hope all of that is accurate. I can get ahead of myself sometimes, so if I made a mistake in my calcs, feel free to let me know.

matto1

@matto1 did that include settlements, GE and Antiques Dealer?

No, I included settlement buildings, but I believe the point the OP was asking for was pure FP production from the city itself, so I didn't include other means in that estimate.

You forgot HC. Also SoK's are no longer your best option.

You're correct, I didn't count HC as the FPs from it are so hit and miss. At least BG can be calculated fairly accurately once it's a high enough level. HC is much harder to quantify. And I agree, SOKs are no longer the best option, but again, if you use everything else that is .25fp/sq efficicency and above (which did in my model) before counting SOKs, you actually have plenty of space left over and nothing else that produces better FPs than SOKs. Unless of course you buy stuff with diamonds, which I was trying to avoid as I wanted to make a calculation based on the average player.

Oh, and spoilers (if you haven't heard), SOKs will soon be incredibly viable again if their Beta upgrade makes it to live servers. Which of course will totally shift this model. But just like how I didn't bother calculating a city with 300 SOHs (cause that would be impossible for everyone for a really long time), upgraded SOKs will be far and few between at their current AD price (except for money players).

matto1

Dark Doorway

AD

No idea what you mean. You quoted a few words of a bigger sentence, where I specifically said I already included everything that produces .25fp/sq or better. Since Dark Doorway produces .33, it's included already (multiple copies as well). I guess I could have spelled out the long list of buildings I included and the quantity of each, but a single sentence was sufficient. I guess I also could have given 1-2 word replies with no context and expected the community to know what I was thinking.

Yes, AD, good luck with that. Even if you liquidated your entire inventory (which would take a pretty long time, too), you're not filling your city with dozens of max level special buildings. Sure, you might be able to supplement your needs with a couple buildings here and there, but that's not going to make a huge dent. The only way to fill your city with the most efficient special buildings is by spending diamonds. Btw, most of the best special buildings aren't even available for purchase from the AD, and if they are available in auction, chances are they're going to be pretty expensive. You might get lucky with timing, but you're going to commit a lot of time to the AD and if you're planning to fill 1200-1500 squares with special buildings this way, you'll be at it a really, really, really long time.

ODragon

You might get lucky with timing, but you're going to commit a lot of time to the AD and if you're planning to fill 1200-1500 squares with special buildings this way, you'll be at it a really, really, really long time.

I think the point is you use the AD to buy Dark Doorways and parts of other things at the same time as you are collecting new event buildings, etc to remove the lower producing FP buildings. This means more FP and less m/p which is a win/win. I just put up my second maxed Pillar of Heroes, mostly from the AD. I removed 2 SoKs to place it.

matto1

I think the point is you use the AD to buy Dark Doorways and parts of other things at the same time as you are collecting new event buildings, etc to remove the lower producing FP buildings. This means more FP and less m/p which is a win/win. I just put up my second maxed Pillar of Heroes, mostly from the AD. I removed 2 SoKs to place it.

That's definitely a viable option, but its still a slow process, which is what I was getting at. I did the math on if I could instantly (not having to wait 24 hours) sell all my excess inventory that I never plan to use to the AD for max coins/gems and used it to get the most efficient special event buildings possible from AD and it wouldn't make a dent on the excess space I mentioned. Obviously there's a lot of ways to maximize your coins and gems, but it still takes a long time to sell off all your stuff, especially if you have thousands of excess items. And since only the better quality ones give gems, getting anything good from AD is a time consuming process. In time, as more special events come and go, and more settlements are released, and more is added to DC and AD, it will get easier and easier to reach the 1000 fp/day threshold. But as it stands right now, with AD only being a little over 6 months old and lacking so many options, it's not going to make that much of a difference. But I do like the newer options being added to AD, even if they are only in Beta right now, if they make it to live servers they'll be really handy.

Agent327

That's definitely a viable option, but its still a slow process, which is what I was getting at. I did the math on if I could instantly (not having to wait 24 hours) sell all my excess inventory that I never plan to use to the AD for max coins/gems and used it to get the most efficient special event buildings possible from AD and it wouldn't make a dent on the excess space I mentioned. Obviously there's a lot of ways to maximize your coins and gems, but it still takes a long time to sell off all your stuff, especially if you have thousands of excess items. And since only the better quality ones give gems, getting anything good from AD is a time consuming process. In time, as more special events come and go, and more settlements are released, and more is added to DC and AD, it will get easier and easier to reach the 1000 fp/day threshold. But as it stands right now, with AD only being a little over 6 months old and lacking so many options, it's not going to make that much of a difference. But I do like the newer options being added to AD, even if they are only in Beta right now, if they make it to live servers they'll be really handy.

You are wrong with this. Problem is you use yourself as the base to judge if something is possible or not. Way to go is to start selling all your junk in the AD at a 2 hour interval till you have all slots open. After that you start selling the good stuff at 8 hr intervals. In the mean time you buy again anything you can from the auctions that give you a profit. It does not take nearly as long as you think it does.

matto1

You are wrong with this. Problem is you use yourself as the base to judge if something is possible or not. Way to go is to start selling all your junk in the AD at a 2 hour interval till you have all slots open. After that you start selling the good stuff at 8 hr intervals. In the mean time you buy again anything you can from the auctions that give you a profit. It does not take nearly as long as you think it does.

Sounds like you're guilty of the same thing. Selling cheap stuff at 2 hr intervals makes sense to open more slots, but at a point you are losing a massive amount of coins over time by not doing 24 hr cycles. It takes longer, but provides a big increase in coins and gems. Yes, you can get more items to sell if you're active in the game, but your inventory is limited. Doing 2hr until all slots are unlocked and then 8hrs after that will cost you a ton in the long run. Howver if speed is your objective, then it gets you what you want faster, yet in the long run you're leaving a lot on the table. Do you have any idea how much you've sold and what you've acquired with it? Do you know how it compares to your total inventory? I'd really be curious to see a concrete example of your success.

As far as using myself as a base, I only did that to add up the coins and gems I could potentially earn if I sold everything in my inventory I won't need at a 24 hr cycle. Sure, I could sell the expensive stuff, but that's what I plan to keep and use. Again, playing the game for almost 4 years on my main, active daily, and doing every event, quest, etc.. available to me in that time period as well as GE 64 every week since it came out I think my inventory would be a sufficient example, considering this whole time I've been referring to the average player. Based on my world ranking, I'm not the average player, so if anything my estimates would be high. With that in mind, I would have plenty of coins, but I would be severely lacking gems. Yes, I could get a lot of special buildings, including Dark Doorways, but the gems was the main limiting factor. Again, this is all hypothetical as there's no way I can instantly sell off my entire inventory at 24 hr cycles, which is why I'd really like to know what you've acquired actively using your method over the last 7-8 months. Keep in mind, if you're using Dark Doorways as an example, you'd need about 120-140 of them to fill the leftover available space in my example (that includes roads).

Agent327

My inventory isn't limited. 6 years of play and never been bothered by the urge to empty it builds a big stock. GE and a lvl 80 temple keeps adding to it and so does the auction. Bottom isn't in sight yet and selling on 24hrs now will keep it at that for a long time. Have 1,7M coins and 2,9K gems. Plenty of storage kits to store SoK's from my city and sell those. Replace them with buildings that give a higher profit. Only thing limitting you to reach 1000 fp a day is leaving your GB's at lvl 81 and that is a stupid restriction. Why should you. They are already there and you have the fp's to spend.

DeletedUser31499

The Statue of Hero’s at level 5 gives 6 fp using 12 squares. 3 Soks us 12 squares and give 3 fp. SoH is a better fp producer.

DeletedUser27322

totally doable.. My main on G is only CE (using about half as much building space as is what's possible) and I make like 725 at collection. if you count plundering, himeji, gbg, etc.. ive made over 1k a day many times