• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is Aid All part of Forge Plus?

Kranyar the Mysterious

Because inno does not listen to most beta feedback....
Then again, they don't listen to much live feedback either.... lol
No, they have a secret feedback source that they prefer to listen to that always seems to totally contradict beta feedback, and then when whatever it is goes live, the feedback from live matches that from beta. So therefore everyone is wrong and we get the crap we do.

The fact of the secret source is directly from Inno community managers on beta, and it is widely believed by the beta community that this feedback source is either the company's accountants or the CEO's ouija board.

Graviton

The post doesn't explain why you do A/B testing when you have an entire server of thousands of people for beta testing - and you STILL do A/B on there. Whats the point of beta server if not to do live testing ???

Because a beta environment and a live environment are inherently different. Beta testing works out kinks in the code, A/B testing tests the new functionality in a live setting prior to general release. A/B testing is also a better gauge of how the new feature affects the overall user community and not just the relatively small group of beta testers.

We've all lived without Aid All for years, we can probably wait a few more months for it without adverse effects.

P C C

The post doesn't explain why you do A/B testing when you have an entire server of thousands of people for beta testing - and you STILL do A/B on there. Whats the point of beta server if not to do live testing ???
One reason to do A/B testing on the regular servers, when it isn't simply testing to be sure a change works, is that joining Beta is a self selection that likely results in a systematically different cohort of players. So if they are interested in how regular players react to different options it can give them better information.

planetofthehumans2

Because a beta environment and a live environment are inherently different. Beta testing works out kinks in the code, A/B testing tests the new functionality in a live setting prior to general release. A/B testing is also a better gauge of how the new feature affects the overall user community and not just the relatively small group of beta testers.

We've all lived without Aid All for years, we can probably wait a few more months for it without adverse effects.
Beta is essentially a live server though with people around the world rather than just people who live in the US/ext. There are many of us on beta, more of a mixed bag than rolling things out on the EN server first. A lot of top players on my server are on beta as well and more active on the beta forum than this. Theres no sense to A/B testing when beta should be the A group. As well, beta acts as a safeguard in case of catastrophic failiure after an update. I'm sure there are none too pleased with the mobile ads but they don't generally post on the forums either so nobody was sure that was happening.

I'm just here tryin ta get aid all and I don't appreciate not having features accessible to me because of some random algorithym.