• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is GBG attrition on a given sector be limited to 67%?

True592

I have spent over 12,000 on the game and one of my guildmates has spent 53,000 on it. We are not a test , we are customers and want to be treated like customers. It's a capitalist world , live with it.

View attachment 20585

The next time you try to impress us, make your numbers 10 times less. We would still be impressed, yet we might believe them.
Unless, you spent something else? Did you mean 12,000 diamonds that you got from exactly that, farming?

Sharmon the Impaler

The next time you try to impress us, make your numbers 10 times less. We would still be impressed, yet we might believe them.
Unless, you spent something else? Did you mean 12,000 diamonds that you got from exactly that, farming?
I don't need to impress anyone with fake numbers , anyone with access can verify this with the backend anyway. Now wouldn't that make me look stupid if someone did that ? Try a little harder , your name is true , you can do better than that. 7 Summer palaces , 19 Jesters , 3 legendaries , 7 Viceroys and I didn't get the gold line just the fellowship line because I got stuck in the B group. That means I got to at least 1775 , you do the math. The other in my guild has 58 Cartographer houses , another has 18 Summer palaces . Not everyone is a free to play. Want to have a look ? Buccaneer bays , 10. Hidden goods 52. Level 18 Castle Every other event I have at least 8 full event buildings from the last 8 events.. I posted a conversation with support discussing $785 on the last event alone but they deleted it after a mod saw it. It's a shame , it got 9 likes after 7 days up . I am in Q. Like I said , I am a customer and want to be treated like one and so do all the others that have spent a lot of money on this game. Want to see a jaw dropping city ? Look in Q for LilyLu13 , a real queen of a lady with a city that will blow your mind. 1/4 is Bucc Bays , In SAT all expansions , Level 20 castle , gets event buildings 20 - 30 and sometimes even 40 per event. Has been permanently the #1 PVP player for as long as PvP Arena has been out and you couldn't meet a nicer lady.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Right, all those from the "top 1%".
Regardless of whether we're defining "top 1%" by expenditure, global ranking, or just position in Guild Battlegrounds, it's hard to say how many people against the idea would actually be in the top 1%.

Initially I was for the idea, but I think
(a) everyones too used to the current status quo for that particular change to be successful. Depending on what exactly the change aims to achieve, people would have to choose to make changes in their own behavior for it to actually do anything, and that could most likely be done without the attrition cap
(b) a handful of people have already figured out ways to get past the max 150 attrition anyway, therefore it wouldn't do anything aside from hand over the map to a handful of people who can fight against unlimited attrition

Unless the goal is simply to make it more challenging and nothing else, I don't see a attrition cap succeeding at the goal

Jackshat

Fwiw, what I've been calling "The Farming Syndicate" is why I'm still enjoying FoE. Oh, not because I'm part of it--I'm not; it presents a problem that CAN be solved.

I'm not speaking in the context of it being wrong. To the contrary, it's a brilliant USER-developed way to maximize rewards from GBG--IF you accept your place in a pecking order dictated by others. It matters not if Inno intended it that way, the end-users drove the "narrative" to make it so.

But, I was on my way out of FoE when I learned about "GBG farming". I was still a small fry and hadn't even witnessed it, but was intrigued to know how a guild could be "beached". I eventually witnessed farming and was as appauled as I was impressed! Appauled that people would acquiesce to the mighty, but impressed with the coordination to pull it all off!

So, to those who happen by this forum and have fashioned a negative attitude towards Inno (for "allowing" this) and the various Farming Syndicates across the servers, I encourage you to get equally diabolical to counter the Farming Syndicates--in-game, not complain.

Come to East Nagach and join "Easy Company", after you reach Iron Age (IA). You won't be in IA long as we'll accelerate you to High Middle Age where your "Strength and Conditioning" to prepare you for Diamond League GBG begins. It's a logistical test concept ready for wet trials...

Pericles the Lion

I applaud you for sticking to your guns on your opinion but I think what's happening here is that you may not be considering a vital POV: most players in the "top leagues" you keep referring to really don't care about the SC support to be honest. Of course they do want to be able to fight 'indefinitely' - it's fun and even rewarding. Truth is, most players with over 1000 Attk/Attk-D even bother to look at the SC support unless their personal attrition is more than 1/2 way to their 'daily limit.' And if they're over 2K? Piece of cake.
You couldn't be more wrong. Every player doing any serious GBG fighting in a top D1K guild cares about SC support. That's why the top guilds generally require high level guild support buildings (Arc, Atom, Obs, AI Core, etc), why they spend diamonds to rush camps, and why most swaps exclude the outer ring of the map (where SC support is scant). My red bonuses are well over 2K and the only time that I don't care about SC support is at the end of the day when I'm burning attrition that would otherwise go to waste. Every top fighter that I know feels exactly the same way.

Sharmon the Impaler

I applaud you for sticking to your guns on your opinion but I think what's happening here is that you may not be considering a vital POV: most players in the "top leagues" you keep referring to really don't care about the SC support to be honest. Of course they do want to be able to fight 'indefinitely' - it's fun and even rewarding. Truth is, most players with over 1000 Attk/Attk-D even bother to look at the SC support unless their personal attrition is more than 1/2 way to their 'daily limit.' And if they're over 2K? Piece of cake.

I think it's already been stated enough here and certainly on other threads that it seems Inno has nerfed the idea of the attrition cap for one reason and one reason only: it won't really make any difference to those who are determined and committed enough to win. I'm not saying that there aren't some guilds who are definitely made up of and formed by those who only care for their own rewards and literally use up their 'guildies' for what they can provide to the 'machine,' not for themselves.

I think you'll find that after all of this time that's actually more than a bit passe. Players who run big guilds or who dictate terms within them are not so stupid that they'd completely dismiss the needs and desires of the middle-echelon player and many more than you might think actually go out of their way to encourage, mentor, and help new(er) players build their cities and their skills to fight at those levels - on their own terms. It's not nearly as easy as one might think to have a guild of 60+ players and have them all want/need/go after the same things. Would it be so surprising to you to know that when you're sitting on the beach watching all of the flags go up and the meters moving quickly that there really are not much more than 4 to 10 players doing that? Even on the weekends and other times of play when people might have more free time, there are rarely much more than a dozen players who are priming the sectors. That is what has been the way that those guilds have been able to stand head and shoulders above the others in their leagues: teamwork. If what you want is to stop them from 'hogging' the map you're going to have to fight fire with fire - you need to build a team (or join one) who is willing and able to change a system that's been 4 years in the making. No attrition cap is going to stop that but only provide another challenge to those players to do more and fight more, not less. What I'm saying is that it's really all about the attitude rather than the skillset of the members of any 'top' guild. (I know I found it completely surprising after taking some time away from the game for the better part of a year to see people I knew to be at the top of their game with 1000's of fights per season under their belts 'before' who now just hit a few hundred per season but I can assure you, they are there when their guild needs them. That's not FP-farming to me: that's teamwork and the true meaning behind a word like "Guild.")

For a very long time I truly disliked the concept of what seemed to be an elite club of players determined to keep everyone else "out." I just saw it as a challenge to improve my city's boosts and my own fighting skills and rather than rail against the fates as it were to jump in and enjoy the game as it is, warts and all. Besides, after 3 years - I'm actually starting to see some real improvement in my BG earnings and I never thought that would be possible! (I have been in those top guilds since the feature was introduced. It's not about what guild you're in - in my experience - it's how you choose to play in the guild you're in).

I have to add - did someone say "limitless fighting" earlier on in this thread? How is that even possible? LOL Math is math and I'm sorry but when you have X number of sectors available in a 10.5 day period and they unlock every 4 hours, there's a limit alright - you just have to figure out how all of those numbers and variables turn into the equation to determine just how limited it really is. Bottom line: if there's a finite end to a feature then there sure is a finite number (and optimum) number of tasks (fights, negotiations) than can be accomplished in that time limit. Limitless isn't even a possibility much less a probablity.
You couldn’t be more wrong. Don’t care about SC support ? The whole concept of GbG cooperation was borne of the need for optimized SC support and you can’t even sit at the GBG table if you don’t rebuild SCs every session. SC support is the driving force behind building up a top 10 guild. Are you sure you are playing FoE ? To be sure you should click on help and about on the game window and make sure that FoE is there and not some other game.

Last edited:

Xenosaur

I disagree with this, The game is about growing a city for fighting GBG and fighting GvG and Fighting PVP and winning GE championships..
With out GbG ,GvG there is no reason to grow a city,

That's not my game. GbG as a 10 day slugfest to plant a victory flag was, from day 1, never appealing. Figuring out how to achieve a higher yield rate for my accumulation of game wealth - was. That's done through economic cooperation of some type.

Spend a little combined resource, make a lot of personal ones.

the "fight itself" is extraneous.

So most fighting is an adjunct endeavor.

GE isn't about fighting - as a guild founder - it's about leading like minded people to our amazing 130 and 2 record. So that's a team building effort, not an individual one - that even could be address with negotiation only, without fighting but still TEAM winning.

It takes more management skill to find, recruit, and retain people that express a singularity of vision and are willing to work toward a mutual goal.

YOUR game may be growing a city for fighting GBG and fighting GvG and Fighting PVP and winning GE championships... but it's not where I choose (or chose to focus). The game is deep enough and rich enough to blend goals, or have tangential ones to the mainstream efforts. There are much higher dimensional planes for personal and game growth and enjoyment strategies in FoE, vs just the fighting venues. Figuring out what GBG could become for my game through cooperation (what you call farming...) was one such endeavor. Selling it repeatedly from Nov '19 even to this day, provides an educational, social and diplomatic type of challenge I enjoy.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

The SC support is nice, everyone wants it. But when push comes to shove all the top players in my Guilds have zero problem doing three or two or one or none.. camps sectors. as needed.
All the blabber about they should do this they should do that is total speculation. What they did do is drop the 67% cap. That is all that matters. Rehashing the same arguments gone over twice already ,plus in Beta is not going to matter.
But good luck on the next ten pages of drivel.
Though I do have to say what Mor-Rioghain wrote was pretty spot on.
I think the comments chastising "Camp support" miss the point, Yeah players do care. but they can manage with camps or without. I think Mor-Rioghain was correct, she just did not phrase it well enough to satisfy the crowd of Debbie Downers. Who will jump on the tiniest crack in a post because that is pretty much what they really enjoy doing. ;)

Angry.Blanket

That's not my game. GbG as a 10 day slugfest to plant a victory flag was, from day 1, never appealing. Figuring out how to achieve a higher yield rate for my accumulation of game wealth - was. That's done through economic cooperation of some type.

Spend a little combined resource, make a lot of personal ones.

the "fight itself" is extraneous.

So most fighting is an adjunct endeavor.

GE isn't about fighting - as a guild founder - it's about leading like minded people to our amazing 130 and 2 record. So that's a team building effort, not an individual one - that even could be address with negotiation only, without fighting but still TEAM winning.

It takes more management skill to find, recruit, and retain people that express a singularity of vision and are willing to work toward a mutual goal.

YOUR game may be growing a city for fighting GBG and fighting GvG and Fighting PVP and winning GE championships... but it's not where I choose (or chose to focus). The game is deep enough and rich enough to blend goals, or have tangential ones to the mainstream efforts. There are much higher dimensional planes for personal and game growth and enjoyment strategies in FoE, vs just the fighting venues. Figuring out what GBG could become for my game through cooperation (what you call farming...) was one such endeavor. Selling it repeatedly from Nov '19 even to this day, provides an educational, social and diplomatic type of challenge I enjoy.
And once again I disagree, you skip 50% of the game, and I believe this breaks the game for those that want to play the entire game.
Winning GbG almost always requires negotiating, If everyone in every guild in every world fought GbG for the win, the load for the individual would go down and it would require less time and less resources.

BantyRooster

It appears to me that there has been a change in gbg to me. Since so many were against the idea of camps support being nerfed, what inno did was cause more of the sectors to be nerfed. Or am I wrong?

True592

The SC support is nice, everyone wants it. But when push comes to shove all the top players in my Guilds have zero problem doing three or two or one or none.. camps sectors. as needed.

You are lucky to be in that guild. I hear all over how GBG coordinators are having a hard time, finding takers for 1-2 SC support tiles.
Moreover, if guild is actively swapping at 67% (and what if it's 50%?) then in the late afternoon either of two things would happen: 1. Swappers would be forced to pull away, not able to afford 50-% tiles on outer layers 2. Only few players would still be able to run.

True592

Truth is, most players with over 1000 Attk/Attk-D even bother to look at the SC support unless their personal attrition is more than 1/2 way to their 'daily limit.' And if they're over 2K? Piece of cake.

Truth is, very few people can do so.

What's more, most of them are a loophole abusers.
People who fight with Oceanic Age troops while they are in, say, Progressive Age. Inno seems to be trying to find some pretty way to limit it, instead of just setting a rule of, say, no more than 1 Age up in GBG.

Sharmon the Impaler

What loophole ? Inno designed the game to do that so it gives 9 eras the addition goals of advanced units. What will they do with these advanced units if not fight with them ?

Pericles the Lion

Truth is, very few people can do so.

What's more, most of them are a loophole abusers.
People who fight with Oceanic Age troops while they are in, say, Progressive Age. Inno seems to be trying to find some pretty way to limit it, instead of just setting a rule of, say, no more than 1 Age up in GBG.
A few years ago I got Hovers in my main city when it was in Indy. Currently, I have OF units in my Indy secondary city. Any player that went to the trouble will tell you that getting these units requires a lot of effort (and no small amount of expense if done rapidly). Tbh, fighting Indy units with Hover Tanks was a lot of fun, for a while. The thrill wears off quickly, especially when the player realizes that they can get more battles in GBG using same-age units instead of advanced units. Only 4 Hovers are available to early age players and, no matter who they are attacking, if they get hit they still take damage. Unless I was healing them with diamonds (which I didn't do) I was only able to get in about 30 battles before needing to retreat. When I moved up to FE I was able to far surpass this number of battles using Hovers that my Traz provided. In my secondary city I use OF units in all battles but I don't do a lot of fighting there. Otherwise, I'd advance that city to FE also. The point is, having advanced units isn't necessarily as big a deal as some may think.

honey55

Looks like they really are trying some thing new in gbg on beta. But only limiting attrition to 80. Looks kind of exciting to me. Hope it works and comes live.

Ebeondi Asi

Here is the announcement..
Also attrition calculating will be changed to allow higher attrition.. Plus takes more fights for every sector..