• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is it possible to jump ages without technology?

• Thread starter DeletedUser40236
  • Start date

DeletedUser40236

I'm in Iron Age. I'm currently doing quests that are for the EMA. I keep getting daily quests that tell me to "Acquire X amount of sectors". I'm terrified of doing that as I don't want to accidentally advance my recurring quests into EMA.

So, I guess my question is this: If there is a point, at what point will my RQ's advance to EMA? Can I safely do the map and go very deep into EMA story quests/bonus quests?

If it matters, I'm currently at...
Story: The Curse Strikes Again
Bonus: Deeper Into the Mountains

DeletedUser36624

What age you are in is entirely based on the farthest point you have gotten on the tech tree. You won't advance to EMA until you research an EMA tech.

Your RQ's (along with a huge amount of other stuff) are entirely based on what age you are in. Once you advance to EMA, whatever IA RQ is in your slot at the time is the last one you'll be able to do, once aborted or completed, you will most likely get EMA side quests (which can then be aborted or completed to get back to RQ's).

DeletedUser40236

What age you are in is entirely based on the farthest point you have gotten on the tech tree. You won't advance to EMA until you research an EMA tech.

Your RQ's (along with a huge amount of other stuff) are entirely based on what age you are in. Once you advance to EMA, whatever IA RQ is in your slot at the time is the last one you'll be able to do, once aborted or completed, you will most likely get EMA side quests (which can then be aborted or completed to get back to RQ's).

Thanks. I've just read a lot of people saying they advanced too far on the map and it forced a bonus quest on them which reset their RQ's, thereby forcing them into higher age RQ's despite being in a lower age.

... Or it was something like that.

DeletedUser29726

Thanks. I've just read a lot of people saying they advanced too far on the map and it forced a bonus quest on them which reset their RQ's, thereby forcing them into higher age RQ's despite being in a lower age.

If you get to the industrial age map it's possible to start a bonus line that will block your RQ slot and can't be cleared til you hit industrial age. It's also possible to avoid this fate by not taking Las Penas (only garrincton is needed to proceed to the progressive map).

The barbarian bonus line in EMA comes with its own quest slot (that'll leave when you complete it).
The LMA bonus line can't be started til LMA and comes with its own quest slot (that'll turn into a 2nd RQ slot once completed).

DeletedUser36624

I'm sure they were talking about the Las Penas/Garrincton situation that @xivarmy talked about above. It doesn't reset your RQ's to a new age, but the bonus quests will take one of the RQ slots (you will still have one). In order to get the RQ slot back, you will have to finish the bonus quest line, which will require advancing in age, but doing that and when is up to you, you don't suddenly get sprung into a new age. Like @xivarmy said, you can avoid the bonus questline by not taking Las Penas.

Snarko

I'm in Iron Age. I'm currently doing quests that are for the EMA. I keep getting daily quests that tell me to "Acquire X amount of sectors". I'm terrified of doing that as I don't want to accidentally advance my recurring quests into EMA.s
This only happens if you have scouted provinces. You should only scout provinces if you really want to (advancing in age, event forcing you to etc) to avoid getting asked for sectors in daily challenges.