• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is Majarjas Palace Set still Worth it?

CommanderCool1234

I acually have two questions:

1. Is it worth it to have a 1 or 2 majarjas palace sets if you are in LMA?

2. If you are in SAAB is having this many sets worth it?

Screenshot 2020-11-28 at 1.07.57 AM.png
He has a lot more but it would not allow me to take a bigger photo.

wolfhoundtoo

Any such question is always going to vary based on what you want to get out of your city and what you have to replace whatever you have currently in your city. So are there better choices? Maybe but the question is does that player have those buildings to place in their city? If I recall correctly the goods and fps rewards for that set doesn't change by age so from that perspective there isn't any difference between an LMA one and a SAAB one.

Also the layout of the sets would make a difference since someone with that many is probably doubling up some of the buildings so they get the set advantages without needing a complete set for all of the sets (you can use one building twice in two sets so you only need 1 of a particular type of building to complete two sets).

Last edited:
I completely agree with everything wolfhound too says above and will simply add that with the introduction of many of the newer event buildings the size to benefit ratio with the older ones, such as this set, can lose efficacy when building with a certain style of play in mind. If you are simply building to build and are looking to have one of everything, then yes, everything is worth it if its worth it to you. This set may not be the most efficient set out there, but it may be one of the easier ones to assemble all of the pieces, which might make it worth setting and getting the benefit from until you decide to obtain other buildings that fit your style of play.
Anyway, despite the strong opinion that might follow; its all about what you want out of the game, period.

Woody*

There are better ways (easier, more efficient) to get everything that set gives you. The answer depends on whether you have those in your inventory, or whether you can get them from your Chateau, GE, BG, events, and/or the Antique Dealer, etc.

When it came out, the set was decent for FPs and goods. Some players also benefitted from more happiness, too. But the coins, supplies and medals were probably a non-factor for most. Over the past year, many events had better options for Goods and FPs: Olympic Treasury, Celtic Forest set, level 2 Cherry sets, Mikawa Bridges, Governor's Villa, House of Horrors, etc. Some of those also gave a mil boost that is even more valuable than the goods & FPs if you fight a lot.

CommanderCool1234

If I recall correctly the goods and fps rewards for that set doesn't change by age so from that perspective there isn't any difference between an LMA one and a SAAB one.
Yes, but someone is SAAB could probally put better stuff in that space. In my city however it is only two sets that share two of the same buildings and don't take up to much space in my city.

CommanderCool1234

There are better ways (easier, more efficient) to get everything that set gives you. The answer depends on whether you have those in your inventory, or whether you can get them from your Chateau, GE, BG, events, and/or the Antique Dealer, etc.

Yes that is completely true.

When it came out, the set was decent for FPs and goods. Some players also benefitted from more happiness, too. But the coins, supplies and medals were probably a non-factor for most. Over the past year, many events had better options for Goods and FPs: Olympic Treasury, Celtic Forest set, level 2 Cherry sets, Mikawa Bridges, Governor's Villa, House of Horrors, etc. Some of those also gave a mil boost that is even more valuable than the goods & FPs if you fight a lot.
Yes I am aware that buildings have become better even to the point were majarjas palace may not be worth it.

wolfhoundtoo

Yes that is completely true.

Yes I am aware that buildings have become better even to the point were majarjas palace may not be worth it.

But that player spent diamonds to get those buildings. Perhaps they don't want to spend any more diamonds or simply feel like they want to get their diamonds worth and so need to keep them. Perhaps they just don't feel like redesigning their city or they don't play much. Some players come back for new ages, some will come back periodically and some keep playing continuously but don't play all that much. It could be a secondary city now or they have what they want to get out of the city and don't need any of the new buildings. If they generate enough goods for their use the player may not see the point of redesigning or doing the events. Lots of potential reasons but if you are really curious about that player message them politely. Perhaps they'll explain.

Your question seemed (to me anyway) that you were asking about whether the set was worth placing in a city and not about what was actually the case. Yes lots of time since that set and their are better buildings and sets now but you still need to have those buildings.

wolfhoundtoo

I read a comment recently that said multiple full palace sets multiply the bonus... I think.

Wow -- that's a lot!

There isn't any extra bonus to extra sets but you do get the full set bonus for each set. Also you can get the full bonus without 2 complete sets if you place the buildings carefully and double up the use of a building or two. There's still videos out there that show you how to place that set to maximize the rewards versus the city place.

wolfhoundtoo

Not likely. But you just proved my point which was what's best is based on your needs and what you have or can get with the resources you have available to you.

Mustapha00

This set seems to be one of the most common possible rewards from any number of sources.

I've seen both specific pieces and selection kits offered by the AD, both as "buy it now" and auctions, but I've also seen the various pieces offered pretty frequently as Daily Challenge rewards. Sure, the central structure has only a 5% chance, but 5% beats nothing, right?

Earl Grayvase nailed it: it's not the best to get, but it might be the easiest to get.

BruteForceAttack

I acually have two questions:

1. Is it worth it to have a 1 or 2 majarjas palace sets if you are in LMA?

2. If you are in SAAB is having this many sets worth it?

View attachment 17506
He has a lot more but it would not allow me to take a bigger photo.

There are too many variables, one of the main reason maybe they are of the age for which goods are in demand. e.g. maybe FE... Even if they were SaaB, when the new age comes up...he will have easy access to make ton of goods from day one.