• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is the Gem Shard Quest Feasible?

RyanJK6

Getting 5 gem shards a day for 20 days seems incredibly difficult without diamonds, and it seems like the only way to get a max level ferris wheel would require getting the two upgrade rewards from the calendar. Am I missing something here?

Chompman

The 5 gem shards you are thinking of are used it make up for a full gem you missed one of the days.

The first gem shard you find each day is a full gem and you can get one a day for each day of the event and if you can do this you won't need to get the normal shards at all.

Also you can get more from daily challenges to help out.

Otherwise if you look on the wiki for the event you will see that the full chest reward is not needed to complete just one ferris wheel especially if you have the box from the previous event plus do all the quests.

RyanJK6

The 5 gem shards you are thinking of are used it make up for a full gem you missed one of the days.

The first gem shard you find each day is a full gem and you can get one a day for each day of the event and if you can do this you won't need to get the normal shards at all.

Also you can get more from daily challenges to help out.

Otherwise if you look on the wiki for the event you will see that the full chest reward is not needed to complete just one ferris wheel especially if you have the box from the previous event plus do all the quests.
Oh, alright. What wiki page is it on?

time4coffee

The trick is finding a gem a day. I'll fallen enough behind already that even with the daily quest giving one shard a day (5 shards = 1 missing gem) I'll never catch up without diamonds and my RL pocketbook can't afford more diamonds

CDmark

Here is what I told my guildmates when they asked me
The problem, you need to keep doing the event to get the daily gem then it is shards. Daily challenges have a shard, takes 5 to make a gem. There is a total of 20 shards from daily challenges, 5 gems, maximum. But, realistically, maybe 3 gems you get. So that is 3 days you can miss. Then you have to play the event and do some digging everyday. Many times in events, players like to wait for those couple daily specials they like and spend most or even all their event currency. Now, you need to use some tools everyday to get the gem. Now we can try for a random alternate daily special, nice addition to the game. But going for the daily gem, it is very likely you will uncover vases. Then you have to time those vases for a daily special you want. So, I see too many things that have to fall into place hence I think it will lead to spending diamonds for the chest. I think they improved it from the winter event calendar but it needs a bit more to be possible to do without diamonds. Maybe give shards as an incident reward? It would help. 100 diamonds per shard, hmm, cant tell you how many you may need to buy.
Right now, my player has 2 vases to collect and the alternate daily special is the tactician tower. I dont want a tactician tower so if I move, those vases get auto collected. If the daily special hits, I just got something I dont want. I am gonna stick with the regular way I play this event, hopefully I get all the tablets, the additional tools and most of the time, I should get the full event building. I didnt look at that yet, what it takes to get the fully leveled wheel, I will today.