• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Is the St. Mark's Basilica obsolete when you have no houses?

DeletedUser35980

Someone recommended that I build the St. Mark's Basilica. However, I am collecting BPs to build an Innovation Tower. My goal is to get rid of my houses and free up space.

My question is: Does the St. Mark's Basilica become obsolete once you build the Innovation Tower? Or is the boost still useful towards other buildings?

I don't want to use space and resources to build a GB that will not be useful for long.

mamboking053

Not necessarily. If you have significant coin production from other places like a bunch of SoZ's (Shrines of Knowledge), event buildings, etc., then it's still valuable.

The best way to know is to look at your city, determine how many coins you produce without houses after the SMB coin-multiplier is applied, and decide if this is an acceptable amount of coin production for you. If you don't have that much now, but plan on having it in the near future, you'll then decide if you willing to build the GB and wait on it, or hold of until building the GB until it actually becomes a valuable add to your city.

DeletedUser36020

I decided it was. At just level two it more than doubles the coin production from my event buildings and soks, but on top of that it also gives like 90 goods a week. Particularly for me, who runs a RQ town, that doubled coin production is very helpful, so I can easily keep my coin production up with my supply production for UBQs, even without any houses. Its footprint is pretty big, but when you consider the extra coins it adds, you get more coins than if you had to add a few residentials in that same area.

ODragon

My question is: Does the St. Mark's Basilica become obsolete once you build the Innovation Tower? Or is the boost still useful towards other buildings?

I don't believe so. I have about 60 coin producing buildings who all benefit from the SMB. This means I can do a decent amount of RQ more than if I didn't have it.

DeletedUser31440

Someone recommended that I build the St. Mark's Basilica. However, I am collecting BPs to build an Innovation Tower. My goal is to get rid of my houses and free up space.

I don't want to use space and resources to build a GB that will not be useful for long.

I would not build an Inno before you already have a SMB up and running, others may disagree though. When you get rid of your houses for Inno you'll need event buildings, SoK's, SSW's, and other special buildings to supply your coins. Those are initially harder to come by, you will overtime accrue quite a few of them, but it could take some time making the SMB very useful. Even after you have more than enough special buildings the extra coins can always be converted over to fp's so it'll hold value.

Mustapha00

Perhaps it makes an SMB somewhat less valuable, but I'd not say that it makes it useless. As others have said, there are plenty of other buildings (with more being introduced all the time via Event rewards and such) that will benefit from the SMB coin boost.

DeletedUser31540

I remember having the same concern when i built inno and razed my houses — turns out SMB gets even better after you delete your houses (as long as you have 40+ coin producing buildings ... SoK and such ... )

Mustapha00

I remember having the same concern when i built inno and razed my houses — turns out SMB gets even better after you delete your houses (as long as you have 40+ coin producing buildings ... SoK and such ... )

Y'know, it's interesting....

I've judt hit Arctic Future in a couple of worlds (yeah, I'm slow like that) and I noticed that the RQ require 1.5m supplies to complete but only 1m coin to complete...and coin is MUCH easier to produce than is supplies.

Should I have said that out loud?

Agent327

Y'know, it's interesting....

I've judt hit Arctic Future in a couple of worlds (yeah, I'm slow like that) and I noticed that the RQ require 1.5m supplies to complete but only 1m coin to complete...and coin is MUCH easier to produce than is supplies.

Should I have said that out loud?

Do you think you are the first to notice?

DeletedUser35980

Thank you for taking the time to give me advice Everyone!

DeletedUser31592

I deleted my SMB. After getting rid of houses, after a few months, I had to rebuild it. I eventually ran out of my large reserve. (too many Unbirthday Quests)