• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is there a reason Terrace Farms can't receive the aid buff that prevents pillage

Tharkunn

I mean other then the obvious need to feed the trolls -aka- life time lurkers that park in a level and get super buffed with GB's above their level so they can enjoy raining on peoples days.
At first the 'Terracotta Vineyard did not receive it as a random buff from friends or guildies but one could apply it as a self aid. Now it does receive it from others. But the Terrace farms don't receive it as a random buff nor can we apply it from a self aid kit.

r21r

lost you, you mean "why" Terrace Farms are not motivated , or they should be in your oppinion ?
Terracotta Vineyard, has low priority with result to get motivated last within the rest buildings.
there is somewhere a motivation list priority, but no idea where that is

Kranyar the Mysterious

Any special production building (any production building that can produce something other than coins or supplies as one or more of it's options) where you select the production time and type cannot be motivated, and can therefore be plundered if not collected

Lord Pest

If I scratched my head every time I got coins or medals when plundering a terrace farm I’d have a hole in the head by now.

Emberguard

The following can't be Aided:

Goods buildings
Sets (excluding the Harvest Barn and Winter sets that had fully upgradable buildings)
Special production buildings (6 option buildings with stuff that aren't supplies)

Crows Nest (plunder immune anyway)
Statue of Honor (plunder immune)
Great Buildings (plunder Immune)
Military buildings (plunder Immune)
Town Hall (plunder Immune)

Johnny B. Goode

At first the 'Terracotta Vineyard did not receive it as a random buff from friends or guildies but one could apply it as a self aid. Now it does receive it from others.
The Terracotta Vineyard has always been eligible to be motivated by other players. If yours wasn't for any period of time, it was a result of random choice when other players aided you, along with the previously mentioned fact that it is low on the priority list for aiding.

Tharkunn

Yeah, I apparently did not mention it here but I always wondered if the vineyard not being aided except by me was because it was not on the list to be aided or if just bad luck. Though it has been getting aided by others ever since a .... what do they call it. Patch of some kind.

Which brings me to a post I have long thought of making. FoE should make a way we can set the priorities for what gets aided first in our cities ourselves.
I used to love the little decorations, the trees and bushes and flag poles what not. Until I realized these all get aided first. They were lovely trees. Looked liked christmas with all the trees having a little star on top. But that little star was keeping much more important buildings and items from getting aided. So I ditched all the 1x1 and 2x2 decorations.

Which brings me back to the beginning. I think we should be able to apply the 'aid' kit to any object we wish too. No idea if they have these buildings set to not be aided because they are designed to not get the 'aid buff' that is any production benefit from the buff. But one of the first lessons this game teaches is the use of the self aid kit to prevent plunder. So in keeping with that we should be able to use it on any building we want for that lone benifit.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Yeah, I apparently did not mention it here but I always wondered if the vineyard not being aided except by me was because it was not on the list to be aided or if just bad luck. Though it has been getting aided by others ever since a .... what do they call it. Patch of some kind.
No, there was no patch involving motivation of buildings. It was just the RNG working as intended.

FoE should make a way we can set the priorities for what gets aided first in our cities ourselves.
This is on the "Do Not Suggest List" for Ideas, so don't hold your breath.

I used to love the little decorations, the trees and bushes and flag poles what not. Until I realized these all get aided first
No, they don't. There is an Aid priority list and decos are not at the top.

Which brings me back to the beginning. I think we should be able to apply the 'aid' kit to any object we wish too. No idea if they have these buildings set to not be aided because they are designed to not get the 'aid buff' that is any production benefit from the buff. But one of the first lessons this game teaches is the use of the self aid kit to prevent plunder. So in keeping with that we should be able to use it on any
So much wrong with this paragraph. You should NOT be able to apply a Self Aid Kit to buildings that can't be aided by others, what sense would that make? And the "game" NEVER "teaches" anything regarding the Self Aid Kit in relation to plundering. It's something everyone has to figure out for themselves.