• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] IS THERE A TOOL FOR CITY REARRANGEMENT?

DeletedUser40786

Does anyone know of a tool that rearranges your city to be more efficient?

Arya66

There's the Reconstruction tab that is unlocked in Iron Age after researching Mathematics... is that what you mean, or do you want a city planner?

DeletedUser

Does anyone know of a tool that rearranges your city to be more efficient?
Reconstruction Mode, available through the Build menu after unlocking it in the tech tree, will make it easier to rearrange your city, but this is a city building strategy game so having a tool that does it for you would be rather counter-productive to the game's point.

DeletedUser

Sorry, I did mean city planner, not rearranger.
There is currently no Inno-approved city planner that I am aware of. And if someone posted about a non-Inno-approved website, I would have to delete the reference.

DeletedUser29726

Fastest option is usually to use a spreadsheet. Excel or free options LibreOffice or Google Sheets. Just shrink the columns so the cells are more or less square, black out the portions around the edges and make various sizes/colors of shapes that you can copy and paste around :)

dergerch

There is currently no Inno-approved city planner that I am aware of.
And I'm still wondering why Inno started to boycott what was a very useful tool - the reconstruction mode just is not the same as it is not useful if you just want to quickly try different ideas before using reconstruction mode to make it happen.
Reconstructing a large-ish city from scratch building-by-building isn't much fun (and somewhat error prone, given the multitude of (event)buildings we now have, compared to 3-4 years or so ago...)