• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I've made it to Artic Future

Dexter Knight

I've been playing this game for about 6 months and have been happy with the progression timeframe but now that I have made it here, it's like the developers built this whole Artic Harbor and Promethium resource as a way to significantly throttle back progression. I have been stuck here for what seems like 3-4 weeks now trying to send my ship out for Promethium getting 50-70 at a time and taking over provinces to gather it. I can't unlock certain research blocks without it or spending 23000 diamonds (which is like $150 dollars lol) or a ton of Promethium while my other resources just stack up for no reason really. This forced stall is making me reconsider if its my strategy or if it's time for me to just walk away. Anyone have any tips, experienced the same thing? Without being able to advance in the game as quickly as before, the daily tasks are starting to feel kind of monotonous since I can't unlock new buildings and do any "city building" if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

This is a long time saying in this game, but it applies here. Don't rush the ages. Taking only 6 months to get all the way to AF is too short a time to have developed a city to the degree needed for that age. For example, before you get to AF you should have sufficient event buildings, and the necessary One Up and Renovation Kits to upgrade them to AF, to provide immediate AF goods production upon entering the age. Then you would be able to immediately produce sufficient AF goods to keep the Arctic Harbor going constantly. If you're relying on Build menu buildings that you have to unlock for AF goods, then you'll be in the situation that you're in now. And if you're stuck now, you're going to hate Oceanic Future unless you take the time in AF to prepare for it. It has another "Special Good" called Orichalcum, which will slow you down even more because you need more of it to advance through the tech tree than you're needing with Promethium in AF.

Dexter Knight

This is a long time saying in this game, but it applies here. Don't rush the ages. Taking only 6 months to get all the way to AF is too short a time to have developed a city to the degree needed for that age. For example, before you get to AF you should have sufficient event buildings, and the necessary One Up and Renovation Kits to upgrade them to AF, to provide immediate AF goods production upon entering the age. Then you would be able to immediately produce sufficient AF goods to keep the Arctic Harbor going constantly. If you're relying on Build menu buildings that you have to unlock for AF goods, then you'll be in the situation that you're in now. And if you're stuck now, you're going to hate Oceanic Future unless you take the time in AF to prepare for it. It has another "Special Good" called Orichalcum, which will slow you down even more because you need more of it to advance through the tech tree than you're needing with Promethium in AF.

Thanks for your reply and understood. I have event buildings and supporting buildings producing fragments of 1 up kits & renovation kits. All my event buildings are upgraded to AF and I am building out ranking up my great buildings. I produce about 500 forge points a day. I guess i need to refocus a bit as I have like 1000+ of each AF goods but barely any Prothemium being produced.

Sharmon the Impaler

Thanks for your reply and understood. I have event buildings and supporting buildings producing fragments of 1 up kits & renovation kits. All my event buildings are upgraded to AF and I am building out ranking up my great buildings. I produce about 500 forge points a day. I guess i need to refocus a bit as I have like 1000+ of each AF goods but barely any Prothemium being produced.
You have already done the AF continental map haven't you ? You should have a fair bit of Promethium from that.

PJS299

In Indy I was producing over 1000 FP a day and had about 15000 of each good before aging up.

Haven't been in AF ever, so not sure if it's good to camp in or not, but like people said above, definitely slow down. There's no hurry to get to the highest age. Take your time and enjoy the game. Make sure you are producing lots of each good and many FP/day.

And definitely build the Space Carrier and A.I. Core! I know people who built them, leveled them to around 50, and then deleted them and re-leveled them multiple times in just one age!

Emberguard

Keep in mind the Arctic Harbor and Oceanic Terminal are permanent structures. You can keep producing Promethium and Orichalcum as you Age up through the Space Ages if you want to move on instead of stocking up for the entire techtree ahead of time. You might want to check how much is needed for the immediate next Age before moving on, but no need to stock everything for the end of Titan when it's so far away

Just make sure you either have a bunch of regular goods in inventory, or a couple buildings continuing to produce Arctic/oceanic Goods.

You could have the Aztec Sun Temple in Oceanic Future and a Celestrial Stage of Ages in Mars. Those two buildings would sufficiently cover your consumption of Arctic Future and Oceanic Future goods for Special Goods production.

The one thing you want to keep on top of is the map. Because you'll need that for Special Goods production once you're in Mars.

Emberguard

Oh and here's a simplified list of goods cost for how much you'd consume across the entire technology tree. This would be per good. So whatever number it says you'd multiply for all 5 regular goods of that age.
  • Bronze Age: 175
  • Iron Age: 256
  • Early Middle Age: 354
  • High Middle Age: 421
  • Late Middle Age: 660
  • Colonial Age: 690

• Industrial Age: 1,000
  • Progressive Era: 1,400
  • Modern Era: 1,600
  • Post-Modern: 1,800
  • Contemporary: 2,000
  • Tomorrow: 1,635

• Future: 1,750
  • Arctic Future: 1,220

• Promethium: 24,850

• Oceanic Future:3,770

• Orichalcum: 21,650

• Virtual Future: 2,395

• Mars: 10,000

• Mars Ore: 21,850

• Asteroid Belt:13,500

• Asteroid Ice: 22,150

• Venus:14,000

• Venus Carbon: 23,045

• Jupiter:16,925

• Unknown DNA: 13,950

• Titan:12,200

• Crystallized Hydrocarbons: 11,650

Last edited:
500 FP/day is very low for AF. In AF I would guess most players are at least well over 1,000 and many over 2,000. With AI Core and Space Carrier at least in the high 80s your promethium production could and should be around 200 per day instead of 50-70. 1000 each of your current age goods is also very low. I think most people long before they are in AF have at least 10k of their current age goods at a minimum and wait until they have at least 10k of the next age goods before aging up. It's possible to race through ages in a hurry, but people who do it usually end up advancing beyond their capabilities and eventually find themselves frustrated by not being able to do what they need to do at the age they're in.

In Indy I was producing over 1000 FP a day and had about 15000 of each good before aging up.

Haven't been in AF ever, so not sure if it's good to camp in or not, but like people said above, definitely slow down. There's no hurry to get to the highest age. Take your time and enjoy the game. Make sure you are producing lots of each good and many FP/day.

And definitely build the Space Carrier and A.I. Core! I know people who built them, leveled them to around 50, and then deleted them and re-leveled them multiple times in just one age!
I started a new world 17 months ago and I am now ready to start Jupiter. I have not built either Space Carrier or A.I. Core and I have had no big problems moving age to age. I am producing over 1000 FE points per day and have been successful in getting the necessary goods on a continuing basis, much of that thanks to buildings I have built that give me a good portion of both. Of course, I do have Observatory and the ARC that have helped. Why would I need to build A.I Core and Space carrier under these conditions?

PJS299

I started a new world 17 months ago and I am now ready to start Jupiter. I have not built either Space Carrier or A.I. Core and I have had no big problems moving age to age. I am producing over 1000 FE points per day and have been successful in getting the necessary goods on a continuing basis, much of that thanks to buildings I have built that give me a good portion of both. Of course, I do have Observatory and the ARC that have helped. Why would I need to build A.I Core and Space carrier under these conditions?
How much money have you spent on the game? ;)

For a F2P player, AiC and SC help a lot with special goods. They make going through those ages a lot easier.

Emberguard

I have not built either Space Carrier or A.I. Core and I have had no big problems moving age to age.

The only reason I ever built AI Core was for the Guild Treasury Goods. It's nice to have sure, but I wouldn't have missed it at all in regards to Special Goods if I never built it.

Space Carrier is primarily a Promethium producer. Personally I'd never build it for Special Goods production. Especially if you're intending to overproduce while you're in the Age a Special Good is introduced in. If they had reversed the pattern on how the building is coded it'd have been far more valuable than it is now

The Arctic Harbor is a permanent structure, you don't need to worry about continuing to produce Promethium through Space Carrier as long as you either have a stock of regular Arctic Future Goods or something producing goods in the city production. Same thing with Oceanic Terminal. It's a permanent structure. You don't need to worry about producing through Space Carrier.

If you do a lot of Negotiations then sure, then Space Carrier might make sense to build. It's got a almost identical output to a Himeji Castle

Last edited:

Ironrooster

AF (and OF) are a slog. Always pick the crew with the biggest Promethium boost

There are a couple of harbor upgrades which increase production.

But progress through the ages/eras does get slower after Future. AF and OF are the worst, but the others also take more time than the the Pre-AF ages. It's just part of the game.

Keep Progressing on the Campaign map, From Mars on you need to mine some of the Provinces for special goods.