• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Jaeger units not hiding in GE level 5

MungSu

I just did an attack (defense?) in GE level 5 and the opponent was all ranged unites - riflemen, howitzers and breech loaders. I moved my jaegers to forests spots and they were attacked and hit by the ranged units. Aren't jaegers supposed to be hidden? Do unit skills not apply when on defense?

MungSu

After playing around with attacks, I guess it's only artillery that jaegers hide from. It's been so long since I've done a manual fight that I've forgotten how all the unit work. :)

Orius Maximus

The howitzers can still hit them, but they should have been able to hide from the others.

Are you playing on browser or mobile? The tile terrain can sometimes be a bit deceptive, and you can't mouse over them in mobile to double check. I've lost count of the times I've moved on to what looks like forest terrain when it isn't.

matr

jaegers hide from rifleman & breech loader, howitzer ignores the stealth effect, Lancer (fast horse guy) has a range of one so still hits Jaegers. Even though Jaeger can't hide from some unit types you still get the defense bonus for being in the bush or forest.

jaegers and rifleman look the same on the board. Can they make em a little different?. Don;t stay in industrial long the indian units are lousy. I have special buildings that make units. I don't want all them indians. The jeep is way better at being a cav than the horse.