• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Just Curious

Super Catanian

We are show enemy units u=in all fights except neighbors, Why are we not shown those?
To keep some mystery about them. If a player like myself were to know in advance what the enemy had as their defending army, I would be able to carefully select the perfect army to counter it, resulting in a greater disadvantage to the neighbor. Which means I am more likely to plunder them, meaning more new members coming to the Forums to bitch about being plundered. What those people don't know is that the big plunderers receive great joy from the crymail of those people. Are we evil? Maybe. But we don't let others boss us around that easily.

Please don't be one of those salty plunder victims, and welcome to the Forums!

Witold17

It is very rare that a defending army can win, so it does not make sense to invest in defending. It looks like the war game was rigged against the defending side on purpose. The developers should put some minimum of intelligence into the defending army. The problem sis that the defending army is shooting at the assassins first, and any player, even the silliest one, knows to do the opposite. I have raised it several time - to no effect.

Agent327

It is very rare that a defending army can win, so it does not make sense to invest in defending. It looks like the war game was rigged against the defending side on purpose. The developers should put some minimum of intelligence into the defending army. The problem sis that the defending army is shooting at the assassins first, and any player, even the silliest one, knows to do the opposite. I have raised it several time - to no effect.

There are no assasins in the game. They are called rogues.

Defending armies can win. Sometimes you do not even need to win. Opponents retreat to avoid to much damage.

Mustapha00

Defending armies can win. Sometimes you do not even need to win. Opponents retreat to avoid to much damage.

The odds of a defending army actually defeating an attacking army is perhaps 5%. Not very encouraging odds.

If an opponent retreats to avoid damage, they're probably using Attached Units. Once they have a reasonably leveled Alcatraz and generates massive numbers of Unattached Units, that no longer is an issue.

I wish the players offering apologia for aggressive players would just be honest for a change.

Jern2017

I disagree. While I concur the attacker has an advantage due to the defending army's AI, your comment about the defending army rarely succeeding is only true when the defending army has a low attack boost.

The debate on whether or not developing your city's defense should be done is a whole different thing and I have no interest in having this discussion again, but it is certainly possible to successfully defend your city IF you are willing to dedicate space and resources on doing so.

Attachments

• 20200608_001731.jpg
    20200608_001731.jpg
    539.9 KB · Views: 8