• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Just starting, hello!

DeletedUser

Hey All,

I'm a former player of [other online game] and heard about Forge of Empires. Game seems solid so far but I'm just barely started so I hope I move along quickly. I do not intend to spend money on the game, however. It's fun stuff, check it out sometime if you'd like.

I wanted to make a post and introduce myself and see how the community is here. I also had some easy questions:

1) Any n00b tips?
2) How do you like the game and how long have you been playing?
3) Can I earn Diamonds without spending real life cash?

Thanks all and here's hoping I keep playing! Loving it thus far and can't wait to actually play more. Real early as I said right now...

Later!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6490

M/P your hood / guild as much as you can..... get GB's ....... spend your forge points on your tech tree.......fught your hood when you are able...... join a guild if you like...

can can earn diamonds with some quests

DeletedUser10076

if you are on bisguard feel free to shoot me a message and I'll invite you to my guild good bunch

basic tips:
get full list of friends and decent guild and m/p them everyday you'll get gb faster that way
if you choose to pvp don't show any mercy plunder the best building(goods) every chance you get.
do everything you can to get expansions as fast as you can
if you are not going to be a diamond player save up the diamonds you get here and there to buy expansions everything can be earned in time

good luck and have fun.

DeletedUser12063

Hey All,

I'm a former player of [other online game] and heard about Forge of Empires. Game seems solid so far but I'm just barely started so I hope I move along quickly. I do not intend to spend money on the game, however. It's fun stuff, check it out sometime if you'd like.

I wanted to make a post and introduce myself and see how the community is here. I also had some easy questions:

1) Any n00b tips?
2) How do you like the game and how long have you been playing?
3) Can I earn Diamonds without spending real life cash?

Thanks all and here's hoping I keep playing! Loving it thus far and can't wait to actually play more. Real early as I said right now...

Later!

I agree with the advice already given. You can't pick your neighbors, but you can pick your guild and friends. You want to find people who are playing against the game and not other players and MP them in bulk every 24 hours. Your people need to MP for the most profit and you need to avoid people who will do so in meaningless ways, like Ping when it's not needed or profitable to you. If a person request polishing, then polish, because they have built excess population and need it. My point is maximize your daily MPing and do it in a way that benefits you and the other person the most. It's a very important strategy of the game.

DeletedUser8944

Like the last post keep the things that can be polished in your town to a minimum and a motivated building will help you more, use the big cultural building when you can. Build only boosted good, you get the boost from the continent map and DO NOT negotiate always fight as you get points for fighting and no points for negotiating. Do not be afraid to slow tech down to focus solely on getting a Great Building by donating to someones Great Building. Slowing down will also help you build Coin and Supply as you will run low if you dont. Good Great Buildings to get are attack GB Zeus, Cathedral of Aachen, and Castel Del Monte, Coin/Supply GB Lighthouse of Alexandria, Royal Albert Hall, St. Marks, then when you get far enough Alcatraz helps with attacking people. Most importantly collect your goods ON TIME!!!!!! So you don't get plundered, as it will happen