• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

lag for 2 days now

Dursland

I thought it was a 'me' issue but others that also play on Desktop in guild have complained of it as well.

Apparently they introduced some new js to the game and seems it is causing lag - especially in GBG battles but even collections are taking a few seconds.

If anyone else is experiencing this please file a support ticket. I already did and they said they'd pass it along.

It will become a more urgent issue for the devs to fix if lots of people are filing tickets about it so I encourage you to, thank you.

Dursland

Nobody else is experiencing this? It's really bad, I normally get 40 battles on a sector - just now I only got 13 because of the lag when opening troops, lag when switching troops, lag when battle results load, lag when clicking sector again. It's terrible and all adds up.

Dursland

Sadly if it's not fixed soon I'll be jumping on the "quitting" bandwagon. I can accept changes to the game and adjust, but that's only if I can actually play the game in the first place. You can't really with this lag.

Ebeondi Asi

Afew years ago I gradually developed a problem that made it nearly impossible to play GbG. I railed at Inno several timesfix it.. Wellafter I did a diagnostic Microsoft check it turned out my modem has a flaw. When I called the internet povider they checked th modem and said yes it is your modem ... rtade it in for a new one. Nothing else was wrong at all with anytihng. Just GbG. It had something to do with the fast back and forth was able to send, but the return was delayed. Once I got a new modem all was good again. So that made me realize that problem I was blaming on Inno was mine. Mine.

Dursland

At first I thought it was me too but others in guild and in our GBG coop thread are complaining of the same thing, and for them it started in a similar timeframe - within the last few days, which coincides with the latest javascript additions they made to the game.

Everything else is beautiful. In fact my internet is faster today than usual - websites load in the blink of an eye instead of scroll-loading like they sometimes do on my 2mbps internet. It's just FoE.

I have switched to Chrome and it seems to be the same there.

The Lady Redneck

Am using Firefox and I do get lag in GBG when a new season first opens and the servers are overloaded, and the occasional internal error in GvG. But because of such problems that affected only this game I have my system set to clear all the junk every night when I switch off. So it is never that bad.
But the modem you have can make a big difference. We recently changed our ISP. And the modem we got from them has really mde a huge difference.

RexJr

Hi, from Rugnir here, the lag we see the most is at 8am gbg opening, its horrible, takes up to 30 seconds between battles, ive writen to Inno and suggested they up their resources (everybody on the server is complaining about it) or stagger start times for the maps.

They chose to stagger the start times, and at first it seemed to have worked,... well for the first 2 minutes, and then back to lag.

So hoping this unit change will fix it, but im not holding my breath, will check in next week thursday.

Is any other server seeing this?

Pericles the Lion

Yeah, there was the usual lag this morning when GBG opened up. Staggering the starts has helped a bit but the lag remains but it disappears quickly after the initial GBG action fades.

Minigal

I'm on Jaims (US server). The lag was awful! Their "fix" didn't really do anything. Maybe for a minute or 2, if your group is the first to start. We had to wait 5 minutes to start and could hardly fight, it was soooooo slow.