• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Land Expansions

Queen53

If you complete all of the land that it shows by victory expansions but you still have some on the map or in the research, does more become available? The darken area is were I believe it would be that you can expand. What if it is used up?

DeletedUser4844

They made the dark area large enough so that if you got all the possible land expansions in the game (continent map, research, diamonds, and medals) it still wouldn't be used up. I suspect if it could be used up with the addition of a new age they will add more dark area to the city map, as they have done this once before.

DeletedUser17462

Roughly how much is left over currently once you've gotten all the available expansions?

Queen53

Thanks for your answer. I was hoping this would happen. I sent a friend request in C world. I am in 5 total.

DeletedUser4844

Well, typically, with each era, 2 new medal expansions become available, 2 diamond expansions always become available, usually 2 new expansions from research and usually 2 new expansions from provinces on the continent map to conquer. So each new age usually gives access to 8 new expansions. They currently have room for 2 more such ages, and then with the third new age they would need to expand the city map.

Mind you, they may not intend to have that many new ages in the game anyway. A while back they said they wouldn't go beyond the current level of tech, so the Tomorrow era is already one age beyond what they said they would do. WE know that they plan to have at least one more age because of the tech tree. They may not intedn to go beyond that though.

DeletedUser9184

Well, typically, with each era, 2 new medal expansions become available, 2 diamond expansions always become available, usually 2 new expansions from research and usually 2 new expansions from provinces on the continent map to conquer. So each new age usually gives access to 8 new expansions. They currently have room for 2 more such ages, and then with the third new age they would need to expand the city map.

Mind you, they may not intend to have that many new ages in the game anyway. A while back they said they wouldn't go beyond the current level of tech, so the Tomorrow era is already one age beyond what they said they would do. WE know that they plan to have at least one more age because of the tech tree. They may not intedn to go beyond that though.
I would think that we'd get one more age (lowering it to 8 more spaces) and there may be more expansions if we get some more bonus content areas.

DeletedUser1862

I've looked at the areas as possibilities for expansions, areas you might want to expand your city, so the placing is with future planning of the player, not necessarily the programmers.
I've changed where I placed my expansions more than once considering the areas available.

DeletedUser22541

ok ! i know about all but diamond expansion in the sense of how to get them . i have seen diamond expansion but not sure at what point they are available . i'm just into industrial age

DeletedUser4844

ok ! i know about all but diamond expansion in the sense of how to get them . i have seen diamond expansion but not sure at what point they are available . i'm just into industrial age

This post: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...d-Expansions-2-0&p=47682&viewfull=1#post47682

describes all possible expansions and their costs. It does not mention that two new diamond expansions become available in eac h age. So in bronze age the first two are available (200 diamonds, 200 diamonds), in the iron age the first four are available (200, 200, 400, 400), in early middle age the first 6 are available (200, 200, 400, 400, 600, 600), etc. Costs don't keep scaling up, but see the linked page for how costs do go up. You can always buy the expansions available in previous ages, if you haven't yet, and the two new ones available in the current age.

So by industrial you would have available: 2 for bronze, 2 for iron, 2 for early middle, 2 for high middle, 2 for late middle, 2 for colonial, and 2 for industrial, or 14 diamond expansions total, at the following costs: 200, 200, 400, 400, 600, 600, 600, 600, 600, 600, 600, 600, 600, 600.

DawnLight the Just

I have had diamond expansions in all the previous ages I have been in, but I am in LMA right now and there are no diamond expansions (though I did hear they come back in a later age.) But if you look at the tech tree, the number of expansion techs decreases as you get further along. In EMA there are 4, in LMA there are 3, and further on in the tech tree there are only 2 per age. And the same with the continent map. Which is as it was in our history. By the industrial age (in real life) most of the world was known and there was nothing new to discover till you get to outer space or deep in the oceans. The game mimmicks real life.

DeletedUser4844

There are two diamonds expansions every age. They are not associated with the tech tree or anything else, you just go to the icon for placing city expansions and one of the options is to pay with diamonds.

DeletedUser3679

No, there are not diamond expansions available since I have been in LMA. I do know where to go to find them, and they are not there.

As stated above, there are 2 in every age - perhaps you used them early on? If not, the next step would be to contact support.

DeletedUser22541

i did see the choice ! i choose to pay with gold ,thinking that the diamond choice would still be available . so it's a either or , not both . in affect only 6 expansion slots available each age

DeletedUser17462

i did see the choice ! i choose to pay with gold ,thinking that the diamond choice would still be available . so it's a either or , not both . in affect only 6 expansion slots available each age
The ones you get from acquiring provinces and through the tech tree allow you to use gold or diamonds. The diamond expansions are separate and only unlock with diamonds.