• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

last point on a GB

Victoria and Albert

I know this is an old question, but I can't find the specific answer to my question.
Every 3 weeks I get someone in my guild ranting about someone putting the last point in which denies the owner the double dip, for the buildings that produce a time good. Every 3 weeks I send out a message about respecting the players' time and property but mistakes can be made and I would rather see players helping each other than getting pissed about not getting a double dip. If it was a mistake.
What other options are there for eliminating the last point snipe?
I find that I post a message "Stay away from my freaking St Mark's until I am ready to collect" and people know to tread carefully. Are there any other options?
I heard that if you block the roads leading to the GB, then you stop people from contributing points, but does that stop the clock on the production too?
Thank you

DeletedUser26965

Yes that will stop the clock as well if it's not connected. I've noticed that a lot of times when this happens it's not a guildmate but possibly a friend or neighbor and so unless you know for sure it's a guildmate there's not much use in writing a message. If it is a guildmate of course and they keep doing it then you could remove them from the thread and if they continue doing it remove them from the guild. About all you can do that I can think of.

Victoria and Albert

I checked to see if a friend had done this and her only contributors were guildmates. I really wish there was a way to know when points were put down. Like in the town hall history, it will tell you when your GB got leveled and it tells you what your contribution was. It would be cool if it said something like "Victoria and Albert contributed point 650 to level your gb".
That would slow things down, I bet.
Some people care more about this than I do. I just like it when people give me points!

DeletedUser34787

To be honest, there does come a point where the extra FP is actually causing a net loss, in which cases it's unsurprising that people get angry. I wouldn't mind somebody flipping my Observatory (especially with a decent Arc), but imagine somebody flipping a Cape and denying you 10/15/20/25/25+ FP? Suddenly even a donation of four or five FP seems less benign.

Graviton

Your guild is the one losing out when an Obs double-dip is denied. I'm a big fan of the double-dip and I've learned not to let my GBs get that close to levelling before I do it myself. When it gets 20-30 points away, keep it out of swap threads and such and then complete it yourself. That's the only way I know of to reduce the risk. I was in a guild previously where a well-meaning player would announce that other players' GBs were close to levelling. He was essentially inviting everybody to rob double-dips, although I'm sure that's not what he intended.

Czari

I was in a guild previously where a well-meaning player would announce that other players' GBs were close to levelling. He was essentially inviting everybody to rob double-dips, although I'm sure that's not what he intended.

I was in a guild with someone who sounds a lot like the above person. It was in the #2 guild on the server and, bottom line, he wanted people to level their GBs so he could swoop the next level by using FPs from his high level Arc.