• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Latest Update moves rogues to LAST?

Da Noob

Im on Android and I am now seeing that rogues are listed at the END of the light units. So, right now, to add a rogue to my attacking army I now have to scroll past 20 Exoskeleton Soldiers, 20 Ultra AP, 20 Strike Teams, 20 Commandos, 20 Bazookas, 20 Conscripts, 20 Jaegers, 20 Rangers, 20 Mercenaries, and 20 Spear Fighters.

Say this isnt so! Tell me I am seeing things! There must be a setting that simply needs to be changed, right? If this is correct, this will completely break fighting because with how often I attack my hood, GE, and continent, the thought of having to scroll that much every single fight is untenable. That is just too much wasted time! Forget my proposal that was overwhelmingly passed and submitted to devs (to be rejected) to have Rogues be their own tab (and sorted attached before unattached), we cant have rogues be at the END of the light units order....its simply too much scrolling and effectively breaks things.

DeletedUser31440

Select the age troop your fighting with and you'll only have to scroll through one age worth of troops instead of scrolling through all the ages light troops.

DeletedUser

Im on Android and I am now seeing that rogues are listed at the END of the light units. So, right now, to add a rogue to my attacking army I now have to scroll past 20 Exoskeleton Soldiers, 20 Ultra AP, 20 Strike Teams, 20 Commandos, 20 Bazookas, 20 Conscripts, 20 Jaegers, 20 Rangers, 20 Mercenaries, and 20 Spear Fighters.

Say this isnt so! Tell me I am seeing things! There must be a setting that simply needs to be changed, right? If this is correct, this will completely break fighting because with how often I attack my hood, GE, and continent, the thought of having to scroll that much every single fight is untenable. That is just too much wasted time! Forget my proposal that was overwhelmingly passed and submitted to devs (to be rejected) to have Rogues be their own tab (and sorted attached before unattached), we cant have rogues be at the END of the light units order....its simply too much scrolling and effectively breaks things.
This is the way it's always been, at least to my experience, on PC. I agree that having it this way wouldn't work nearly as well on mobile, where scrolling left and right isn't nearly as easy.

DeletedUser27149

Please Inno!! Put them back! They are the most used troop, why would anybody think it is a good idea to make them the hardest troop to cue up? And make a note: if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

DeletedUser26532

They've always been listed first on mobile and last on PC. I haven't seen any change in the last 24 hours....has there been?

DeletedUser

You can also choose to select troops from an Age in which you have no troops and Rogues will be the only choice displayed (this on mobile).
Works on PC, too. When I have no attack army selected, I go to Bronze Age troops to select the 7 Rogues. :)

DeletedUser30312

As someone who is using both browser and mobile, I prefer the consistency. Like Mustapha said, go to an age where you have no units and you won't need to scroll, rogues are displayed before drummers and color guards.

DeletedUser27149

Just put the rogues up front on both mobile and PC. Problem solved.

It was fine before, why would you want to settle for extra taps when there were no extra taps or scrolling before?

Simply put it back the way it was. The most used troop should not be the hardest troop to cue up. Why was it changed in the first place? I searched around the forums and proposals and could not find one single post asking to have the rogues moved from the front of the troops list to the end of the troops list.

It doesn't make sense to settle for half as good when it was fine before it changed. Or is this just a good way to get people to accidentally hit auto battle and lose troops so they have to buy diamonds?

DeletedUser

Just put the rogues up front on both mobile and PC. Problem solved.
Problem solved on mobile maybe, but problem created on PC. On one world, I have over 1000 Rogues. I don't want to have to scroll past them to find my light units. Much, much easier to scroll past the light units to find the Rogues.

BruteForceAttack

Problem solved on mobile maybe, but problem created on PC. On one world, I have over 1000 Rogues. I don't want to have to scroll past them to find my light units. Much, much easier to scroll past the light units to find the Rogues.

I think you dont have to go thru 1k rouges to get to lite units.

Inno changed Army management few months back, you see units in block of 20, but it is capped..meaning it will not force you to thru your 1000 rouges before you get to a lite unit

Mustapha00

This is an example of Inno 'solving' a problem that did not exist.

I'm not as regular as some here on the FOE Forums, but I cannot recall ever reading a proposal to make it harder to select Rogues from your roster of available units.

Salsuero

I think you dont have to go thru 1k rouges to get to lite units.

Inno changed Army management few months back, you see units in block of 20, but it is capped..meaning it will not force you to thru your 1000 rouges before you get to a lite unit

...unless 999+ of them have at least one tick of damage. All Rogues with damage seem to show up along side the set of "fresh" ones. After a while battling, you'd end up with a huge number of visible Rogues to scroll past. A long-ish GvG campaign would make this easy to see.