• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Leaders quit

now1b

Our clan leader and other founders are long ago and did not leave any one access to keep the clan together? what now

wolfhoundtoo

If they are truly inactive (as in they aren't logging in any more) the game will eventually pick another founder. I believe it's 30 days but i'm not positive on the timing. The thing is that means they can't login to their account not that they have to do anything once they login. Better to find a new guild.

The Lady Redneck

The replace a founder that has stopped playing thing. does not work. You can sit there until doomsday and nothing will change. Find yourself another guild. Look for one where the players all have cities with up to date event buildings and and fight counts that show they are active and a high level of gold GE trophies. Even try asking guys in the top guild in your world if they know of good guilds where you can learn the game and build your cities. You probably will not get into a top guild but they should know which smaller guilds are good. And remember you can join and leave as many guilds as you like until you find one that does suit you.

The Lady Redneck

It does work. A founder that does nothing but still logs in has not stopped.
Then what is he doing? What is the point in logging into a game once a month with no intentions of doing any more than that?. If INNO is happy with that fine. But does that in turn not make the game little more than a scam? There are hundreds of such guilds on the servers. People like the OP have asked for help, Both here and from support MANY times only to get the same bog standard answer.

And this is not a new phenomena. These "founders have been doing this for years. Perhaps they are not any more real than the bots we face as opponents in the PvP Arena. Would be easy enough to set one up to log in and log out once a month.

As for it working. It certainly does not work for all the players who find themselves in the position of the OP asking for advice here.

Agent327 as a forum Mod. could you shed some light on this. Or perhaps ask those you answer to to provide an explanation?

Agent327

Then what is he doing? What is the point in logging into a game once a month with no intentions of doing any more than that?. If INNO is happy with that fine. But does that in turn not make the game little more than a scam? There are hundreds of such guilds on the servers. People like the OP have asked for help, Both here and from support MANY times only to get the same bog standard answer.

And this is not a new phenomena. These "founders have been doing this for years. Perhaps they are not any more real than the bots we face as opponents in the PvP Arena. Would be easy enough to set one up to log in and log out once a month.

As for it working. It certainly does not work for all the players who find themselves in the position of the OP asking for advice here.

Agent327 as a forum Mod. could you shed some light on this. Or perhaps ask those you answer to to provide an explanation?

How on earth should I know why someone still logs in and is not active. You should ask that person. Fact is that he is the Guild founder and as long as he logs in there is no reason to take the Guild away from him. Every player in this game can start a guild and every player in this game seems to thnk he/she is capable to run one.

Pericles the Lion

If a player with founder status can absent himself/herself from guild activities yet retain founder status simply by logging in once a month then the rule is a stupid rule. Rather than wasting a lot of time trying to get INNO to change the rule a better solution would be for one of the guild's leaders to leave, start a new guild, then invite all of the other guild members to join the new guild.

The Lady Redneck

@ Pericles. That is logical. We are not looking at the logical here. But in these dead guilds neither Founders or leaders are ever there. I have played in every world over the years including Beta and it is the same thing in every one. There has to be some reason why a business allows this to continue. Why people sit in these dead guilds is another thing I do not understand, as usually when you do go into them and start doing stuff you ALMOST always get some who respond and want to know how to play the game. All it takes is a little encouragement and they do move on to real guilds. So why is INNO willing to allow a potential loss of revenue to continue? It is not logical.

@ Agent327 you say I should ask that person why he does as he does. How can I do that when he is never there? Also not everyone in the game thinks they are capable of running a guild. That is why most are happy to be members. And not everyone who is capable of starting and running a guild does want to do so. Some of us are quite happy to be a member and simply help where we can. That is the beauty of this game. It suits the needs of everyone. It seems willing to do so even for those with illogical reasons. As in "running" a dead guild.

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

No not if you could not answer my query. If you could fine. If not, would you ask those you answer to if they could do so. To me it is normal practice if asked to clarify something and I cannot do so. I will say I do not have the answer but that I will do my best to find out who does. That is what I expect from you as a Moderator of this forum.

Agent327

No not if you could not answer my query. If you could fine. If not, would you ask those you answer to if they could do so. To me it is normal practice if asked to clarify something and I cannot do so. I will say I do not have the answer but that I will do my best to find out who does. That is what I expect from you as a Moderator of this forum.

You ask me to explain what players are doing in the game and what's the point for them to log in the game when they are not active. How on earth should I know? I do not even know those players. As a moderator of this forum, you can expect from me to know what goes on, on the forum. If you want answers on the behaviour of players in the game, you should ask those players.

The Lady Redneck

OK I will try it your way and keep my eyes open for players who no longer play so I can ask them why they no longer play..

Thank you for your advice,

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

OK I will try it your way and keep my eyes open for players who no longer play so I can ask them why they no longer play..

Thank you for your advice,

There could be quite a few reasons that they login in and don't play. The 1st being that in fact they do play quite casually. Perhaps they suffer periodic down times and that is when they play the game. Perhaps they run the cities as diamond farms or used to play the server and still want to maintain that city. Perhaps these 'dead' guilds are actually open membership guilds and the founders/leaders feel exactly zero need to tend to random people that join their guilds. Perhaps they aren't as 'dead' as people post since maybe it is more about what they member here wants versus what the leadership wants for the guild. Maybe they want more trades, more advice, more GE levels. This game can be played however you like and that is how Inno runs it. Why should a founder lose their status because they are busy for a month or they don't like GE and don't open the levels. Perhaps they don't want the work but want a sense of a (very loose) group. Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps. It isn't on Inno to decide who and how a guild should be run. They set up the system to prevent a guild from dying if the there is only a founder or founders that don't care enough to log in for ages. That's all they need to do as there are plenty of other guilds you can join. Thing is a better guild usually requires players to put in some effort too.