• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Leave IA on my diamond farm world?

Jern2017

I have a diamond farm. I curreny have 69 WWs/Little WWs/FoYs built and a few more in my inventory.

I've been in the Iron Age for more than a year. I bought all the diamond expansions, reached the CA map in my hunt for reward expansions and my next Victory expansion costs 50.000 medals.

My main source of diamonds are WWs, as I find completing the fourth difficulty of the GE too time consuming.

I mainly get WWs from events and lately, space has been an issue.

In my opinion, here are the pros and cons of leaving the IA

pros:

-more diamond expansions and reward expansions in the tech tree

-the upcoming feature (don't want to go into details because I know some people dislike spoilers) that might make it possible for me to acquire more WWs becomes available- in the EMA

cons:

- the fights in the GE, events and DCs become increasingly harder

-recruit X number of units from your age or one age below your current age will take more time, right now I can train some BA Spearfighters in a minute or two

Thank you for reading and I hope more experienced members here will take their time to share their opinons and give me some advice.

DeletedUser

A GE consideration is that in Iron Age you only need Iron Age goods to unlock GE levels. In EMA and above you'll need current era and previous era goods. I know you know that, but just thought I'd add it to the conversation.:)

Jern2017

I decided to advance to the EMA. I got six more expansions (four from research and two diamond expansions). I now have 75 WWs/FoYs in my city with none in my inventory. Since they automatically upgrade to my current age, any quests requiring me to collect coins or supplies, or spend FPs will easily be completed by just collecting those resources from my WWs. Also, the "win x amount of battles" or "defeat x amount of units" quests will still be doable - with an offensive boost of 42/32, I should be able to defeat the weakest neighbors even if they have a proper defensive army.

When I have five to ten WWs in my inventory again, I plan to advance to the HMA. Since the HMA Alchemist is only 3x2 and all EMA production buildings are at least 3x3, I plan on placing a few Alchemists as soon as I reach the HMA for the quests that require you to finish a certain number of productions in buildings from your current age.

I will have to depend on the GE and if I'm lucky, the DC, to fulfill quests that require the recruiting of units, but it's a small price to pay for all the extra space I'm getting.

Super Catanian

but it's a small price to pay for all the extra space I'm getting.
salvation.jpg

Triopoly Champion

cons:
- the fights in the GE, events and DCs become increasingly harder
Colonial GE is accurately easier than Iron GE because the unusually strong defense for both the fast and the heavy units.

This game is made so that the defense boosts of the attacking army are hard to increase, thus I can have my Colonial Champions or Grenadiers boost up with attack: 87, defense: 86, perfect to wipe out any 2 waves of encounters without losing more than several units total.

While in Iron Age, it's hard to fit in all of them: Zeus, CoA, CdM, Traz, AO, Kraken, TA, VP even with the helps of The Arc and Inno Tower.

Last edited by a moderator: