• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Let us Delete (or lock) threads we create if we want!!

DreadfulCadillac

I belive the OP of the thread they create should be allowed to delete/lock the thread they created.
Reasons Why-
Now that we dont have any very active moderators, it could take along time to get your thread closed or locked if you wanted it deleted or locked.
I'd make a proposal out of this that is much moe detailed, but that violates Forum rules.
Honestly we should be able tomake proposals about changes to the forum in my opinion.
Im open to ideas and comments, so feel free to give feedback!
(please no comments about DNSL or FORMAT because this is not the proposals section, TY!)

DeletedUser37581

The basis of your idea is that the forum will not have active moderators for an extended period of time. That is by no means certain. Perhaps a Community Manager could provide feedback on the long-term moderator outlook.

DeletedUser

Whatever the moderator situation, it is a terrible idea to let Forum members themselves decide when a thread should be closed or deleted. That is something that should be left to the moderating staff, and should not be used unless absolutely necessary. I have seen many times on the Forum over the years (as a player) where a player starts a thread and then doesn't like the fact that few posters agree with them and then demand that the thread be closed because they can't back up their viewpoint. Giving them the right to close or delete their threads would be very frustrating to many Forum members who might wish to participate in those discussions.