• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Level 2 Color Guard Camp

Super Catanian

In a thread in the Proposals section, there was a discussion about adding a L2 Drummer School and being able to train a new unit. We discussed the prospect of having a L2 Color Guard Camp as well, but that it should be in its own thread. Here is the link to the previous thread:

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/drummer-school-level-2.25086/

In order to obtain a L2 Color Guard Camp, you must upgrade a regular one that is already built. It will give an attack boost (perhaps 6%, nothing too big).
Once you have a L2 CGC, you will no longer be able to train regular Color Guards in it, but rather, a new unit with somewhat similar features. This new unit will have more attack and defense, as well as give a bigger boost to your attacking army (how about 20%).
Many people were saying that we should give this new unit a special ability, so it doesn't end up being a clone of the Drummer or Champion. This special feature is still in debate.
So, should there be a L2 Color Guard Camp? If so, what should be its new features and such? I look forward to hearing your feedback. Thanks.

Last edited:

Ta 152H

Thank you for your feedback.

I think you need to flesh it out a bit before one can say it should or should not exist. My knee-jerk is no, but maybe after you tell me what L2 CG camp would do, I could evaluate it as being worthwhile and interesting.

What are your ideas on it?

Super Catanian

I think you need to flesh it out a bit before one can say it should or should not exist. My knee-jerk is no, but maybe after you tell me what L2 CG camp would do, I could evaluate it as being worthwhile and interesting.

What are your ideas on it?
The L2 Color Guard Camp will give an attack boost just like the Drummer School, making it more desirable. Since we will be able to train a new unit with it, this unit will have more attack and defense values, and give a bigger boost with the rally ability. However, you mentioned that it should have a special ability to make it different from a Drummer and Champion. Do you have any particular abilities in mind?

Ta 152H

The L2 Color Guard Camp will give an attack boost just like the Drummer School, making it more desirable. Since we will be able to train a new unit with it, this unit will have more attack and defense values, and give a bigger boost with the rally ability. However, you mentioned that it should have a special ability to make it different from a Drummer and Champion. Do you have any particular abilities in mind?

I'm not for just making a CG with better boosts, I think it's boring, and not really needed.

I can give you some, but I'd prefer for you to do your own thinking, so you can come up with something I had not even considered. The one thing I want to emphasize is thinking outside of what's already here, and just going along with it. Who really cares about that? Does it add a new twist? Not really.

So, let's think of a few things that might make things really different. +1 Range? +1 Movement? % chance opposing units can not move (2% per unit, per turn CG is alive?). 1% chance per unit, per turn Unit changes side, and becomes a CG for your side? Removes stealth ability for opposing side? Absorbs one point of damage for all units of yours getting hit (but units always take one point), makes all your units get benefits as if they are in the best terrain, etc...

I'm just throwing anything out there that pops into my mind, so they probably are not balanced or sensible, but I'm just trying to give you examples of things you can add, if you wish. I think it's more interesting than just adding more percentage boost, but that's only my opinion, and my opinion isn't worth too much.

Super Catanian

Thank you so much for your feedback.
I mentioned that it should have bigger boosts alongside its new ability, not just those boosts.
Both in the battlefield and in its picture, maybe it should have two people instead of one, since there was usually another soldier to defend the flag bearer. Maybe we can call it an Honor Guard or something?

Below, I will add a list of some abilities and their description. Remember that I am open to change. :)
Turncoat- Any unit that the CG attacks will switch sides and become part of the opposing army. Can only happen once per attack. This could be a compromise to the proposed "roguekiller" ability.
Honour- Provides a large boost to all friendly units as long as it is alive (opposite of Chivalry).
Victory- If player wins the battle with a CG, they earn additional points in battle.