• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] level up buildings

Pickleweasel

That depends on the type of building.

1. If it is a great building that provides population, then forge points used to level it will likely provide a population boost each time it increases in level. To check, simply open the great building by clicking on it and then check out the information tab.
  2. If it is a special building (i.e. something from an event) then you can use a one-up kit or renovation kit to increase the era, which should increase the population (if population is provided at all).
  3. If it is a standard residential building (i.e. something from the construction menu), then you can't level it up. You can replace it with a building of a higher era, which will generally provide more population (but you have to check . . . the footprint of the building and other factors come in to play).
--------------

67Sage101

In the low ages it's houses. In low ages the tower of babel can help. If you can play an event and get a building those generally provide a boost to population even at low levels. Once you get a few event buildings, population is less of an issue.

I have a baby city now, and it's amazing to me how difficult it is to start out and how none of the issues of coins, production, population, or happiness are in issue in later ages.