• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Loosen Expansion Restrictions

PaHe

Why are there so many contests and new buildings when the ability of most players prohibits their placement? Why cannot FOE make the expansions part of the Quest rewards outright?

DeletedUser28670

Why are there so many contests and new buildings when the ability of most players prohibits their placement? Why cannot FOE make the expansions part of the Quest rewards outright?
It's on the do not suggest list. And this very proposal has been rejected many times. It just isn't going to happen.
Why are there so many contests and new buildings when the ability of most players prohibits their placement?
Don't speak for everyone King RiPaHe.
Am I led to believe you polled everyone playing FOE about this matter?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

But I think they should toss in some diamonds also ... 20-30 should be fine for starters.

I second the motion.
Last major event net me over 100 separate buildings.
That's counting decos.
That's 100 extra expansion squares.

I have 100 Expansions.
Now for the Diamonds.

30 Diamonds per building x 100 buildings [love those decos] = 3,000 Diamonds.

Nice.
100 Expansions.
3,000 Diamonds.
From one Event.

Excellent idea OP.

chosen one.png

Let's put this up for a vote.

DeletedUser

And one button to push to make all this happen. With a big bouncing blue arrow pointing to it. And after you push it, an Achievement drop down that stays on the screen for 3 days.

more_arrow2.png
zdq68.jpg

DeletedUser28970

and a Floating Rhino will do a magic doo-doo in your wishing well that when motivated will allow you to plunder 20 buildings at once for 30 whole minutes!
(ps: that should be a pic of that exercise guy Richard Simmons)

DeletedUser26154

We should just log in.
And have an Ocean Future City.
Waiting for us.
1,000 land expansions.
No limit on coins or supplies or Forge Points.
Every Great Building at Level One Hundred.

tumblr_inline_nsopy1kX2I1r27s41_500.jpg

And servants who collect on time for us.

DeletedUser27849

The whole point of this game is to learn to build a city to your desire. There is strategy in it based on your playing style.

DeletedUser31466

A lot of you are posting snarky replies but, seriously some us don't have or have access to a credit card. i for one am getting tried of going part way through a quest only to be forced to quit because I have literally no place to build the required structures to advance. I also don't see the point of making the building footprints larger than the available expansions.Example: expansion 4x4, needed structure 7x5 next expansion? Next era or 6000 medals away when their coming in at 7 per every 4 hours. I 'm almost ready to give up. As you say things will probably not change but, I don't think giving out an occasional expansion would kill the game.

Freshmeboy

Chipmunkjt, I understand your frustration but everybody starts with the same amount of land and everybody has the resources to acquire the EXACT same amount of expansions throughout the game. Diamonds are given as prizes in quests and GE (Where I get most of mine), and while not in huge amounts, they will help purchase your diamond expansions. The reason you are getting loads of snark on this forum is because this is an old, tired complaint, mostly from newer players. Medal expansions can be easier to obtain through GB donations and makes me believe INNO is creating all these fp producing event buildings for that very reason...don't give up...adapt, adjust and keep on chugging....my city wasn't built in a year and neither will yours

DeletedUser30459

Chipmunkjt, first, what he ^ said.
And, if I may chime in here, I COMPLETELY feel ya, pal. A couple of months ago, a moderator asked us here, in the forum what we all would wish for. They were holding a "Christmas in July" contest and offered rewards, randomly picked from participants in the thread. To enter this contest, we had to give ideas as to the kinds of things we were looking for and we were invited to leave a "Christmas wish list". The very first thing I could think of was... MORE EXPANSIONS or a different or at least an additional mode of earning medals with which to buy expansions. I'm in the same boat as you: after the summer event, my inventory was STUFFED with buildings for which I had zero room. (I know-sounds like a "horrible" problem, right?) But yeah, it was super-frustrating to open my inventory and see all of these cool new buildings that I just couldn't place because it does seem as though the expansions are a bit on the rare side. At my level, a new expansion will cost me twenty-one THOUSAND medals! To place my cool new amusement park, which I'd won during the event, I needed to clear up or find 32 blocks! (8x4) That's not to mention the three appliance factories (4x5 each) and the roller derby (5x4)! I wound up selling the amusement park because I just decided it was time to rearrange my city. I sold the one I had sitting already to clear up a huge block of land and used it to place buildings while I figured out where everything was going to go. Then, when I had it all sorted, I laid my other amusement park. I figured it was free, anyway, there was NO WAY I would find room for both of them and my city didn't really NEED two amusement parks, anyway. I still have one of the appliance factories sitting in my inventory, along with the roller derby.

Back to the contest: we were allowed to enter every day, so I did. The first couple of days, I kept repeating how much we really needed to have something in the game to bring the supply for expansions closer to the demand. Then, after a couple of days, I worked it out: Innogames is NEVER going to do that! Why? Not because "they don't care" about us-the players, like I've seen some people crying about; it's really pretty simple: First, expansions are probably the number-one item that is actually purchased with diamonds. Innogames IS a company, after-all and the last time I checked, it wasn't listed as a "non-profit". The people working for Innogames probably aren't making any kind of a killing-certainly nothing like the "big boys" like Electronic Arts, Bioware, or those guys. BUT they do have to make some money somewhere to keep the doors open. People like us, who play "free" browser games on Facebook aren't here because we're looking for the newest, flashiest, most "extreme" games: we're here because there was probably an ad which included the verbiage, "Free to play" and we thought, "OK, let's take a look..." Many players are very proud of the fact that they DON'T buy diamonds-even if they had 8-figure trust funds, they wouldn't buy diamonds because it's like taking a short cut and undermines the skill and intellect needed to succeed in the game. Buying diamonds to me is akin to giving up or even "cheating". So it makes sense to think that Innogames sells a LOT more expansions than "premium" buildings or decorations. After-all, expansions are Permanent! If I had bought my amusement park with diamonds, for instance, it's pretty likely that the time will come when I will see fit to sell it. I sold my windmill, after-all....

Next, expansions are rare and are meant to be kept that way! A large part of the challenge of this game is to fit everything into the limited space. The argument may be made that expansions are too rare, and consequently the enjoyability of the game does suffer a bit as a result. After all, I've completed the blueprints and have the necessary resources to build at LEAST one or two more great buildings. Alas, I've been stuck at only 3 for a very long time. Now for the good news:

I found a list of the daily top prizes for this event. I think the Shrine of Knowledge will be the top prize more than any other item. Would you care to guess what ELSE people were wishing for in the "Christmas in July" contest? Looking back, I would estimate that 9/10 posts were people asking for "SOK's"! So yeah, Innogames DOES listen! Personally, I can take or leave another SOK (let-alone the FIELDS of them that I have seen in some other cities) Personally, I just don't see the point in having a city populated entirely with SOK's, but that's just me. I happen to LIKE having different buildings and try to make my city as visually appealing as possible, while trying to make it make sense! I have what I like to call my "military complex", where all of the military buildings are grouped together and arranged to fit in as small an area as possible. It's next to my "Industrial complex" which is where my goods buildings sit.

The other significance behind the SOK's is that there are already "other" avenues to take to get medals:
1. PVP. You're probably already aware, but if you aren't, you should be-fight in the weekly PVP tournaments and you can win medals
2. Don't underestimate medal-producing buildings! (or forget that your multi-production buildings make medals, too!) I know, 6 medals from your cider mill may not seem like much, but that's EVERY HOUR! With just one upgrade, you're able to produce a truckload of medals every day!
3. Assist other players' great buildings. I don't know about you or your guild, but mine employs "GB swap" email threads. We have one for 5 points and another for 10. What you do, if you don't already have one and want to start it is start an email and address it to your guild. In the subject line, put "5/10-GB SWAP-DON'T DELETE!" and then specify which GB YOU want other people to dump forge points into. The next person, after assisting you, will list which GB THEY want to be assisted with, and so-on. It's a VERY handy system which will aid you in getting your GB's leveled AND you will earn medals by assisting other players in the same way they will be assisted by you.

That's about it. Remember-Innogames isn't going to give away any more expansions than they already are-in fact, the events ARE designed to spur you into action-mostly the action of pulling your wallet out and paying for diamonds to buy expansions for all of the new goodies you get. BUT you CAN get those expansions faster: just use your head and figure ways to turn what you have into medals to get the expansions you need!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12620

Chipmunkjt, first, what he ^ said.
And, if I may chime in here, I COMPLETELY feel ya, pal. A couple of months ago, a moderator asked us here, in the forum what we all would wish for. They were holding a "Christmas in July" contest and offered rewards, randomly picked from participants in the thread. To enter this contest, we had to give ideas as to the kinds of things we were looking for and we were invited to leave a "Christmas wish list". The very first thing I could think of was... MORE EXPANSIONS or a different or at least an additional mode of earning medals with which to buy expansions. I'm in the same boat as you: after the summer event, my inventory was STUFFED with buildings for which I had zero room. (I know-sounds like a "horrible" problem, right?) But yeah, it was super-frustrating to open my inventory and see all of these cool new buildings that I just couldn't place because it does seem as though the expansions are a bit on the rare side. At my level, a new expansion will cost me twenty-one THOUSAND medals! To place my cool new amusement park, which I'd won during the event, I needed to clear up or find 32 blocks! (8x4) That's not to mention the three appliance factories (4x5 each) and the roller derby (5x4)! I wound up selling the amusement park because I just decided it was time to rearrange my city. I sold the one I had sitting already to clear up a huge block of land and used it to place buildings while I figured out where everything was going to go. Then, when I had it all sorted, I laid my other amusement park. I figured it was free, anyway, there was NO WAY I would find room for both of them and my city didn't really NEED two amusement parks, anyway. I still have one of the appliance factories sitting in my inventory, along with the roller derby.

Back to the contest: we were allowed to enter every day, so I did. The first couple of days, I kept repeating how much we really needed to have something in the game to bring the supply for expansions closer to the demand. Then, after a couple of days, I worked it out: Innogames is NEVER going to do that! Why? Not because "they don't care" about us-the players, like I've seen some people crying about; it's really pretty simple: First, expansions are probably the number-one item that is actually purchased with diamonds. Innogames IS a company, after-all and the last time I checked, it wasn't listed as a "non-profit". The people working for Innogames probably aren't making any kind of a killing-certainly nothing like the "big boys" like Electronic Arts, Bioware, or those guys. BUT they do have to make some money somewhere to keep the doors open. People like us, who play "free" browser games on Facebook aren't here because we're looking for the newest, flashiest, most "extreme" games: we're here because there was probably an ad which included the verbiage, "Free to play" and we thought, "OK, let's take a look..." Many players are very proud of the fact that they DON'T buy diamonds-even if they had 8-figure trust funds, they wouldn't buy diamonds because it's like taking a short cut and undermines the skill and intellect needed to succeed in the game. Buying diamonds to me is akin to giving up or even "cheating". So it makes sense to think that Innogames sells a LOT more expansions than "premium" buildings or decorations. After-all, expansions are Permanent! If I had bought my amusement park with diamonds, for instance, it's pretty likely that the time will come when I will see fit to sell it. I sold my windmill, after-all....

Next, expansions are rare and are meant to be kept that way! A large part of the challenge of this game is to fit everything into the limited space. The argument may be made that expansions are too rare, and consequently the enjoyability of the game does suffer a bit as a result. After all, I've completed the blueprints and have the necessary resources to build at LEAST one or two more great buildings. Alas, I've been stuck at only 3 for a very long time. Now for the good news:

I found a list of the daily top prizes for this event. I think the Shrine of Knowledge will be the top prize more than any other item. Would you care to guess what ELSE people were wishing for in the "Christmas in July" contest? Looking back, I would estimate that 9/10 posts were people asking for "SOK's"! So yeah, Innogames DOES listen! Personally, I can take or leave another SOK (let-alone the FIELDS of them that I have seen in some other cities) Personally, I just don't see the point in having a city populated entirely with SOK's, but that's just me. I happen to LIKE having different buildings and try to make my city as visually appealing as possible, while trying to make it make sense! I have what I like to call my "military complex", where all of the military buildings are grouped together and arranged to fit in as small an area as possible. It's next to my "Industrial complex" which is where my goods buildings sit.

The other significance behind the SOK's is that there are already "other" avenues to take to get medals:
1. PVP. You're probably already aware, but if you aren't, you should be-fight in the weekly PVP tournaments and you can win medals
2. Don't underestimate medal-producing buildings! (or forget that your multi-production buildings make medals, too!) I know, 6 medals from your cider mill may not seem like much, but that's EVERY HOUR! With just one upgrade, you're able to produce a truckload of medals every day!
3. Assist other players' great buildings. I don't know about you or your guild, but mine employs "GB swap" email threads. We have one for 5 points and another for 10. What you do, if you don't already have one and want to start it is start an email and address it to your guild. In the subject line, put "5/10-GB SWAP-DON'T DELETE!" and then specify which GB YOU want other people to dump forge points into. The next person, after assisting you, will list which GB THEY want to be assisted with, and so-on. It's a VERY handy system which will aid you in getting your GB's leveled AND you will earn medals by assisting other players in the same way they will be assisted by you.

That's about it. Remember-Innogames isn't going to give away any more expansions than they already are-in fact, the events ARE designed to spur you into action-mostly the action of pulling your wallet out and paying for diamonds to buy expansions for all of the new goodies you get. BUT you CAN get those expansions faster: just use your head and figure ways to turn what you have into medals to get the expansions you need!

This post made me feel so hot.... where is the fan? :)

Algona

A lot of you are posting snarky replies

Yup, some damn funny stuff. When you look baxk at this thread in a year you'll be laughing your ass off.

Let's take care of your problem, eh?

There's two ways to approach this Forum.

Come in here and demand a change to the game. You see what that got the OP. Don't work none too well.

Come in and ask for help with the problems you have. I guarantee you that if you give details (the more the better, include your world so folk can look at your city) and ask for help you will get helpful responses.

If I were you I'd bail on this thread and start a new one asking for help. There are a lot of helpful posters out here who can and will help you.

NOTE WELL! I make no guarantee whatsoever that the solution s to your problems will be easy to implement. FoE has a lot of 'traps' and 'dead ends' built into it. If you've gone too far in one of the many wrong directions it can take weeks and a lot of effort to get back on one of the successful paths.

But the first step is asking for help.

Good luck.

Last edited: