• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Love the events... But...

Emberguard

The increasing number Fps being needed is getting ridiculous.
That has always been a thing dictated by your age. I haven't noticed it go up anymore then previous events. Am I mistaken?

It's only at 24 for me currently and for two ages prior to what I am now in (en) Houndsmoor I'd have expected 30 by the end (currently progressive)

Emberguard

I think they are trying to catch up on dailies and the FP needed for daily quests increases slightly over time. (usually from 6 FP to 12 and finally 18.)
That's only true for a single age out of 16 ages.

Each age you go up increases the FP requirement.

If one only uses daily income then perhaps one would struggle if they don't have enough and can't get far in GE. But after a year of playing one of my cities had nearly 3k in FP packs, and another had 2k.

I've never struggled to complete the FP requirement on my main cities, because I've always had more then enough from simply building up my GBs in FP swaps.

DeletedUser8420

I think they are trying to catch up on dailies and the FP needed for daily quests increases slightly over time. (usually from 6 FP to 12 and finally 18.)

I recently was required to add 57 fps to GB in order to complete event quest.
Nearly every one of the fp requirements in winter event are 36+ let alone those that require 50+. Especially when tech tree requires almost 200 per item to research.
That will eat up a fp bank quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

I recently was required to add 57 fps to GB in order to complete event quest.
Which age?

Hagia + CDM (lvl 10)= 12 FPs
Daily FPs = 10-24 FPs
Visiting taverns I could potentially get another 7-14 FPs

Then there's all the event buildings which of course differ from player to player - but over the last year I've managed to gather enough to get just around 60fps daily not including tavern visits.

For 57 FPs you'd have to be considerably higher in age then me. So I'd also expect the possibility of you having the Innovation tower, cape or Arctic orangery etc.

Though of course your priorities may be different then mine in how you operate your city

Emberguard

@UBERhelp1 you're not entirely wrong. This event for my EMA city started somewhere around the 4 FP mark and is currently on quest #60 asking for 14FPs but in a quest or two prior wanted 21FPs (while Progressive era for the same quest wanted 24FPs). So it's not always linear although the further along in the questline the higher FP requirement you can expect

The only way a player could have such a high requirement of 57 FPs is if they're way further ahead in the ages, /or/ they meant multiple quests. If they meant more then one quest then it's only natural the FP requirement would increase with the number of quests. If they meant a single quest then it sounds like they need to work on increasing their FP production as in order to be that far along they'd be in a age where you're going to need a high income if you don't want a snails pace through the tech tree anyway.

Bruadhin

@UBERhelp1 you're not entirely wrong. This event for my EMA city started somewhere around the 4 FP mark and is currently on quest #60 asking for 14FPs but in a quest or two prior wanted 21FPs (while Progressive era for the same quest wanted 24FPs). So it's not always linear although the further along in the questline the higher FP requirement you can expect

The only way a player could have such a high requirement of 57 FPs is if they're way further ahead in the ages, /or/ they meant multiple quests. If they meant more then one quest then it's only natural the FP requirement would increase with the number of quests. If they meant a single quest then it sounds like they need to work on increasing their FP production as in order to be that far along they'd be in a age where you're going to need a high income if you don't want a snails pace through the tech tree anyway.

Having only played for a few months, I find it hard to believe a FP Spend Quest would be a roadblock for any player who exerts any effort at all, particularly someone who has played for any length of time. I blew through the initial quests in several days and have been waiting each day for the daily quest for sometime. Between all the buildings that give FP, it seems that once you have made it to an advanced age your city should be generating more than enough to meet any spend quest without using packs. Today's daily quest for my PE city involved spending 36 FP. Between overnight and my buildings that deliver in the morning, I've mostly met it.

Agent327

Having only played for a few months, I find it hard to believe a FP Spend Quest would be a roadblock for any player who exerts any effort at all, particularly someone who has played for any length of time. I blew through the initial quests in several days and have been waiting each day for the daily quest for sometime. Between all the buildings that give FP, it seems that once you have made it to an advanced age your city should be generating more than enough to meet any spend quest without using packs. Today's daily quest for my PE city involved spending 36 FP. Between overnight and my buildings that deliver in the morning, I've mostly met it.

Problem is that this is a game that needs to be played with patience. Most players that do not get that work themselves into trouble and then demand the game to be adapted.

Last edited:

Bruadhin

Problem is that this is a game that needs to be played with patience. Most players that do not get that work themselves into trouble and then demand the game to be adapted.

I resemble that. After having read this forum, I believe I'm going to need to park in PE for some time to level up my attack GBs and get some other very useful GBs.

Emberguard

Even if they didn't have that high of a FP income there should be enough FP packs to cover by that point if you ever do swaps

DeletedUser36979

I want a Watchfire - where can I get them? Played the winter event and loaded with spire upgrades and other stuff. Help

Emberguard

@LorraineE it was available two days ago as a daily special, followed by the upgrade to the watch fire.

Unfortunately this probably means you have to wait until next event before getting the watch fire

GE and relics from the temple of relics (a Guild Expedition GB) can provide ritual flames which serve the same purpose