• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

LOVE the Wildlife event.

La Marchessa

That’s right. I love, love, love this event. It seems there’s so much overwhelming negativity in the forums that I should let you know you did this one right. More like this please. I also like the St. Paddy’s day event.
so far I've enjoyed it too, even though Im not very wow-ed by the main reward building. I was really surprised that on limited resources I managed to snag a full Animal Crossing pretty handily, and only had to use about 360 diamonds, and during the course of that learned a couple of nuances to help my play. And I scored three Insect Hotels which I quite like and haven't seen before - for me, they are much better than Sleigh Builders because of the 2FP in 8 hours. The thing is, both of those work really well with my city design and the animal crossing especially - my city features lots of waterways and wildlife - streams, waterfalls, a river, a marina, bogs, and the animal crossing really accented it perfectly! Attack boost and FP were decent too.
Also I just kinda like a simple gems game to relax - seems so much less hectic than the last one for some reason. lol

Dursland

even though Im not very wow-ed by the main reward building
How are you not wowed? Up to 18fp in 20 tiles, 3 troops, up to 70 goods, and up to 33/30% red/blue attack.

That's not good enough? lol.

Glad someone is enjoying the event. It's not one of my favorites. St Patrick's was okay, I did well there - 22 towns without time jumps.

I didn't enjoy anniversary but at least we had an automated solver for that one, it did a good job for me.

Looks like Inno is shifting away from passive events to more active ones so we'll just have to get used to the new minigames.

La Marchessa

How are you not wowed? Up to 18fp in 20 tiles, 3 troops, up to 70 goods, and up to 33/30% red/blue attack.

Glad someone is enjoying the event. It's not one of my favorites. St Patrick's was okay, I did well there - 22 towns without time jumps.

I didn't enjoy anniversary but at least we had an automated solver for that one, it did a good job for me.

Looks like Inno is shifting away from passive events to more active ones so we'll just have to get used to the new minigames.
i wouldn't say it wasn't good enough, it just didn't appeal to me for some reason. I didn't like the way it looked and I don't like train buildings that much. Also Pandas in a reserve aren't really wildlife. Also I'm in IA era and the rewards aren't that much. Just 1 unit for example.

I like the Pirate Event's spinning ships wheel. I groan at it, but it feels nostalgic like a fun boardwalk game.

Dursland

I don't like train buildings that much.
I don't like chain buildings either but the Panda Shrine is ridiculously good by itself - and provides something that's essential to the game if you want to play going forward - red/blue combo boosts.

GE5 likely won't be the last change they introduce that uses our blue stats.

Overall I'm doing well in the event. Still on quest 30, waiting to use those tickets on MR kit. No extra tickets bought so I'm at 173 paws. 230k league points with the benchmark for professional being 257k. I think I'm doing well.

I should get firmly into Professional once I use up all my tickets going after Mt Reserve kits.

Have already won some decent dailies so far - 2 insect hotels (may have mentioned that in a previous post already) and 4 or 5 Sentinel Outposts.

Also won a couple Lotus Flower Lakes, which were great AD fodder - lots of coins and gems.

qaccy

Gonna have a max-length Panda Shrine by the end of the event, linked to 33 Lotuses...gonna be a nice collection for my BG! Overall using this event as an opportunity to bring my city up to modern standards, mainly with Mountain Reserves!

La Marchessa

I ended up already getting the fully upgraded Panda Reserve and putting it in. The 8 FP and medals made it just reasonable, but the FP should be higher to make it more attractive. As it is it is just a normal solid building. I know it has red/blue but pretty much any decent reward building is going to have that going forward. Also, the gold panda statue should give you another better upgrade if you already completed the full building by the end of the event - a sort of Super Level. That would make it interesting, one more final level, that would spit out fragments of wells or diamonds for example - now THAT would get my attention.

I like the idea of the Panda sanctuary a lot, but the pandas are not calibrated right - they are way too small looking - like the size of cats for the people walking around in the city. And there is no animation so still kinda meh as far as the design. Inno can step it up a bit.

Last edited:

stymie of Suwannee

Probably cause of crappy techniques. A “friend” last year or the previous was beating up his neighbors, then telling them to reset the wheel or he would continue. But that was a medium on his crappy scale.

anotter

i HATE it. Other events i have been able to complete the main prize easily without spending diamonds. This one is impossible, even to get 3/4 as far without. Tools are way too expensive and too often necessary.

qaccy

Also, the gold panda statue should give you another better upgrade if you already completed the full building by the end of the event - a sort of Super Level.
The Shrine Upgrade is already that 'super level'. Comparing the level 8 Reserve to the level 9, you'll notice it's a pretty substantial increase in many of the bonuses. Then going from level 9 to the Shrine, it's again another significant increase in bonuses.

Anyway, I've got my Shrine built and almost fully connected. Just waiting for the League rewards for my final Lotus Flower Lake. This is with the Forgotten Temple's bonus:
1684614764210.png

Spitzer

You have to be able to get the whole building before you get any benefits. Once again Inno gave us 2 level ones making it very hard to get to nine levels without spending diamonds.

qaccy

You have to be able to get the whole building before you get any benefits. Once again Inno gave us 2 level ones making it very hard to get to nine levels without spending diamonds.
It's no harder than any other event. Level 1 Reserves are obtained in prize slots that wouldn't have been upgrade kits anyway. For free players, that second Reserve is just taking the place of something like goods or FP or whatever else is a filler prize in between upgrades.

McBluefire

It's amazing to see love for this event on the forums. I know exactly one person in game that likes the event and hear nothing but grumbling from many highly active players regarding the RNG aspect of the minigame.

I will have one fully upgraded building, so I'm okay with the event. Meanwhile I know several folks who only have 5, 6, or 7 upgrades and are completely irritated.

Personally I cannot stand events that need daily fidgeting with a mini-game several times a day. I have other things to do both in game and in real life.

xivarmy

It's amazing to see love for this event on the forums. I know exactly one person in game that likes the event and hear nothing but grumbling from many highly active players regarding the RNG aspect of the minigame.

I will have one fully upgraded building, so I'm okay with the event. Meanwhile I know several folks who only have 5, 6, or 7 upgrades and are completely irritated.

Personally I cannot stand events that need daily fidgeting with a mini-game several times a day. I have other things to do both in game and in real life.
This is personally my favorite event in their current slate - the minigame is fun and something I look forward to playing. And I only need to do the fidgeting with it daily (you have at least 24 hours before your ticket regen can go from 0->4), unlike st pats that *does* need attention multiple times a day.

The RNG aspects are really minimal over the number of tickets you have to play. Your ability at the minigame predominantly determines your results. Yea there'll be the occasional 1 paw game. There'll also be the occasional 10 paw game if you can plot out your board well to avoid locking things up. Overall I averaged about 4.5 paws per board on all of my worlds.

I came close to finishing the building with only 20 quests done on one world. And the ones that finished the quests and got more attention are all at 380-400 paws out of the 280 needed for a free panda building.