• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

MAKE GB'S GREAT AGAIN

Graviton

Why change the GBs at all ? They match the history of the game , the newest GBs get stronger and harder to get and life goes on. Were you upset that your dealership didn't give you a new car after ten years as a free upgrade ?
Exactly. I almost compared it to a television set: if I buy a 13" TV for my first apartment, I don't then expect LG to give me a new 47" HD when I move into a house.

LB2021

Why change the GBs at all ? They match the history of the game , the newest GBs get stronger and harder to get and life goes on. Were you upset that your dealership didn't give you a new car after ten years as a free upgrade ?
But that's not necessarily true. There are some very early GBs, like the Zeus and CdM that are very powerful even when you get to later ages, but other GBs that have come out in later ages - like the Virgo and Flying Island that are fairly useless. But the point of changing them is more to make them relevant again, not individual GBs, but GBs as a whole, when compared to Event buildings, and now Cultural Settlement, GBG and QI buildings. Anyways, INNO just posted this today - so it sounds like they are working on this already - hooray!

"In addition to these features, we're focusing on improving the Great Buildings to ensure they remain competitive with Event Buildings. We won't overhaul the system entirely, but we are committed to making more buildings relevant."

Which is basically all I was asking for when I started this post. And whether they do this by shrinking them or changing them in some other manner, I'm fine with it either way. I just thought shrinking would be something easy for them to do, but there would be several ways for them to fix this, and I'm fine with any, as long as they do something!

LB2021

As a hobby artist, I’m fairly confident that would be a lot of work to implement.

You’re not just reducing image size, you’re redesigning the entire building design to make sure it’s not going to look super weird in the environment once it’s shrunk

It’d be less work than overhauling the rewards system, but I wouldn’t expect that to be a small task when there’s so many Great Buildings involved and you’re requesting to change aspect ratios
Yes, I agree - they might need to change some of the images if they shrink them, but it's not like it's possible. They've already come out with shrink kits for other types of buildings (like the Wishing Well, Rogue Den, etc.), so it's not like it would be impossible.

Ebeondi Asi

Ask and you shall receive?

In addition to these features, we're focusing on improving the Great Buildings to ensure they remain competitive with Event Buildings. We won't overhaul the system entirely, but we are committed to making more buildings relevant.

Watch them put a QI boost on one of the GBs nobody uses. lol
That would be a huge improvement!

Sharmon the Impaler

Ask and you shall receive?

In addition to these features, we're focusing on improving the Great Buildings to ensure they remain competitive with Event Buildings. We won't overhaul the system entirely, but we are committed to making more buildings relevant.

Watch them put a QI boost on one of the GBs nobody uses. lol
Notre Dame with a 25% boost more than likely. I wouldn't plant that garbage with a 100% QI attack boost on it.