• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Make Mobile App Moveable to SD Card

DeletedUser26524

The mobile app is huge. I really need to be able to move it to my SD card, but the option is greyed out. Please make it so we can free up some space by moving the mobile app to our SD cards.

Conan Barbarian

I could really use this also. Any more updates and I might not be able to play on my mobile device. Over 500 MB already would help a ton if you could move this to SD Card.

DeletedUser14910

I suggested this as well. I don't see a reason why the app needs to be in the "device memory", clogging up space.

DeletedUser8152

This is an interesting idea, but is it something the app developer has to enable? I would have guessed the operating system would try to make it transparent to the developer. But I know little about android stuff.

Regardless, we do like to have formal proposals follow a certain format; you can read about that at the link in my signature. This helps keep the proposal and voting process uniform and consistent. For now, I'll move this to the discussion section of the forum for further feedback. It would be great if someone knowledgeable can shape it into a full proposal.

DeletedUser27544

This is an interesting idea, but is it something the app developer has to enable? I would have guessed the operating system would try to make it transparent to the developer. But I know little about android stuff.

Regardless, we do like to have formal proposals follow a certain format; you can read about that at the link in my signature. This helps keep the proposal and voting process uniform and consistent. For now, I'll move this to the discussion section of the forum for further feedback. It would be great if someone knowledgeable can shape it into a full proposal.

I can play on all Samsung phones, but not on tablet, it's useless :( Come on, impossible it can't be solved!!!

I have a NetCat tablet btw. PLEASE, PLEASE make it a full proposal and let us few know about the news on this subject. Playing it on a 3,5inch display instead of 9inches is at least annoying, not playing.

Also, treasure hunt is not visible on the phone, so the other day I had to run home and het the 8hrs long award :/ so do I have to be home each time I get close to the spoken award, for real? :(:mad:o_O

DeletedUser25273

Sosku, based on a quick search, my guess is that the problem with your tablet is that it is obsolete and running an ancient version of Android that isn't supported by the app (Looks like it runs 2.1 - Eclair, while the app needs 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich).

One option for playing Treasure Hunt on a mobile device is to use a flash proxy browser like Photon to access the game (It will access the browser version). It isn't a great experience as there is a lot of lag, but can work to let you in to make the quick collect on Treasure Hunt.

DeletedUser27544

Sosku, based on a quick search, my guess is that the problem with your tablet is that it is obsolete and running an ancient version of Android that isn't supported by the app (Looks like it runs 2.1 - Eclair, while the app needs 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich).

One option for playing Treasure Hunt on a mobile device is to use a flash proxy browser like Photon to access the game (It will access the browser version). It isn't a great experience as there is a lot of lag, but can work to let you in to make the quick collect on Treasure Hunt.

Not at all. NetCat model number M-24 is version 4.2.2 with dual core processor A23. It's not that powerful, but as you can see I'm not the only one.
Btw, thanks for the Treasure Hunt tip, I'll try it right now! it can't be chrome or phone's default browser, but Photon?

DeletedUser8152

Photon is specifically made for this kind of thing. In flash mode it actually runs flash on their server and live streams it to you. It works better than you might guess, though not great. It isn't free (though just a couple dollars). A super annoying thing is that when you use it to go the Inno site, Inno tries to take you to the app store to get their app instead. So you have to be a little persistent and it helps to start the flash mode at the right time.

DeletedUser27544

Photon is specifically made for this kind of thing. In flash mode it actually runs flash on their server and live streams it to you. It works better than you might guess, though not great. It isn't free (though just a couple dollars). A super annoying thing is that when you use it to go the Inno site, Inno tries to take you to the app store to get their app instead. So you have to be a little persistent and it helps to start the flash mode at the right time.
Ok. So let's clear - the only way to play FoE on mobile (android) AND HAVE Treasure Hunt feature working fine is by playing it via Photon and Photon only? I can't use Dolphin? any free browser?
ALSO, I use Samsung galaxy GT-S7582 mobile phone, android ver. 4.2.2. where it works fine, but can't move on SD card, like I've said in other thread, and I don't have treasure hunt icon. On my NetCat tablet I can't even play, cuz it won't move to external card too.
Could there be some apk file as alternative? I found some via google, but the site seemed suspicious and I had no courage to click on it.... :(

To sum up: make it movable to external memory, PLEASE! Add the treasure hunt icon like any other quest, please.

DeletedUser8152

Anything that gets you flash will work; photon is the way I know.

DeletedUser27544

wow it works! :D;) the only issue is the width of the pop-up on the 3,5" display, like, the 8 hour treasure button is only few pixels from being left out! It's Captain's fault - his image is too big :) But those few pixels are enough to click and gain reward I hope :rolleyes:

PS: oh and it works in landscape mode too, but not always, at first it didn't, now it's all there <3
Glad this will help at hunting and thank you jaelis very, very much!

DeletedUser27663

Yeah, the app is getting big now, especially when it tries to update. It really should be enabled to move to the ssd card like any other program.