• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Making your own guild

Mor-Rioghain

But the treasury is quite important for a guild that actually wants to do anything - as a guild. @Xerosaur put together a rather definitive list of things to consider in starting a new guild posted earlier on this thread and while I don't recollect if he mentioned that specifically he did stress telling people what is expected of them. So, if the guild is going to participate in any/all of the the 3 G's and one or more TBs are requiredd, tell them what, how many, and what level they should be at. For a guild catering to or being open to working with new(er) players a new guild might want to avoid the rather vague, "An Arc or OBS is required but if you don't have one, we'll help you to do it." Rather, they might state:

All players must have at least 1 Treasury GB @ level __ OR enough SoHs/Elephant Statues to provide "X" number of goods per treasury. (Okay, that was a bit clumsy but the point is that it can be made very specific).

A better example is to simply state: Each guildmate must provide through Treasury GBs or Treasury Items a minimum of "X" goods per day or expect to make up the difference by manual donation, etc.

To the OP (or anyone thinking of doing something like this in your guild): DON'T just pull a number out of thin air on this one! Track your guild's expenditures and research, research, research what other guilds of a similar type as yours in terms of size, level/era of members, and Guild Activities are to determine what your expectations in terms of goods donations to the treasury should be! There is probably nothing more frustrating to a member of a guild to feel as if they are constantly feeding the treasury for "someone else's pleasure" or to "satisfy the guild founder/leaders'" needs, not their own.

I advised earlier that's very important to tell potential members what you can do for them not what you expect them to do for you and I still stand by that. Everyone should expect to fund guild enterprises but it's not just "nice" to know by how much it's "imperitive" to know "how much and why!"