• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Market activity around FE?

mamboking053

Are the markets still as active with players around the Future Era as they are in the lower eras?

I'm only in HMA at the moment so I don't know, but I figured that at that point a person was probably self-sufficient in terms of producing their own goods (like from a crap-ton of event buildings, high-level GB's, and such) and that it seemed like a person was more likely to be selling their excess for FP rather than trading in the market.

DeletedUser29726

People still want to trade - the main issue is they all want to trade the same things (unless you're in a new world with a multi-age top hood). There's plenty of current age goods floating around in a top age hood, and plenty of 3 age earlier goods (unrefined). But there's more demand in general for 1 or 2 ages previous than supply.

mamboking053

Got it. Was wondering whether buying goods from a future age and trading down was a better alternative. Seems no, for a slightly different reason.

DeletedUser29726

You might be able to, but you'll need a variety of ages of players. More or less you ideally want someone 2 ages above the good you want to trade off and they'll be more open to accepting ratios of your choosing if they're paying with goods 3 ages below them.

i.e. a VF player will typically be open to getting AF goods for their FE. an OF player FE goods for their TE. AF TE goods for their CE, etc.

It will be a lot more work though and typically my recommendation is to just buy the age you want the goods for rather than trying to get things super-cheap by buying 3 ages ahead and trying to insist on 2:1 for each age gap down (also bear in mind the people offering the wrong age goods that 'you can trade' are usually doing so because they can't trade them very well :p)