• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Market Questions

• Thread starter DeletedUser23125
  • Start date

DeletedUser23125

I am just getting started and am confused about the markets.

I posted a trade offering 4 wine for 2 lumber and after 10 hours it has not been accepted by anyone.

Am I offering a bad deal, I thought 2 to 1 would be tempting to someone?

Or is the market just dead where I am? I am only seeing 10 to 1 trades.

Second question. I have two accounts on the same server but I cant see the trade my one account has posted on the other account. Is there a level you need to be before you see the "real" market?

DeletedUser16673

It costs 1fp to trade on the open market.
Rather then spend a fp on a small trade players are more likely to spend on a larger trade.

DeletedUser23125

It costs 1fp to trade on the open market.
Rather then spend a fp on a small trade players are more likely to spend on a larger trade.

So how large a trade does it take before someone would get interested in spending an FP?

And why cant I see any trades but the 10 to 1 trades?

- - - Updated - - -

Bruce ... are you not aware that it's forbidden to have two accounts on the same server?
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/misc.php?do=vsarules&cfrset=3 See rule #1

So how does one delete an account on a server?

DeletedUser8152

So how large a trade does it take before someone would get interested in spending an FP?

And why cant I see any trades but the 10 to 1 trades?
You can only see trades posted by someone in your guild, neighborhood, or friends list. And only those people can see your trades.

You should really join a guild, because trades with guildmates don't cost a forge point. Otherwise, you probably want to offer at least 20 or so to be worth the FP.

Definitely do contact support about the 2nd account, if they find it first you'll probably get banned.

Mustapha00

Agreed on the suggestion to join a Guild...preferably a large one that is dedicated to the concept of Free Trade.

When in the earliest ages of the game, there is simply no way that I'd burn a FP just to complete a trade. Maybe at some point, I'll have more FP than I know what to do with but that's not the case now. Joining a Commerce Guild absolutely makes things easier, especially if the Guild is willing to help newer players advance through favorable trade ratios.

When it comes to those trade ratios, I usually post 1:1 if what I offer and what I need are in the same Age. If what I need is one Age higher, I'll generally offer 1.2 to 1.f:1 (meaning offer 6, ask 5 or offer 7, ask 5). If what I need is one Age lower, I'll generally offer .6 to .8:1 (offer 5 ask 6 or offer 5 ask 7). Judging from the lack of time between posting trades and seeing them accepted, I think I'm in the ballpark of Fair Trades.

DeletedUser23125

Are the Guilds working on the IOS app yet? I saw an old forum post saying they were not working yet.

DeletedUser8152

Can I log into my IOS account on the PC?

Yes, that's the best bet. When you log in via PC, you'll get to pick which world to log into. If you only have one world on your iOS, then you'll only have one option there, or you can start a new world. Don't start a new world, just log into your existing world.

I'm hopeful they'll at least have messaging working on iOS soon, but until then the game is MUCH better on PC.