• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

MARS ORE...

Deathlok

Ok, I have my Mars colony going. I'm confused since I have no way currently to harvest ore. I can't unlock the "oxygen gen" b/c I need ore but can't harvest any. I'm confused to say the least here. I guess I'm not understanding how to unlock ore extraction unless I use diamonds?

Goth Almighty

You don't have to use diamonds. First of all, you have to conquer all the provinces on the two Space Age Mars maps on the Continent Map from your main city. Have you done that?

xivarmy

Mars Ore comes from the continent map primarily - you unlock deposits there.

It requires credits from your colony to explore a deposit. Deposits don't get used up, you can explore them over and over.

The first deposits you find tend to be a bit weaker, but if you continue clearing the continent map you'll find 10 deposits in total on mars (8 in the other space ages), 3 of which are 24 hr explorations and provide a decent chunk of ore.

Deathlok

You don't have to use diamonds. First of all, you have to conquer all the provinces on the two Space Age Mars maps on the Continent Map from your main city. Have you done that?
I have not conquered them all yet. I was confused on that part. I'll keep hitting it and I do thank you for the quick reply!!!

Goth Almighty

I have not conquered them all yet. I was confused on that part. I'll keep hitting it and I do thank you for the quick reply!!!
And, then, the second part, which is just as important, is your Mars Colony. I've probably been in Space Age Mars for at least a year and I'm still learning how to develop my Mars Colony. So, patience is really key. The first thing is, you will earn expansions. Use them all. Then fill your colony with as many Simple Shelters, Drop Pods, Modular Homes and Domes (from the Build menu) as will fit. These buildings produce Credits, which are required in order to produce Mars Ore on your Continent Map. However, your Mars Colony also needs good air quality so you also have to build Life Support Buildings (also, from the Build menu). Lastly, you will want to build Goods Buildings to produce the Space Age Mars goods your Mars map provides deposits for (my deposits are Superalloys and Biotech Crops. Your RAH, St Marks, ToB and LoA in your main city, will also produce all 5 Space Age Mars goods randomly. But the two deposits on your map will allow you to double those specific goods with the Goods Bldgs. in your Mars Colony). Naturally, you need roads to connect all the buildings. Lastly, try to collect from your Mars Colony twice a day (none of the buildings take longer than 8 hours to produce credits) and collect ore from your Continent Map only once a day.

Johnny B. Goode

Your RAH, St Marks, ToB and LoA in your main city, will also produce all 5 Space Age Mars goods randomly.
No, they won't. Not unless they've changed how they work. From Modern Era on up they produce unrefined (3rd previous age) goods. So in SAM they would produce Arctic Future goods.

Goth Almighty

No, they won't. Not unless they've changed how they work. From Modern Era on up they produce unrefined (3rd previous age) goods. So in SAM they would produce Arctic Future goods.
You're right, my bad. So, how do you produce SAM goods, other than the boosts you get from the Continent Map and produce in your Mars Colony. I can only produce two of the 5 goods in my colony and I have twice as many of those as I have of the other 3 goods. But I have a shit ton of all of them and I'm wondering where they all came from.

Pericles the Lion

You're right, my bad. So, how do you produce SAM goods, other than the boosts you get from the Continent Map and produce in your Mars Colony. I can only produce two of the 5 goods in my colony and I have twice as many of those as I have of the other 3 goods. But I have a shit ton of all of them and I'm wondering where they all came from.
Current era goods can be obtained from Daily Challenges, Incidents, ToR relics in GE, questline rewards in Settlements, GBG, rewards from Story/Bonus/Side/Recurring Quests, Events, the C-Map, Event Buildings, Emissaries in the Town Hall, exchanging in the Marketplace. I've probably omitted some sources.

Edit: I forgot about the rewards from SV, HC, and FI. Bottom line is that there are a lot of sources for current era goods.

Last edited:

Deathlok

Thanks for the great advice and thoughtful input everyone. All of ages have been pretty self explanatory BUT Mars well I just didn't/don't feel it is. I must have read the given directions 100 times trying to pick stuff out. Should have just asked the question but I like to figure this stuff out on my own. I'll ask next time since its obvious you guys have a really good grasp on things. Thank you very much again.