• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Max helpful Attacking army Attack and defense percentage

kama-

Hi all,
I have my a/d at 2271/1965, but really don't see much difference from when it was 1500/1300. Is there a point, where higher attack and/or defense doesn't help?

Ebeondi Asi

Posting what Era you are in would help the discussion. (I am in Venus in three Worlds with on average A2100/D2300 )
With the OP percentages of boost I would assume the op here is in SAAB, Venus or Jupiter Moon.
The limit is what can be fit in the space allowed. Plus Great Building boost tends to be limited to well below level 200 or so. I would guess a max attack of 3000 could be attained. There are Attack Boosts of 2500+ now. 3000+ Attack army defense might be in the realm too?
The real test is in GbG where Max attrition is the key to what can be done.
The Defense will always have (no matter how high) the fact of minimum one chit of damage per strike from an enemy. And who goes first matters a lot. Particularly with "Keen Eye" boosts getting higher each Era up. So IMO Attack army defense can really never be enough. once you are in Eras with Keen Eye.
And neither can attack reach a level it can not get any better. And is your ArcticOrangery high enough to provide a lot of one shot kill when with Keen Eye?

So I say just by belief, no proof, there is no limit to a higher attack boost being of value.
But tradeoffs in what a player wants from the city may make higher attack boost less desirable than perhaps some other option? The 'diminishing returns"
Being able the trade i some of the bits and pieces of attack for better bits. is (or should be) an ongoing process in a city.

Darkest.Knight

lol, need to increase stats quite a lot to c noticeable differences, my bias is in favor of attack over def boosts. My rather casual observations lead me to believe that the improvements add more quickly to attack than def. I normally pay attention to the transitional mid lvl attrition range, I can most easily recognize improvements in the transitional area between easy and more difficult fights; the point where I have to start paying attention or start losing units. It takes quite the increase in attack or def to notice the difference at higher attrition values. Improvements seemed to start slowing down after I reached an attrition over 100.

I've never asked or added up the attack values that the really big fighters have, it must be pretty friggin hi since these folk can do over 5000 fights/cycle, lol, if ur trying to be a fighter that's just an amazing number.

Sharmon the Impaler

The fights per cycle , while a great indicator, aren’t including the ones that wait only for 4 SC or higher before they fight. I am at 2424/1396 and can easily continuously fight if I only did that. I increased my attack defense by 134 9 days ago and increased my max attrition from 111 to 117.

Darkest.Knight

Besides the battlegrounds where can u find a limitless number of fights? I do all of the available fights outside the battlegrounds, which of course r pretty easy, but the total number is pretty limited; i assume the huge number of fights are from the battlegrounds.

wolfhoundtoo

Well not quite unlimited but yes GBG can be quite a lot of fights if you are on and have enough camps and are in swaps (or can keep up with whomever you fight if you aren't cooperating). For additional fights you can of course do GE (small number, City attacks, GVG and the PVP tower. GBG is usually the most fights but I guess GVG can give you quite a bit depending on if you are on the map or not and the opponents around you and if they've locked the beaches against you. If you are fight in the all age maps the limit there is how well you can best the armies and if your opponents are on to kill your sieges since so much of it consists of landing zones.

Pericles the Lion

PvP Arena fights are only limited by the amount of medals on hand. Also, recurring quests in the Space Ages have battles and are limited by the 2000 abort limit.

Trobb de Grobb

Each unit attacks with a range of damage from min to max. The game compares your attack% to the defenders defense%. This determines the probability of doing max damage. If you have an extremely high attack% when compared to the defender's defense%, you have a high chance of doing max damage. For an example, if, at 1,500% attack, you have a 99.1% chance of doing max damage and at 2,271% you have a 99.9% chance of max damage would you even notice it?...probably not. The reason many people consider the AO one of the best GBs is it breaks the limit of max damage....and hence, it is always valuable to increase critical chance regardless of your attack/defense or defender's attack/defense. At your high level, extra attack/defense is only useful when you fight really tough opponents.

Remember, everything is a trade off. IMO, this game is all about using your space efficiently. To go from 1,500/1,300 to 2,271/1,965 is a huge commitment of space....at 1,500/1,300 you can have a more balanced city. At 2,271/1,965 your city has to be almost entirely focused on fighting. It depends upon how you play whether that is worth it. If every day in GBG you are maxing your attrition, then more attack/defense might be more rewarding for you. But, if not, then you might be able to replace some of those fighting buildings and still be able to do your normal GBG fighting and have your city be more productive. And, don't forget your time. Collecting rewards from a building has negligible time commitment...but fighting takes time. So it really depends upon how you play and how much time you can commit.

Darkest.Knight

Thinking about things a bit more, it just may be that the "GBG groups" that on occasion do huge number of fights may not be the work of the group but rather a single individual. The way I developed my character created a shortage of goods that lasted until I hit the end of the story questline, I never considered using the battleground buildings due to the goods expense. Since I now produce a considerable excess of goods I'll have to try out some the the battleground buildings, maybe they're worth more than I thought.

kama-

Posting what Era you are in would help the discussion. (I am in Venus in three Worlds with on average A2100/D2300 )
With the OP percentages of boost I would assume the op here is in SAAB, Venus or Jupiter Moon.
The limit is what can be fit in the space allowed. Plus Great Building boost tends to be limited to well below level 200 or so. I would guess a max attack of 3000 could be attained. There are Attack Boosts of 2500+ now. 3000+ Attack army defense might be in the realm too?
The real test is in GbG where Max attrition is the key to what can be done.
The Defense will always have (no matter how high) the fact of minimum one chit of damage per strike from an enemy. And who goes first matters a lot. Particularly with "Keen Eye" boosts getting higher each Era up. So IMO Attack army defense can really never be enough. once you are in Eras with Keen Eye.
And neither can attack reach a level it can not get any better. And is your ArcticOrangery high enough to provide a lot of one shot kill when with Keen Eye?

So I say just by belief, no proof, there is no limit to a higher attack boost being of value.
But tradeoffs in what a player wants from the city may make higher attack boost less desirable than perhaps some other option? The 'diminishing returns"
Being able the trade i some of the bits and pieces of attack for better bits. is (or should be) an ongoing process in a city.

kama-

IN reply, i am In Jupiter. I am still working to get my A/D higher, but not sure how much it helps. I would like to see numbers as shown by Trobb..99.1% chance of max damage, and what that percentage of damage is to each unit. That would give me a better idea. I am trying to get both A and D to 2500..not sure if possible with the space allotments..but willing to take out TOR and Space Cruiser if I get close enough LOL

Sharmon the Impaler

IN reply, i am In Jupiter. I am still working to get my A/D higher, but not sure how much it helps. I would like to see numbers as shown by Trobb..99.1% chance of max damage, and what that percentage of damage is to each unit. That would give me a better idea. I am trying to get both A and D to 2500..not sure if possible with the space allotments..but willing to take out TOR and Space Cruiser if I get close enough LOL
I am in SAJM as well and am at 2429 att but only 1410 att defense. The attack is easily doable but the defense for attack is much more rare

Just An Observer

I am in SAJM as well and am at 2429 att but only 1410 att defense. The attack is easily doable but the defense for attack is much more rare
If you are willing to spend Diamonds, a whole host of Sentinel Level 2's will take care of the D number with ease. You use the most efficient building in the game for D as well as space management. I run over 170 of these buildings and am in Progressive.

Sharmon the Impaler

If you are willing to spend Diamonds, a whole host of Sentinel Level 2's will take care of the D number with ease. You use the most efficient building in the game for D as well as space management. I run over 170 of these buildings and am in Progressive.
That is what I hoped for in this event . 30 tickets bought for the SO and zero dropped over having it twice this event. Not impressed.

52 Blue

I cant confirm or deny but i heard a few times over the past year or so that a 72,5% of attack for attack def but im not the guy to do the math required to find out. I definately agree that lvl 2 sentinals in bulk is valuable.

Ebeondi Asi

I cant confirm or deny but i heard a few times over the past year or so that a 72,5% of attack for attack def but im not the guy to do the math required to find out. I definately agree that lvl 2 sentinals in bulk is valuable.
That idea is big in one of my Guilds. And the claim is fewer losses of troops. I disagree however.
First off that was developed before Space Ages began. And IMO Keen Eye changes the picture a lot.
Surviving a Keen Eye hit is important.
Plus the unmentioned fact of "who goes first" matters a great deal in attack/defense ratios. a fact totally ignored in the blanket 72.5% ratio notion.
Also that ratio was developed back when getting attack army defense was very hard to acquire. Which is no longer true at all. And IMO that may have set some bias in the numbers.