• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Maximum number of friend.

*Arturis*

Is there a limit/cap to the number of friends you can have?
I am at 141(incl me) friends and other can't add me to their friendlist anymore.
Please confirm.
Thank you:)
Just notice I posted on the wrong section, could Mod move this thread to the question/guide section please.

Last edited:

*Arturis*

Can someone confirm if you have more than 141 people including yourself on your friendlist. Others can't invite me anymore, so I am pretty sure 140 is the limit.

DeletedUser3052

I got 88 people on my list and I can't invite them. Others can invite me which adds more to the list. Is this a bug (or Easter Egg) that we do not know about?

*Arturis*

I got 88 people on my list and I can't invite them. Others can invite me which adds more to the list. Is this a bug (or Easter Egg) that we do not know about?
You still can accept friendship from others but you can't invite anymore after 80 on the list including yourself.

DeletedUser29710

Is 80 friend invitations a lifetime limit? Or a daily limit? If it's a lifetime limit I'm kinda screwed :)

DeletedUser28670

Is 80 friend invitations a lifetime limit? Or a daily limit? If it's a lifetime limit I'm kinda screwed :)
80 friend invitations is a lifetime limit. However, if you go below 80 friends, you will be able to invite again. Once you go over 80, you will have no invites again.

DeletedUser29710

80 friend invitations is a lifetime limit. However, if you go below 80 friends, you will be able to invite again. Once you go over 80, you will have no invites again.
I guess I’m not understanding something… reading this thread it sounds like there’s a max of 140 friends… and a max of 80 friend invitations. I don’t yet have 140 friends. But I have hit 80 friend invitations barrier. So how can I reach 140 friends if I can only invite 80? Maybe things have changed, this is a very old thread.

DeletedUser28711

I guess I’m not understanding something… reading this thread it sounds like there’s a max of 140 friends… and a max of 80 friend invitations. I don’t yet have 140 friends. But I have hit 80 friend invitations barrier. So how can I reach 140 friends if I can only invite 80? Maybe things have changed, this is a very old thread.

The ability to invite friends ends at 80, but you still have the ability to accept a friend invite from another player until you reach 140.

<=80 you can invite
81-140 you can only accept

DeletedUser29710

The ability to invite friends ends at 80, but you still have the ability to accept a friend invite from another player until you reach 140.

<=80 you can invite
81-140 you can only accept
Thanks for the clarification. Oh boy I wasted a bunch of invites, not meaning to be unkind but I sent them out willy nilly to people who haven't even bothered to get their taverns up and running. Oh well :)

DeletedUser30943

Oh boy I wasted a bunch of invites, not meaning to be unkind but I sent them out willy nilly to people who haven't even bothered to get their taverns up and running. Oh well :)

You can always remove friends. If you need to find out who's active and helpful, stop Aiding anyone in your Friends List for 24 hours (remembering that they could also be in your guild or neighbourhood...easiest to just not aid anyone at all for those 24 hours). Then, open your Event Log and Aid everyone by that method only. Once you've gone through your entire Event Log, return to your normal Friends list. Anyone who still has an Aid button there hasn't done anything for you in the entire history of your event log (~5 days, I believe). Those are the ones you'll probably want to remove.

DeletedUser29710

You can always remove friends. If you need to find out who's active and helpful, stop Aiding anyone in your Friends List for 24 hours (remembering that they could also be in your guild or neighbourhood...easiest to just not aid anyone at all for those 24 hours). Then, open your Event Log and Aid everyone by that method only. Once you've gone through your entire Event Log, return to your normal Friends list. Anyone who still has an Aid button there hasn't done anything for you in the entire history of your event log (~5 days, I believe). Those are the ones you'll probably want to remove.
How/where do I open the event log, on PC and iPad? On PC I open "research new technologies" because when it closes, the event log seems to open automatically. But I can never figure out how to get to the event log without doing this. Thanks.

DeletedUser26120

How/where do I open the event log, on PC and iPad? On PC I open "research new technologies" because when it closes, the event log seems to open automatically. But I can never figure out how to get to the event log without doing this.
Click on your Town Hall, that should bring up a window. Go to the News Tab, and Event History button should be there.

That's how it is on PC - I think it's similar for mobile.

You can go even further and check who is clearing their taverns or not. This takes some work but you can use either notepad or docs.google.com to write down the names of players whose taverns you successfully sat down on.

After that go through your friends' list and remove anyone who isn't written down. Takes a little bit of work but works really well in keeping your friends' list active.

My recommendation is to do it as I did, which was to check 4 to 5 times a day in a 48 hour span. Anyone not clearing their tavern at least once every 2 days should be removed if you're willing to do the work.

This matters because you get forge points for sitting on taverns with tablecloths. :)

Any more questions just let us know and someone will be glad to help out.

DeletedUser29710

Found the event history, perfect. And thanks for all the info, appreciate it. As I progress I can see the importance of keeping a friends list of active players.

DeletedUser28670

Found the event history, perfect. And thanks for all the info, appreciate it. As I progress I can see the importance of keeping a friends list of active players.
Once you find the event history I can give another tip.
If you open the event menu and click on the little blue 3-bar symbol (kind of looks like a hamburger on a road sign) at the top left of the window you should have the option to turn on filters. If it is already on, you will be able to search and filter events. Searching for a player, then looking at whether they have aided/attacked/polished/taverned you in the last few days will be very beneficial to help you check who IS and Isn't active.

DeletedUser30943

If you open the event menu and click on the little blue 3-bar symbol (kind of looks like a hamburger on a road sign) at the top left of the window you should have the option to turn on filters.
Oooh, I hadn't discovered that one yet. Thanks for that tip, Lord Muggle!

Snarko

Did you invite people to the game? Since people you invite are automatically added it may be possible to get over 140 friends that way. Someone claimed to have reached 141 friends that way on the forums but I can't remember where.

DeletedUser34436

I’m always told that I have invited too many but I can’t figure out who it was that I invited.

But when I think about it, I don’t want to delete someone just because I need to make room to invite someone else. If they’re inactive, I can find that on my own and delete them.

If they’re not inactive, then they’ve been helping me over time and I want to keep helping them as much as they’ve helped me.