• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

ME Paratroopers dying fast

jsc29

I recently evolved to Modern Era and one issue I have been having is that the ranged unit, the paratroopers, die really fast. Apparently this is because they parachute onto a random square on the first move.

Since I almost always autoattack in GBG, basically what happens is they die on the first move.

Should I just forget about paratroops in ME and use PE snipers instead?

Lord Pest

There are better units than paratroopers you can use. I would give battle tanks and bazooka teams a try. Basically when I get to a new age I experiment with all the new units to see which work for me... and fit my fighting style. If you want to autofight and win you need to pick a unit that does well against all other units. Try them all but tanks will be good through future age. Where you are in the game I used tanks and even champions as my go to units. That doesn’t mean I didn’t use another troop combo when tanks didn’t get the job done in certain situations.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I recently evolved to Modern Era and one issue I have been having is that the ranged unit, the paratroopers, die really fast. Apparently this is because they parachute onto a random square on the first move.

Since I almost always autoattack in GBG, basically what happens is they die on the first move.

Should I just forget about paratroops in ME and use PE snipers instead?

The dropped troops are the worst for AB. In Modern I always used Battle Tanks and Mechanized Artillery. BT with rogues. 2/6 if not against an 8 X BT wave , 1/7 if against an 8 X BT wave.. This pattern will continue all the way up. Dropped troops will always under perform unless you really crank up your Def on Att and make them smarter. Less than 500 def on Att and they are kinda suicidal. Manual is out of the question in GbG I agree

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Yeah but how are you supposed to do many battles a day with manual battle?

With troops suited for auto battle. Once you move on in age you just can not auto battle with any troop available.

What he is doing is picking any unit available and just push auto battle. He has no clue what he is doing. You learn how new units work by manual battle, then you know what you can use for auto battle.

No, you should forget about auto attack.
Not an answer to the question asked by the OP, merely an opinion that marginally applies.
In response to the question posed by the OP, it depends. If you prefer to auto battle in GbG then my opinion would be yes, forget using the Paratrooper unit because it will underperform in that situation. Snipers worked well for me into ME, sometimes I would combo them with others troops while auto battling. Sharmon's advise above is solid as well in my opinion.
BTW, yes, some troops can be considered "bad" if they don't perform to a level comparable to like troop of another age, and there is nothing wrong with that. Heck, any troop can be "bad" if you so choose to label it as such, so please do not allow anyone to convince you otherwise.

With troops suited for auto battle. Once you move on in age you just can not auto battle with any troop available.

Whaty he is doing is picking any unit available and just push auto battle. He has no clue what he is doing. You learn how new units work by manual battle, then you know what you can use for auto battle.
Quite presumptuous of you to assume to know that is what the OP is doing, especially given there is absolutely no real indication as to your assertion being correct. Further, for one to judge another player as having "no clue what he is doing" is quite arrogant and presumes there is but only one correct way to play. Isn't it possible that the OP knows exactly what he is doing and is simply seeking to clarify this belief by posing the question to other players in the forum?Isn't it possible that the OP has "learned" what the new units of his age can do and is seeking confirmation through posing the question in the forum; you know, the place where players from a wide range of backgrounds and experience can meet and share ideas and ask questions without the threat of being bullied?
Amazingly I have figured out how to know what the new units of a Era can do while auto battling. I use the information INNO provides with each of the units and make the decision as to which units to use from that, along with the experience of auto battling.

Last edited:

CommanderCool1234

What he is doing is picking any unit available and just push auto battle. He has no clue what he is doing. You learn how new units work by manual battle, then you know what you can use for auto battle.
That makes sense, well said.

Beorn Bear

Paratroopers aren't necessarily bad, you just have to use them correctly. You definitely cannot use one with 7 Rogues. However, if the enemy army is mostly made up of troops that the Paratrooper has a bonus against, using 8 of them with auto battle will usually work. Depending, of course, on the relative boosts. Eight Paratroopers could potentially take out up to half the enemy army before their first shot is fired. Again, you have to use them against the right enemy lineup.