• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Meaning of numbers that float up from town hall and building sets.

SharonRB

One of my guild people asked me about what the numbers mean that float up from building sets and the town hall. I think I understand the building sets - if they are near other buildings then you get extra bonuses but what numbers float up from town hall other than the # of forge points you get daily?

Super Catanian

Regarding sets, yes, it does involve the number of unique pieces they're connected to. Buildings in sets provide all the cool extra bonuses only if they're connected to other unique Buildings of the same set. For example. if you place the Piazza Mask Vendor where it's supposed to be in its set (while also completing the full set), a +4 or something will appear above it, showing that it's connected to 4 unique pieces of its set. The other Buildings it touches will show a +1 to show that they're receiving the bonus from the new piece.

Now, the Town Hall... The Town Hall produces a base amount of Coins every 24 hours, and it can also produce Forge Points along with it if the player is in a Guild of at least level 10. However, with the introduction of Cultural Settlements, you can obtain Emissaries that reside in your Town Hall and can produce other things. They include more Coins, Supplies, Medals, Goods, more Forge Points, and Units of your age. Collecting from the Town Hall while having one or more of these Emissaries active will also show the number of that resource collected along with the Coins and Forge Points.

Hope this helps, but if it's still not clear, tell me and I'll do my best to clear it up.

BadBad33

Regarding sets, yes, it does involve the number of unique pieces they're connected to. Buildings in sets provide all the cool extra bonuses only if they're connected to other unique Buildings of the same set. For example. if you place the Piazza Mask Vendor where it's supposed to be in its set (while also completing the full set), a +4 or something will appear above it, showing that it's connected to 4 unique pieces of its set. The other Buildings it touches will show a +1 to show that they're receiving the bonus.

Hope this helps, but if it's still not clear, tell me and I'll do my best to clear it up.

Quick side note question... With the sets and unique pieces like the Piazza Mask Vendor... Is there any strategy to using the 1×1 tiles in sequence where you can have those 1×1 feed off of each other - or does it(and similar 1×1 pieces) have to feed off of other unique pieces and won't interact off the same piece?
i must admit haven't tried much of it to test out.

SharonRB

There can be but there is a unique pieces component to all the sets - at least that has been my experience. However if you figure out ways to max the touching of unique buildings you can also add in extras but it helps to draw out your set up.

Super Catanian

Quick side note question... With the sets and unique pieces like the Piazza Mask Vendor... Is there any strategy to using the 1×1 tiles in sequence where you can have those 1×1 feed off of each other - or does it(and similar 1×1 pieces) have to feed off of other unique pieces and won't interact off the same piece?
i must admit haven't tried much of it to test out.
Pieces in sets must be connected to unique pieces to increase their benefits. In fact, some custom setups involve multiple copies of Buildings touching the same copies, wasting a bit of efficiency, but still more powerful.