• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Medals

In one of my games I have over 1 million medals and there is no use for them. Will this be looked into or is that the end of using medals. If so it defeats the purpose of collecting them. Thanks

KevinP0208

I'm not there but would be interesting in confirming or clarifying this.

1M medals? 2M medals? How about sitting on 35M medals (and 1.2M tavern silver)?
Here are the uses for medals:

Medals can be used for:

For the Arctic Harbor it costs 500 medals only... I dunno if medals have any other uses

Tony 85 the Generous

Here are the uses for medals:
Medals can be used for:
For the Arctic Harbor it costs 500 medals only... I dunno if medals have any other uses
Thank you for the confirmation of the Arctic Harbor and Oceanic Terminal.
As for the rest, expansions are limited as is GvG (can't play from mobile and since my guild is mostly mobile we cannot partake effectively) leaving the few medals required for negotiating and attempts in GE. Again, I don't know the total cost of medals for Arctic Harbor and Oceanic Terminal. But the rest is low and limited.

wolfhoundtoo

There isn't any point in going out of your way to win medals once you have all the expansions really. You just collect them as they are a reward you get as part of the game. You need to remember that just because you've advanced to the point where you don't need them that there are still plenty of other players that still need those medals. You can lament a wasted resource or be glad that you've gotten to the point where you have all the victory expansions that are available.

Odds are even if your guild does AA GVG you'll still not need your medals as most guilds that are fighting in AA also have plenty of members that have plenty of medals. If the sheer number disturbs your that much you can still put them in the guild treasury so you aren't overflowing with medals.

KevinP0208

Thank you for the confirmation of the Arctic Harbor and Oceanic Terminal.
As for the rest, expansions are limited as is GvG (can't play from mobile and since my guild is mostly mobile we cannot partake effectively) leaving the few medals required for negotiating and attempts in GE. Again, I don't know the total cost of medals for Arctic Harbor and Oceanic Terminal. But the rest is low and limited.
What I do with my medals is just buy a BUNCH of attempts for expeditions so that I don't need to wait for more. I don't have any more need for medals, so I spend every spare I got buying attemps. (I do Expeditions A LOT). I think that itself makes it somewhat useful...

Tony 85 the Generous

What I do with my medals is just buy a BUNCH of attempts for expeditions so that I don't need to wait for more. I don't have any more need for medals, so I spend every spare I got buying attemps. (I do Expeditions A LOT). I think that itself makes it somewhat useful...
HC + SC = 10 attempts in GE, but you only get 8 in the bar. I have spent a few getting those last two when I don't want to wait, or spending them in GE4 with the extra turn activated. Otherwise, I just put them in Scrooge McDuck's money vault with my 465M coins.